K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Nagoda
Futurian

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by Nagoda »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:31 pm Considering he already hijacked Mechagodzilla to begin with, is it possible for MV Ghidorah to take over other mechanics to do his bidding?

I was thinking of a story featuring him taking over Kyron-5 from Gunhead, who in turn hijacks a bunch of other mecha units.
No, as Mechagodzilla is a special case similar to Kiryu, in that it has the bones of another monster which they can then take over from. Mechagodzilla has a Ghidorah Skull inside of it connecting it to a second Ghidorah skull. Both Skulls also are telepathic with each other somehow cause movie says so.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Nagoda wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:55 pm
Gigantis wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:31 pm Considering he already hijacked Mechagodzilla to begin with, is it possible for MV Ghidorah to take over other mechanics to do his bidding?

I was thinking of a story featuring him taking over Kyron-5 from Gunhead, who in turn hijacks a bunch of other mecha units.
No, as Mechagodzilla is a special case similar to Kiryu, in that it has the bones of another monster which they can then take over from. Mechagodzilla has a Ghidorah Skull inside of it connecting it to a second Ghidorah skull. Both Skulls also are telepathic with each other somehow cause movie says so.
I think gigantis means if Ghidorah's skull is placed inside a mech, and the other is used as the control unit.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:00 pm
Nagoda wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:55 pm

I think gigantis means if Ghidorah's skull is placed inside a mech, and the other is used as the control unit.
I assumed he meant Ghidorah is using Mechagodzilla’s Systems to take over other Mechas, or Ghidorah taking over other machines by himself. If we are going off a machine is controlling Mechagodzilla as the Control Unit, Ghidorah would probably do what he did with Serizawa and fry it to take full control of Mechagodzilla.
_______

Pròiseilvenator
Yojimbo

Post by Pròiseilvenator »

Not sure if this is the right place for this type of question, but I'd like some thoughts from those familiar with the KWC entries. If it's not the right place, I can move it!

I'm going to be using a trio of weaker (good) monsters to go against one stronger monster. For thematic purposes, I'm hoping to put these good kaiju against a Godzilla of some sort. I've been debating between Ultima or Shin. I want something this is a huge threat to the land itself, but I'm not sure which of the two people would respond better to.

Would you be more worried to read a new match title with your favorite kaiju vs Shin Godzilla, or vs Godzilla Ultima? Letting me know why is even more helpful.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Pròiseilvenator wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:29 pm Not sure if this is the right place for this type of question, but I'd like some thoughts from those familiar with the KWC entries. If it's not the right place, I can move it!

I'm going to be using a trio of weaker (good) monsters to go against one stronger monster. For thematic purposes, I'm hoping to put these good kaiju against a Godzilla of some sort. I've been debating between Ultima or Shin. I want something this is a huge threat to the land itself, but I'm not sure which of the two people would respond better to.

Would you be more worried to read a new match title with your favorite kaiju vs Shin Godzilla, or vs Godzilla Ultima? Letting me know why is even more helpful.
Now, I haven't seen all of Singular Point, which may shape this opinion of mine, but I'd rather read my fave vs Shin than against Ultima. While Ultima is essentially a walking apocalypse, Shin seems way more likely for a kaiju like Titanosaurus, Biollante, or Anguirus 01 to be able to defeat, so it's not a stomp like I would expect from them vs Ultima. Hell, writers have had Shin lose against MAGUMA of all kaiju, so Shin vs (insert monster) isn't as likely to go one way or the other from the title. And yeah, Ultima has had one match so far so he may end up being less godly than I expect, but as of right now? I'd prefer Shin.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Pròiseilvenator wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:29 pm Not sure if this is the right place for this type of question, but I'd like some thoughts from those familiar with the KWC entries. If it's not the right place, I can move it!

I’d actually say both, but then again I have certain opinions about those two Godzillas.

Either way, I read every match regardless, so I’d say you’re good to go no matter which Godzilla you choose. :shingodzilla: :terrestris:
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

On the topic of mech's, how well would the MUTO's E.M.P work on Showa MG? Unlike the others, he's semi-autonomous to an extent, so would it just leave him temporarily immobile, or would it still completely disable him?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Dunkeeni wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:47 pm On the topic of mech's, how well would the MUTO's E.M.P work on Showa MG? Unlike the others, he's semi-autonomous to an extent, so would it just leave him temporarily immobile, or would it still completely disable him?
It can sway either way, I feel. Like the Female's sphere of influence could make him glitchy or jittery, whllst the Male's could temporarily knock him out or something. Showa MG is a specific case, as I feel something like Moguera's MECM jamming system would prove to be a great neutralizer to EMPs (it's how he withstood SpaceGodzilla's presence in Fukuoka).
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Is it okay to write a match for K.W.C. and then make the sequel a K.W.C.E?

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Dunkeeni wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:18 pm Is it okay to write a match for K.W.C. and then make the sequel a K.W.C.E?
Absolutely okay to have that connection.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

So with the newest announcement. .
Spoiler:
With Mount Lady, are we allowed to use the other characters of My Hero Academia as background characters, provided they don't participate in the main battle?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Dunkeeni wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:29 pm So with the newest announcement. .
Spoiler:
With Mount Lady, are we allowed to use the other characters of My Hero Academia as background characters, provided they don't participate in the main battle?
Correct! ;) Nailed it on the head with that.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Would it be ok for Legendary Godzilla to fall unconscious and see what would happen should he fail to save the Earth, not seeing the future, but more of knowing what is to come should he die, basically having to choose what he does, knowing one way will cause Earth's doom, while the other saves potentially saves Earth

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:26 pm Would it be ok for Legendary Godzilla to fall unconscious and see what would happen should he fail to save the Earth, not seeing the future, but more of knowing what is to come should he die, basically having to choose what he does, knowing one way will cause Earth's doom, while the other saves potentially saves Earth
So like a dream?
_______

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Nagoda wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:12 pm
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:26 pm Would it be ok for Legendary Godzilla to fall unconscious and see what would happen should he fail to save the Earth, not seeing the future, but more of knowing what is to come should he die, basically having to choose what he does, knowing one way will cause Earth's doom, while the other saves potentially saves Earth
So like a dream?
It's hard to describe, but yes/more like a nightmare , Godzilla sees the dark reality if he fails to do the right thing, then (Other Monster) will demolish the world which leads to my next question would a dead person's ghost be allowed to communicate to Godzilla in his dream, just that all he knows is the urgency of their voice, not exactly what they are saying?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:01 am
So like a dream?
It's hard to describe, but yes/more like a nightmare , Godzilla sees the dark reality if he fails to do the right thing, then (Other Monster) will demolish the world which leads to my next question would a dead person's ghost be allowed to communicate to Godzilla in his dream, just that all he knows is the urgency of their voice, not exactly what they are saying?
So more like a vision then. Also we’ve seen Dead Spirits interacting with both people and Kaiju. The Old Man in GMK was a spirit who went around helping the guardian monsters awaken.
_______

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Nagoda wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:03 am

So like a dream?
So more like a vision then. Also we’ve seen Dead Spirits interacting with both people and Kaiju. The Old Man in GMK was a spirit who went around helping the guardian monsters awaken.
WAIT THE OLD MAN WASN'T REAL?
I gotta rewatch GMK now lol

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Dunkeeni wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:27 pm
Nagoda wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:03 am

WAIT THE OLD MAN WASN'T REAL?
I gotta rewatch GMK now lol
I mean, he was a real person. He wrote the book which they find the Yamato Guardians lore and myths from, and died in the First Godzilla Attack. He just somehow came back as a ghost cause Godzilla came back.
_______

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Spoiler:
Would the MUTO's emp cancel Neronga's beam?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:56 pm
Spoiler:
Would the MUTO's emp cancel Neronga's beam?
Spoiler:
Probably not? Cause he isn’t mechanical, and wouldn’t really be affected by them. An Electromagnetic Pulse doesn’t stop electricity, it makes an electrical field which can disrupt and destroy circuitry. If anything, could Neronga eat the electricity given off by an EMP, or use it to help himself in some way? Besides, it would probably just wash over him since his invisibility makes energy and beams go through him without harm unless he gets hit in the horn.
_______