Super Godzilla Returns [Fan Game / Remake / Sequel]

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Re: Super Godzilla Returns [10-11-15] (Episode 1 Released!)

Post by Kaijunator »

By any chance would this work on any of the Windows 8 and Windows 10?
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Post by Burninggodzillalord »

Kaijunator wrote:By any chance would this work on any of the Windows 8 and Windows 10?
Yes, it is compatible with 8 and 10.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Quick bug report: I was at the top-right area of Osaka, heading for King Ghidorah. I decided to take the water route and fight the three military forces there. After I fought one tank, I immediately turned and fought another... and the in-battle sprite became the overworld sprite! It went back to normal after walking to another nearby battle, though.

Edit - This also occurs if you Run from a battle, but immediately enter it again.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

GigaBowserG wrote:Quick bug report: I was at the top-right area of Osaka, heading for King Ghidorah. I decided to take the water route and fight the three military forces there. After I fought one tank, I immediately turned and fought another... and the in-battle sprite became the overworld sprite! It went back to normal after walking to another nearby battle, though.

Edit - This also occurs if you Run from a battle, but immediately enter it again.
Yes, unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about that. It only happens when immediately running into a battle without a moments breather time. My advice is to slow down and chill.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Not a big deal, fortunately it looks like it doesn't happen with boss battles, which is what I was more worried about.

Hot dang this release's way tougher than the demo for sure. Really enjoying the challenge.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

GigaBowserG wrote:Not a big deal, fortunately it looks like it doesn't happen with boss battles, which is what I was more worried about.

Hot dang this release's way tougher than the demo for sure. Really enjoying the challenge.
Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself (Aside the everlasting problems plaguing this project)!

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Speaking of everlasting problems! Unfortunately I had to do a day-two patch! Yipee. Nothing big to fix, but I hate having to pump out versions left and right. Anyways Version K is now available. If you downloaded Version J (The one from Yesterday), you can download the Patch only, slicing the download size by 2/3rds. Follow the directions on the OP for that.

This fix specifically is for a sequence break right after Mecha-King Ghidorah that causes the events leading to Bagan not work. Like at all. Making you stuck at Tokyo 1 with MKG until you die. You'd still be able to progress to Bagan's stage, after you get killed and getting a Game Over. Thanks to Kaiju Fan for pointing this one out.

Compatible with your current save (Except if you saved right after the Mecha-King Ghidorah fight you'll still get this problem for that one occurrence...)

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Burninggodzillalord wrote:This fix specifically is for a sequence break right after Mecha-King Ghidorah that causes the events leading to Bagan not work. Like at all. Making you stuck at Tokyo 1 with MKG until you die. You'd still be able to progress to Bagan's stage, after you get killed and getting a Game Over. Thanks to Kaiju Fan for pointing this one out.
I was just about to come in here and mention it :lol: Gonna download ASAP.

Aw. Looks like you cannot view the Bagan-Tokyo destruction sequence if you take the SuperG-MKG route?
/crawls back under rock

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

GigaBowserG wrote:Aw. Looks like you cannot view the Bagan-Tokyo destruction sequence if you take the SuperG-MKG route?
If you use Super Godzilla against MKG the event where Bagan destroys Tokyo should still happen. Is this a current issue or am I just not understanding correctly?

Oh, Maybe you mean this: if you have already completed Tokyo 1 the events beginning with Bagan don't happen any- UGH THAT'S ANOTHER ISSUE.

...Working on Patch L now. :\

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Re: Super Godzilla Returns [10-12-15] (Episode 1 Patch L!)

Patch L released!

An overlooked detail for those who encountered the error in Version J, Version K was an "Incomplete Patch". Now, gone from existence. Version L is your man! Fully fixed the issues in question. Also fixed a visual error during the Results involving how many UFOs it said you destroyed, but didn't.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Beautiful. Sequence works just fine now. Now to try and S rank some of those stages...
/crawls back under rock

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

GigaBowserG wrote:Beautiful. Sequence works just fine now. Now to try and S rank some of those stages...
Good luck. It's not an easy feat.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Another quick bug report(s):
Spoiler:
* Whenever the 2nd Battra transforms, it crashes the game. Says it's unable to find "Audio/BGM/Boss Demo"

* And, err, I entered in the "Green&Mean" code. But after defeating MKG as SuperG, any time Green&Mean Godzilla enters a battle in any area he becomes... well, this:

It plays just fine, but it's a persistent graphical glitch. Tried rebooting the game, but it remained.
/crawls back under rock

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Re: Super Godzilla Returns [10-12-15] (Episode 1 Patch M!)

GigaBowserG wrote:Another quick bug report(s):

I'd like to sincerely apologize to everyone for this awful excuse of a release day (Day-Two to be specific). Seems I can't ever get a release day going without 4 or 5 updates that day... Ugh. I'll take more testing time for future episodes to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen again. Or try to. GOTTA IRON OUT DEM KINKS.

Anyways, Patch and Version M are available fixing both of these issues.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

No worries :) Just glad these are being caught early, and maybe give some ideas as to what could be looked into for future releases.

...On an unrelated note, MKG is the toughest boss fight of all time.
/crawls back under rock

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

EDIT: Patch N released! This patch fixes the following issues:

*Fixed error involving New Games using Patch M to have Godzilla appear Green in the overworld but nowhere else.
*Fixed an endless loop error when being defeated by Bagan and using a Continue.
*Removed Continues from the Shop as they can be used to easily grind money.
*Attempted a fix on UFO Results numbers not matching up.

Thanks to my friend Linkzilla for finding these.

Ice Man
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Super Godzilla Returns [10-12-15] (Episode 1 Patch N!)

Post by Ice Man »

Question is the second Battra in Yokohama meant to be Grey and Green?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Ice Man wrote:Question is the second Battra in Yokohama meant to be Grey and Green?
The sprite has some brighter white, but the darker gray sticks out a bit more.
/crawls back under rock

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Ice Man wrote:Question is the second Battra in Yokohama meant to be Grey and Green?
If it wasn't supposed to be that color then it wouldn't be that color lol

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Also, curious...
Burninggodzillalord wrote:*Removed Continues from the Shop as they can be used to easily grind money.
I can no longer sell Continues, which is probably expected. But I can purchase Continues for 0 credits (up to 10). Is this intentional?
/crawls back under rock