Any Friday the 13th fans here?

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Re: Any Friday the 13th fans here?

Post by gvamp »

Friday is my favorite slasher series and I don't own any of the movies yet so this set is a no brainer for me. I've already preordered it. I kinda wish Shout didn't charge you right away for it but oh well.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Can I bring up a discussion about the 2009 film?

I know it was very clearly meant to be a reboot...but does anyone else find it kind of funny/interesting that you could VERY easily treat it as a new sequel to the first 2 movies?

Someone made an interesting point to me once that you can basically go from Part 3 to "The Final Friday" with very little issue....

...But I think what works better is going from Part 2 to the 2009 film....it very conveniently skips over all of the various more 'outlandish' shenanigans of the various sequels...keeping it in that more grounded realm.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Chrispy_G wrote:Can I bring up a discussion about the 2009 film?

I know it was very clearly meant to be a reboot...but does anyone else find it kind of funny/interesting that you could VERY easily treat it as a new sequel to the first 2 movies?

Someone made an interesting point to me once that you can basically go from Part 3 to "The Final Friday" with very little issue....

...But I think what works better is going from Part 2 to the 2009 film....it very conveniently skips over all of the various more 'outlandish' shenanigans of the various sequels...keeping it in that more grounded realm.
Sure, but then you end up skipping some fun, idiosyncratic movies just to get to a really bland one.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The charm of F13 comes from how outlandish it gets. The first movie is one of the least enjoyable in the series and it hits its peak with Part 6, a movie where Jason is resurrected like a 50's B-movie monster and it's great.

If you want a grounded and realistic slasher movie, you should look towards Texas Chainsaw Massacre's direction. F13 thrives on its absurdity.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I can enjoy the ridiculous entries, and I loved them when I was a teen, but it isn't like the franchise wasn't going along perfectly well for 4-5 entries before going wild. It was always a little hyper-real, but I've never felt that the bread and butter of the franchise was in its absurdity.

I certainly don't think that because 6-10 had wacky spins on the plot that it HAS to be the status quo. I thought the 09 film was a really good return to the basics.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

F13 09 was exactly what a F13 reboot should've been.

Then introduce B-movie Monster Jason from there going forward.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I enjoy part 7 alot personally.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

The removed gore from that film is incredible, great death effects.

I think it is a terrible shame that so much of that material is essentially 'lost', or that properly restored, even partially, uncut versions of these films seem like they will pretty much never happen.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Back in 1988, the horror flick WAXWORK featured a wax museum which exhibited some of the greatest villains throughout history. Historical, and even as some in the flick's world thought, from fiction. Dracula. Frankenstein's Monster. Zombies. Jack The Ripper. The Marquis De Sade. And the Phantom of the Opera.
However, early on in the script written by the flick's writer/director, Anthony Hickox, the Phantom wasn't originally the exhibit that caught the attention of one the Waxwork's hapless victim. It was a wax statue of Jason Voorhees wearing his hockey mask. However, Vestron,and Hickcox couldn't get the rights to use Jason in film. So in the finished film, it was the Phantom instead of Ma Voorhees' Very Special Boy. But, Jason did put in an appearance in the WAXWORK comic adaptation in the story's beginning, and the exhibit scene mentioned. Also in the flick's finale where the various subjects of the exhibits come to life.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/editorial ... r-waxwork/
Also check out the review of the flick which also discusses the Jason/Phantom scene.

Also back in 2009, in the third season of SUPERNATURAL. In an episode where on the course of a case. The Winchesters got involved in a case dealing with a bunch of people being rendered catatonic by someone invading their dreams. In the episode's third act, Dean and Sam also go into the dreams of their friend, and mentor , Bobby Singer, to rescue him from the episode's dream stalker. With Jared Palecki(Sam) set to star in the upcoming FRIDAY THE 13th, the producers wanted to have him encounter Jason during his dreamtime walkabout. They also wanted to film it, or at least make it look like one of the early F13 films with how it was filmed to add to feel of the first half of the franchise. But there were some rights issues once again, despite the new F13 movie being produced by the same studio as the show. There were too many legal issues, bullcrap to sort through before the episode was filmed ,and set to debut. So Sam encounters some rather generic creature, slasher-esque foe in his dream walk.

Added in 18 days 20 hours 8 minutes 48 seconds:
A follow-up, prequel, to the fan favorite fan flick, NEVER HIKE ALONE:A Friday The 13th Fan Film ! will be coming out October 13, 2020 from writer/director Vincente Disanti. The new flick, set three months prior to NEVER HIKE ALONE !. Will feature Jason in the setting that fans have been chomping at the bit to see for quite awhile. The winter.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/362 ... w-trailer/
The story of NEVER HIKE IN THE SNOW:A Friday The 13th Fan Film !
involves the mysterious disappearance of hiker Mark Hill. Sheriff Rick Cologne( Vincent Guastaferro) and Deputy Allen Mabrey(Bryan Forrest) search for the lad and answers. Local resident, Tommy Jarvis(Thom Matthews), believes it's Jason back ,and up to his old habits yet again. With Hill another body on the pile of Jason victims.
Also in the works from Whomp Stomp Films and Vincent Disanti are three follow ups to NEVER HIKE ALONE ! continuing the gory good times. NEVER HIKE ALONE II:Never Hike Again !. NEVER HIKE ALONE ! III:Jason Takes Crystal Lake !
And NEVER HIKE ALONE IV:The Last Hike !.

Added in 29 days 18 hours 57 minutes 44 seconds:
Tom Mcloughlin. Director and writer of FRIDAY THE 13th:PART VI:Jason Lives ! .Talks about his pitch for the follow up entry to JASON LIVES !, and talks about the story he has in mind for "Jason Never Dies !", and even shares some concept to the project.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/interview ... ever-dies/
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

Before he became a homicidal maniac Jason was the goalie for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The One and Only
Futurian

A look at the 2015 FRIDAY THE 13TH from screenwriter Nick Antosca, with THE CRAZIES director Breck Eisner helming. That almost happened from Paramount. But ended up getting torpedoed due THE RINGS reboot tanking at the box office.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

Big fan of the Friday the 13th series, arguably my third favorite Horror franchise after the Universal Monster movies and the Evil Dead series. I watched through all the films for the second time last year with a friend who's a huge Jason fan and I was surprised by how many of them held up so well. Parts 2, 4, 6, 7, and the remake are my favorites out of the official films and the fan made Never Hike Alone was awesome as well. Anyone else play the game on here? Been playing a lot of it with my girlfriend and two friends on the Switch lately.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

The One and Only
Futurian

JoBlo.com presents Playing With Fear. A look at the 1989 NES FRIDAY THE 13th video game.

The One and Only
Futurian

The One and Only
Futurian

Video on the history of 1986's FRIDAY THE 13TH VI:Jason Lives !.

Also Whomp Stomp Films, the blokes behind the much loved fan film, NEVER HIKE ALONE !:A Friday The 13th Fan Film. Has begun fund raising for their next installment, NEVER HIKE ALONE ! 2.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/370 ... w-funding/

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

RIP Evan.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:05 pm HE'S BACK FUCKERS

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch-SvR9pRnY/
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:05 pm HE'S BACK skreeonkers

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

The One and Only
Futurian

Some recently unearthed behind the scenes pictures from FRIDAY THE 13TH 3D from the film's director of photography, Makoa Koiwai.
https://www.joblo.com/friday-the-13th-p ... es-images/

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:15 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:05 pm HE'S BACK skreeonkers

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Cant see the post anymore whats going on?