Your first Godzilla related toy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Dogbert
Monsterland Worker

Re: Your first Godzilla related toy?

Post by Dogbert »

My first was a 2004 godzilla bandai.
I calculated the odds of this succeeding vs the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and I went ahead and did it anyways.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

My first toy was the Godzilla figure that came in the HG Toys "Tricephalon Monster" playset, and it's still one of my favorites. Notice that it borrows the design of the Aurora model kit:
Resized Image

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

I had a Trendmasters 6-8 inch GINO action figure since I was three. In terms of the Japanese Godzilla, my first figure was the Movie Monsters Spacegodzilla.

Bluezilla 65
Interpol Agent

Post by Bluezilla 65 »

Aurora Glow in the Dark Godzilla followed by a bunch of handmade cut the plates of a stegosaurus glue them to the back of a tyrannosaurs little plastic Godzillas.
Went quite well with the little plastic gorillas.

schvanzbass
Interpol Agent

Post by schvanzbass »

As far back as I can remember I have always owned the Imperial figure that has been posted. I also have a purple Godzilla figure that is somewhere between the 10 and 12 inch range? His spines are more generic in shape and weren't the classic spine color, matching the purple skin tone of the rest of the figure. Hell, it may be a bootleg (Google image search for "Purple Godzilla Toy" yielded no matches), but it got lots of love while I was growing up. It was given to me when I was 4 or 5, already used and missing half a hand and one toe. I'll try to do more research and find a picture of it. I can't post one of the figure I own because he is in storage :(

Besides that, I picked up a few Trendmaster figures in the 90's. I had the roaring Godzilla, roaring Mecha King Ghidorah, a roaring Mecha Godzilla, Garuda, a non roaring Mothra, and a Godzilla head that opened up to reveal San Fransisco with the big G and KG inside to duke it out.

*EDIT* I just remembered that in my storage I have a Gigan figure rip-off figure that is about 10-12 inches tall. He has two eyes and two fingered hands. I won him out of a claw machine game at Wal-Mart when I was about...11? Maybe 12.
I'm gonna start doing horror/sci-fi/kaiju/exploitation film reviews, check it out won't you?

http://www.facebook.com/michaeljayreviews

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

imperial 6". Got it in 1987 I think

jrpzillafan
Young Farmer

Post by jrpzillafan »

Bandai Creations Godzilla 1954(2002 version)

Bigun750
Yojimbo

Post by Bigun750 »

My first was the Godzilla Wars power-up snap on armor Godzilla. I had the Rodan shortly afterwards. I still have them both, though they have a number of childhood battlescars on them. I plan to keep them until I'm dead.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

These 2:

I got them both at the same time, then I came back the next day for more. lol

Undertaker Goji
Monarch Researcher

Post by Undertaker Goji »

I remember distinctly having one of those big Imperial Godzilla figures as a kid. I still have one in my room. I also remember always getting Godzilla vinyls for Christmas. To this day, the 6 inch Movie Monster Burning Godzilla and 8 inch GMK Godzilla are two of my favorites.
"You can call this the new world order of professional wrestling brother!"
-Hulk Hogan, WCW Bash at the Beach 1996
Godzilla21 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Wow. The last few pages have been interesting. Ranging from Mssr. French calling people who missed out on a piece & those who bought a re-paint 'dumb skreeonks' to GTU suggesting commando hit squads should take out scalpers. What a day... :lol:
Welcome to another day in the TK SHMA thread.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I MAY have had one of the Imperials as a little kid. I don't remember.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

My brother had this but I eventually took it once I became a fan

Then my brother got the Power Blast and I got the Chomping Baby, but eventually both were mine.

So, technically the Baby Godzilla was my first, but there were others in my household. None of these survived.

endsjustify
Yojimbo

Post by endsjustify »

My G first toy was when I was a wee thing back in 1979. My dad bought my the Shogun Warriors Godzilla from the local Best. I still have it to this day, though his left arm now likes to fall off if moved to far up and he's missing the push tab for his tongue and the button for his fist attack. Still have the fist though!
Stacker Pentecost is my co-pilot.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

I remember when I first opened this set when I was little. I still have this set and it's still a very neat set. Is it rare these days?
^This post in sexually offensive.

endsjustify
Yojimbo

Post by endsjustify »

not at all. You should just sell it to me for $5.

;)

j/k It's a sweet set, I've wanted one for a while but I'm not willing to pay what they're actually going for.

Zillamon51
GPN Volunteer

Post by Zillamon51 »

My first was the Shogun Warriors Godzilla. Still have him, in relatively good shape, except the handle for the "flame tongue" has long since snapped off. I also had Rodan and two of the robots, but they are long gone. :( Some other survivors from this era of my childhood are: The Godzilla game (a motorized Godzilla pops out of the game board to snatch up your spaceship), the "Godzilla vs. the Tricephalon Monster" playset, a bendable rubber figure (a good sculpt of the 1966 / '68 Godzilla), and the Ben Cooper rubber "Godzilla" (just a green-painted dinosaur, really).

Yeah, I'm old. :(

endsjustify
Yojimbo

Post by endsjustify »

I had that rodan as well, but I broke the tabs on his back plate once when I was replacing the rubber band that gripped his wings. My dad assumed it was trash at that point and through it away. The horror!

Also had a Mazinger Z from the shogun set, or a robot that looked just like him.

Not directly G related, but definitely Kaiju… I also had Krusher (http://www.bigredtoybox.com/articles/images/krusher.jpg), though I used to refer to him as squish monster. Wish I still had all those, glad big G is till hanging on though.

ThunderScore
Monarch Researcher

Post by ThunderScore »

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

BC 12 inch FW Godzilla. I got it when it first came out.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

6 inch GINO figure that I no longer have. After that, it was a Trendmaster 5 inch Roaring Godzilla figure that I got from a friend (unfortunately, he broke one day and I couldn't fix him, but I've since been able to get a replacement).
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."