Your first Godzilla related toy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Creature22
EDF Instructor

Re: Your first Godzilla related toy?

Post by Creature22 »

I got started with Trendmasters figures. I think my first was either the little roaring Godzilla or the battle pack with him and Ghidorah. I had (still have) the roaring Mothra, the big Mechagodzilla and the big Godzilla among a few others as well. Then there were the American Godzilla toys which I had a variety of different toys and knick knacks for.

Cinematic Kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by Cinematic Kaiju »

Imperial! proof...

"The only sensible way to live in this world is WITHOUT rules."
-The Joker
Heath Ledger

23Rodan
Samurai

Post by 23Rodan »

A 4inch trendmaster godzilla

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

My first real taste of actual Godzilla toys (disregarding GINO merch.) was the Godzilla vs. Orga Sound Battlers. Got them when I was nine years old and they've taken serious abuse in my youth. I've been considering on replacing them with a new set that is to remain in mint condition... for nostalgic's sake!

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

My first G-toy was a knockoff that I convinced my parents to be me at an in door flea market. Oh the fun times I had with that thing1 I wish I could somehow get it out of storage. but my first real Godzilla related toy was the Bandai Fire Mothra.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

RudyC
Ronin

Post by RudyC »

this
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4136/482 ... bdbb09.jpg

my dad found it in someone yard...he is a landscaper.

here is a sealed version
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2295/222 ... 7bb1_m.jpg

ArchdukeCaligula
Monsterland Worker

Post by ArchdukeCaligula »

I think my first Godzilla toy I had was a Dormei Godzilla. Though I remember getting the first four Bandai Creations Godzilla figures
Last edited by ArchdukeCaligula on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
HayesAJones wrote:
ArchdukeCaligula wrote:The Giant Behemoth(does that thing have a name)
He answers to Franklin.
JAGzilla wrote:^ What... the skreeonk… has gone wrong in your life that this level of hatred is directed at a cartoon three-year-old? :lol:

DrBreakfastMachine
Interpol Agent

Post by DrBreakfastMachine »

My first Godzilla toys were a pair of knockoff Imperial Godzillas and some Trendmasters toys, namely Godzilla, Mechagodzilla, Mothra, Mechagodzilla, Ghidorah, and Mecha-Ghidorah. Every single Trendmasters toy I had was an awful piece of crap but the knockoff Imperials are still proudly on display.

Man of Steel
Gotengo Officer

Post by Man of Steel »

My first Godzilla figure was very recent, about a year and a half ago, and it was the Final Wars 8" Godzilla figure. I love it.
"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe
that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every
moment - because they'll never come again."
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: Generations)

:godzilla: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla:
GO AND FOLLOW MY TUMBLR
http://trexgoesroar.tumblr.com

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

I still don't think the figure is as terrible as people say, but maybe that's just the nostalgia blinding me...
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Imperial 6" Godzilla of course. Took forever before I convinced my mom to get me the big one. My first non Imperial figure was the Trendmasters bendy Ghidorah.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

tymon wrote:Image
I still don't think the figure is as terrible as people say, but maybe that's just the nostalgia blinding me...
I rather like that figure. True, it was my first as well, but I actually went out of my way to find a replacement and really love the sculpt, particularly the detail on the head.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Yamakatsu Angilas. At the time, I just thought it was an ankylosaurus; I had no concept of the fella's true identity.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

com_mugAL
Yojimbo

Post by com_mugAL »

X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X
Last edited by com_mugAL on Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bazookara
Ronin

Post by Bazookara »

The first one I ever I got was the large Imperial Godzilla back when I was about 5 or 6. Pretty sure it came from the swap meet, and I took it with me everywhere. I got my first Japanese figure when I was 7 or 8. My dad took me to the Pony Toy Go Round at the Costa Mesa Yaohan and I got the 8" Gigan (A pretty lousy figure in retrospect). It was probably a huge mistake by my parents because from that point on I was obsessed and I begged them to take me back constantly.

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

My first Godzilla toy(S) was the Bandai creation Pack of Destruction

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

After the Ghidorah/Rodan models, I think the Shogun Warriors Goji was my first ACTUAL Godzilla.

Heath
Yojimbo

Post by Heath »

Waaaay back in the day, my first Godzilla toy was the old Godzilla Shogun Warrior toy. It was about 2" tall or so I believe. I loved that thing so much.

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

Imperial 12 inch Godzilla. I had lots of fun with that toy when I was little. I had him fight lots of toy dinosaurs and alligators back in the day. Good memories.
"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
Space Hunter M wrote:Ah, you and your corns. Great. When you and the MUTO meet, be sure you tell him all about your corn problems.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Not counting knockoffs, and whatever that thing I have in my room is supposed to be, my first Godzilla related merchandise was some hatching baby Zilla from GINO that wasn't all that large and wasn't electronic. It might have been from a kid's meal.
My first official Godzilla that had nothing to do with GINO was a Bandai Creations Godzilla 1954. I still have the 1954 Godzilla, it is, unfortunately, missing a finger. My second vinyl, 2004 Godzilla, was a lot of fun and caused a running joke with me.
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a