K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Nagoda wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:24 pm
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:56 am Are we allowed to make Godzilla Ultima grow, to a reasonable size, like maybe 120 meters, but nothing too extreme.
That’s fine. You don’t have to use the exact minimum or maximum listed heights when they are variable in size changing capabilities.
Ok, that's cool, I'm not sure if I can actually meet the standard for the KWC, but I'll try sooner or later, and I did ant to use Ultima.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

I know other kaiju could hear MV Godzilla's alpha roar, but could we have humans hear it as well? I have a scene in a match I'm writing where civilizations in Greece, Egypt, the Battle of Mara, etc hear it.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Dunkeeni wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:52 am I know other kaiju could hear MV Godzilla's alpha roar, but could we have humans hear it as well? I have a scene in a match I'm writing where civilizations in Greece, Egypt, the Battle of Mara, etc hear it.
Depends. Is it going to be like Ghidorah’s roar where he’s doing it in the open? Or is it going to be like in Dominion where he is in a cavern under the sea commanding everyone to sleep? One can be heard much easier than the other.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Nagoda wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:58 am
Dunkeeni wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:52 am I know other kaiju could hear MV Godzilla's alpha roar, but could we have humans hear it as well? I have a scene in a match I'm writing where civilizations in Greece, Egypt, the Battle of Mara, etc hear it.
Depends. Is it going to be like Ghidorah’s roar where he’s doing it in the open? Or is it going to be like in Dominion where he is in a cavern under the sea commanding everyone to sleep? One can be heard much easier than the other.
It'll be Godzilla doing it from the surface of the ocean, above water.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Dunkeeni wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:00 am
Nagoda wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:58 am
It'll be Godzilla doing it from the surface of the ocean, above water.
Should be fine probably then, since I think the test roar for 2014 was heard over 3 miles or so?

Added in 32 seconds:
Plus this is fiction, so just go for it.
_______

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

One more question
So what are some kaiju who could either communicate with or partially understand humans? Obviously the Ultras and Zone Fighter can speak, MV Kong has the capacity for some sign language (perhaps Showa Kong as well if we are being lenient) and if I remember, there was an episode of G:TS where Zilla was able to be 'talked' to via machine that Randy and Craven made. I'm assuming more intelligent kaiju like Sanda, Gamera, Mothra, etc could understand human speech, but could any other standard kaiju?

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Ok last question for real.
Is 2003 Mothra's death able to allow MV Godzilla to go Burning

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Dunkeeni wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:06 am One more question
So what are some kaiju who could either communicate with or partially understand humans? Obviously the Ultras and Zone Fighter can speak, MV Kong has the capacity for some sign language (perhaps Showa Kong as well if we are being lenient) and if I remember, there was an episode of G:TS where Zilla was able to be 'talked' to via machine that Randy and Craven made. I'm assuming more intelligent kaiju like Sanda, Gamera, Mothra, etc could understand human speech, but could any other standard kaiju?
Any of the monsters raised by or near humans can probably understand humans or at least the native language. Examples of such being Kong, Daigoro, Zilla, and Sanda. Some other Kaiju have shown some recognition for human words as well like some Ultra Kaiju in certain circumstances, which includes various Gomora or Red King, though the latter is more due to being a Reionyx monster. Showa Godzilla can understand humans, as does Minilla. Heisei might understand somewhat depending on how you view various scenes with him and humans. Junior more than likely can understand humans due to Yuki and Miki’s constant meetings with him.

Guardian Kaiju probably understand some words at minimum. King Caesar listened to an entire song to wake up, and Megalon takes orders from Antonio. Gigan takes orders as well from his masters, as does many other mind controlled Kaiju. Mothra can understand and has translators in the form of telepathic fairies. The Yog Trio are a maybe, since they have Yog inside them who understands and can communicate with humans.

The Skullcrawlers probably don’t understand what they say, but the meaning behind certain vocal patterns more than likely is something they do understand, as they killed Gunpei that way by vocalizing an Iwi Child in trouble. Orga understands it. He read the entire internet while in the spaceship. The Gryphon gain the entire intelligence of any human brain it eats, so technically it can communicate through other means if it wanted to or learn military secrets. Biollante is part human with a human soul so she understands.

As for the rest, they are either too animalistic or would require a translator like the Shobijin or a Psychic to understand them.
Dunkeeni wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:28 am Ok last question for real.
Is 2003 Mothra's death able to allow MV Godzilla to go Burning
No. She doesn’t imbue any spiritual energy or any sort of energy transference on her death. She explodes and releases scales certainly, but energy transference is not one of her powers.
Last edited by Nagoda on Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
_______

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Can MV Godzilla transform into his Burning State without Mothra dying. Like how in Gamera vs. Everyone he just transforms out of anger.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Dunkeeni wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:57 am Can MV Godzilla transform into his Burning State without Mothra dying. Like how in Gamera vs. Everyone he just transforms out of anger.
He kinda does in Match 337 and that got accepted (though there was a radiation overload involved).
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:00 am
Dunkeeni wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:57 am Can MV Godzilla transform into his Burning State without Mothra dying. Like how in Gamera vs. Everyone he just transforms out of anger.
He kinda does in Match 337 and that got accepted (though there was a radiation overload involved).
Hmm, could he perhaps transform from Anguirus 2001 dying and giving him energy? (kinda like how Mothra's energy went into Ghidorah after her death)

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Dunkeeni wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:02 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:00 am
Hmm, could he perhaps transform from Anguirus 2001 dying and giving him energy? (kinda like how Mothra's energy went into Ghidorah after her death)
I would assume so.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Yeah, transforming without Mothra is fine. I’d personally say it shouldn’t be nearly as painless as in KOTM for Godzilla if he transforms without Mothra, but that’s entirely me and not a hard rule that needs to be followed.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Rodan gave him his energy to trigger Burning Godzilla. Originally Burning Godzilla wasn’t in Gamera vs Everyone and instead had Critical Mass in place of it for both Gamera and Godzilla. Then KOTM came out with Burning Godzilla and things shifted. Also you could probably have anyone who can transfer their energy create Burning MV Godzilla. So long as he gets enough energy to overload his body to achieve the critical state, like a nuclear explosion, you should be fine.
_______

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Can Shin Godzilla's second and third forms be depicted as having eyelids?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:45 am Can Shin Godzilla's second and third forms be depicted as having eyelids?
I'd say no, since there's never a point where we see them having membranes of any kind.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Can Kiryu's oral maser cannon be written to slowly power King Kong (Showa) up? Like, maybe it starts out hurting him really bad, but then the more Mecha G blasts him with it, the more it starts to energize Kong?

Especially considering his maser isn't an explosive projectile weapon?

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Can Salunga change his size? because the KWCE's card for him says he can.

Added in 21 seconds:
To a reasonable size, of course.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:21 pm Can Kiryu's oral maser cannon be written to slowly power King Kong (Showa) up? Like, maybe it starts out hurting him really bad, but then the more Mecha G blasts him with it, the more it starts to energize Kong?

Maybe? It isn’t electricity though, but weaponized Microwave Rays, which is why it weakens in the rain. Microwave radiation heats up water molecules which is how microwave ovens work, which due to the rain draws out and weakens the output of a maser as it goes through each droplet of water.
_______

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Nagoda wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:39 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:21 pm Can Kiryu's oral maser cannon be written to slowly power King Kong (Showa) up? Like, maybe it starts out hurting him really bad, but then the more Mecha G blasts him with it, the more it starts to energize Kong?

Maybe? It isn’t electricity though, but weaponized Microwave Rays, which is why it weakens in the rain. Microwave radiation heats up water molecules which is how microwave ovens work, which due to the rain draws out and weakens the output of a maser as it goes through each droplet of water.
Wait wait wait, weaponized microwave rays?

Is this from some expanded media?
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.