Why Does Every one like The showa series

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Why Does Every one like The showa series

Post by edgaguirus »

Some of the late Showa films are also very good IMO at least. The lower budget didn't stop the film crew from creating an enjoyable and/or exciting movie.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

edgaguirus wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:11 pm Some of the late Showa films are also very good IMO at least. The lower budget didn't stop the film crew from creating an enjoyable and/or exciting movie.
Agreed. They still put in a lot of effort to pull off some cool shots and stunts. Especially the work of Mr. Explosive (Teruyoshi Nakano).

I must add, the stories of the 70s were still creative and vibrant. All five of the latter Showa Godzilla entries have plots that while they may have similarities, the overall concepts and spices end up being idiosyncratic films.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I particularly like the vibrant colours of the 70s films, and the lighter tones. They’re just a blast.
For Emperor and Empire!