Addressing the discussion of ROMs

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Addressing the discussion of ROMs

Post by Arbok »

The discussion of ROMs is permitted at the Toho Kingdom forums on one condition: that the method of obtaining them is not revealed. This includes store/website names, URLs, and personal contact information on trading. This can be done over PMs if one so chooses, but should not be posted on this board or others on the site.

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a warning. Repeat offenders will be banned.

The staff thanks you for your compliance with these rules.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Addressing the discussion of ROMs

Post by LegendZilla »

Thanks for the rules, but I have a question.

May we discuss problems we may experience with getting them to work? I've recently attempted to run Battle Legends many times but it keeps on showing a screen that says I need ver.3.00 of the emulator, even though the emulator itself says that it is.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Living Corpse wrote:Only in PMs Just ask someone if they know how to get it to work and to send you a PM.
PMs? I'm new here so I don't get the reference.

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

LegendZilla wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Only in PMs Just ask someone if they know how to get it to work and to send you a PM.
PMs? I'm new here so I don't get the reference.
Private message. Look at the bottom left of someone's post for th "PM" button to talk privately.

Baragon98
Interpol Agent

Post by Baragon98 »

Execuse me,but when you say ROMs you are talking about Toho Kingdon's games?
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Jiragozira14
Interpol Agent

Post by Jiragozira14 »

Baragon98 wrote:Execuse me,but when you say ROMs you are talking about Toho Kingdon's games?
A Read-Only Memory Image (mostly shortened to just ROM) file is essentially what the system reads to play the game off it's cart. ROMs can only run on emulators for the system they were made for (or that are multi-system); like how a Super Godzilla ROM runs on SNES/SNES-compatible emulators, a Godzilla Generations ROM only runs on Dreamcast/Dreamcast-compatible emulators or a Sonic The Hedgehog 2 ROM only runs on Genesis/Genesis-compatible (or Game Gear/Game Gear-compatible, if you're playing the notoriously difficult Game Gear version) emulators. An ISO image can be the equivalent to ROM dumps for systems that use disks (such as the Dreamcast or PS2).

TK's own games are not ROMs in the literal sense; they aren't catridge-based and they run from .EXE files, not the way a ROM image is read. TK's games are more like a Flash-developed freeware game than a ROM-based cart, I could guess.
Chris55 wrote:
JVM wrote:Bagan should come back, but not in a movie.
Then how? Game? Books? His own line of condoms?
Shigeru Miyamoto wrote:So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well.
Mr. X wrote:If you say so. If he does end up being under $140, I'll buy one for every person in this thread.

RodanStomps
Monsterland Worker

Post by RodanStomps »

Question, if I just say that I downloaded a rom, would that be ok?

THECRAZEBLING
G-Force Personnel

Post by THECRAZEBLING »

RodanStomps wrote:Question, if I just say that I downloaded a rom, would that be ok?
If you are really desperate to get one if you don't have the cartridge and system, like NES or SNES(and not wanting to blow your money on buying overpriced NES games on eBay), the I guess you could say that.
My YouTube
Jiragozira14 wrote:Bagan is never. getting. a. toy.
"...that one didn't age quite so well."

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Will this thread be willing to discuss how to operate emulators too? If so. I just downloaded MAME and I just learned how to save/load your state. The save mechanism is working just fine when I do as instructed, but loading is a different story. I am playing the Ultraman Arcade game and so far I've only been able to load once. Any tips ladies and gentlemen?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Pardon the double-post, but is there any experts on ROM/emulator downloading that I can send a pm too?

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

LegendZilla wrote:Pardon the double-post, but is there any experts on ROM/emulator downloading that I can send a pm too?
I'm not an expert, but I can help you. PM me if you still need any.
Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Okay, I'm not asking anyone to show me how to do it since Arbok decided to prohibit it on these forums, but is there any specific people here who I can send me PMs when I need advice for getting a ROM to work?

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

LegendZilla wrote:Okay, I'm not asking anyone to show me how to do it since Arbok decided to prohibit it on these forums, but is there any specific people here who I can send me PMs when I need advice for getting a ROM to work?
Again, I can help. It depends on what system you're trying to emulate.
Also, he said as long as it's in PMs you can discuss whatever you want when it comes to ROMs.
Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER