Super Godzilla Returns [Fan Game / Remake / Sequel]

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Re: Super Godzilla Returns [10-12-15] (Episode 1 Patch M!)

Post by Burninggodzillalord »

GigaBowserG wrote:I can no longer sell Continues, which is probably expected. But I can purchase Continues for 0 credits (up to 10). Is this intentional?
If you booted from a save that was at the Island Base right after Update N, you would be able to do this yes. But upon leaving and re-entering the Island Base Menu, it should be gone then. This is just a brief "negative" effect.

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Re: Super Godzilla Returns [10-12-15] (Episode 1 Patch N!)

Happy Week-iversary to Super Godzilla Returns Episode 1! It's been almost a whole week (6 days) since the game was launched. I only had to update the public version 4 times and haven't had to update it in 4 days so that either means nobody is playing it anymore or there have been no new bugs discovered!

Anyways the point to this post: I'm revealing a new Password! This one, like the previous, is Cosmetic to Godzilla only, but this one is more extensive than a recolor:

Tired of the game looking like frikin Pokemon except that you play as Godzilla instead of the trainer? Tired of it looking like final fantasy wen you are fighting a enemy? Too busy with your nostalgia shades on to accept change? Well this code can at least help you with the first one and third of those things! Use the code "N0sTaLG1A" to find out what happens! (Case Sensitive)

This code is available on all versions but recommended to be used on the latest patch (N). No download required since you already did!

I have one more password currently implemented into the game. I don't know when I'll release that but keep your eyes peeled for that.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

^ Still playing off and on; only managed to S-rank Ghidorah's area so far. Trying to figure out how to unlock the other "?" box...

Before I get carried away, is it alright if I make videos showing the passwords you've revealed here so far?
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

GigaBowserG wrote:^ Still playing off and on; only managed to S-rank Ghidorah's area so far. Trying to figure out how to unlock the other "?" box...

Before I get carried away, is it alright if I make videos showing the passwords you've revealed here so far?
1. Yeah.

Also you can't unlock the 3rd Logbook entry right now.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Still playing! Biollante is just not fair though so I've had to take a break for a little too very work done and stuff.

Hopefully I can best her soon and go on to curbstomp they other enemies
Resized Image

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Beef Bigshot wrote:Still playing! Biollante is just not fair though so I've had to take a break for a little too very work done and stuff.

Hopefully I can best her soon and go on to curbstomp they other enemies
It's all random so eventually you'll get a more easygoing attempt.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Spoiler:
Possible bug?:

Tested out the N0sTaLG1A code, defeated the Bagan cocoon. After I walked to the cocoon to initiate the Godzilla-vs-Bagan fight, the overworld sprite momentarily changed back to the default black Godzilla sprite. It remains like that until the Super-X arrives and transforms you into Super Godzilla, then it will go back to the Nostalgia overworld sprite. This also happens with the Green&Mean overworld sprite. Right when Miss Yano says "Something changed in the energy body!"
Despite reverting back to the default overworld look, the in-battle sprite remain the respective Nostalgia/Green&Mean Godzilla sprites.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

GigaBowserG wrote:...
Thanks for pointing this bug out. I have fixed this issue and will be available in the next update.

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

I also noticed a graphical oversight on your Biollante episode playthrough, GigaBowserG. During the after-Biollante cut-scene Godzilla changes from Black to Green. This has been fixed for the next update also.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Oh, I didn't even notice. I was just happy to finally defeat Biollante after like 3 tries :lol:
/crawls back under rock

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

GigaBowserG wrote:Oh, I didn't even notice. I was just happy to finally defeat Biollante after like 3 tries :lol:
Yeah she's retardedly difficult. Just like in the original.

Ice Man
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Ice Man »

Surprisingly I didn't have any trouble with her and unlike in the original where she wrecked me.

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

I guess I'll give out the last Password that is implemented into Episode 1. This one is the "Joke Password" unlike the other passwords. This one is also a skin.

There are two ways of doing this,
1. Start a new game with the chosen name being "I R BGL". Your hint at it being correct is it'll ask if "BGL" is okay, and the name is orange instead of the regular Blue.
2. Enter the password "B00ty" (Case Sensitive) from an existing game to toggle this on or off.
Last edited by Burninggodzillalord on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Burninggodzillalord wrote:2. Enter the password "b00ty" from an existing game to toggle this on or off.
Heh, it looks like the password system is case-sensitive. It's actually "B00ty" :P
Spoiler:
Legit laughed when I saw (and heard) the stuff for winning a stage. The Super Godzilla form looks pretty wicked, too.
/crawls back under rock

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

GigaBowserG wrote:Heh, it looks like the password system is case-sensitive. It's actually "B00ty" :P
Corrected.
GigaBowserG wrote:...
Exactly the response I hoped for with this code.

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

Spoiler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yr5zV7X8yk

I'm going to be honest, the Blue Dot acting as Godzilla's sprite on the over-world map is genius.
Sometimes it's just the little details that get me.
Good job man.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

MrGameguycolor wrote:...
Good job man.
Thanks man

Also for those who don't pay attention to my Deviantart, I will be taking a mini-hiatus on this to work on my other fangame project(s). If you're curious on my schedule, go here: http://orig13.deviantart.net/9cc7/f/201 ... 8f2uzq.png

I can't say how long it will take before I begin Episode 2, but I can at least say it shouldn't take a whole year before I begin Episode 2.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Burninggodzillalord wrote:
I can't say how long it will take before I begin Episode 2, but I can at least say it shouldn't take a whole year before I begin Episode 2.
HAHAHAHA

*concerned look on face
Resized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Quite the progress you're showing.

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Man it feels longer but the game has been released for only 4 months!

Anyways, this is just a quick reminder to everyone that this game is not forgotten, cancelled, etc. etc. I have no idea how long it will be until I get back to this, but I will keep updates whenever there is anything worthwhile to mention.

I hit a hitch with my other project causing me to start over with it. I ended up getting myself putting more work into that one. Anyways, Super Godzilla Returns Episode 2: Invasion is planned to be worked on after a month-break once I finish the other project, Neo Genesis RPG (Check my Deviantart for that project if you're interested, if not go check out my other RPG game, Godzilla Monster World [Beta Demo] - It's very outdated to what I have in mind for the final product, but it's like 4 hours of gameplay so it's something to do) Links for those are in my sig below.

Anyone wondering what my game plan schedule is it's right here: http://orig13.deviantart.net/592d/f/201 ... 8f2uzq.png