Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Dyrakro »

StardustGenius wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:10 am Something I am trying to understand is who gets into the Ultra 500 scale, and who gets into the Ultra Kaiju DX line. At times it seems random.

During the run of Ultraman Z, the last boss monster Destrudos was not made into an Ultra Kaiju DX. Kinda disappointing, since I thought he was the coolest chimera kaiju in quite a while. But following up, they make new and improved and larger scaled molds (or maybe they were extensive retools) of old boss kaiju from the Tiga/Dyna/Gaia era. Then they more or less went back to making DX scale figures (which we all know are really the old scale) of mostly new kaiju, or at least boss kaiju.
At least nowadays you can expect a 50/50 chance of getting the final kaiju of the series as a DX toy, whereas during X and especially with Orb and Geed Bandai has been releasing kaijus quite randomly as DX toys and others as 5"

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Dyrakro wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:07 am
StardustGenius wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:10 am Something I am trying to understand is who gets into the Ultra 500 scale, and who gets into the Ultra Kaiju DX line. At times it seems random.

During the run of Ultraman Z, the last boss monster Destrudos was not made into an Ultra Kaiju DX. Kinda disappointing, since I thought he was the coolest chimera kaiju in quite a while. But following up, they make new and improved and larger scaled molds (or maybe they were extensive retools) of old boss kaiju from the Tiga/Dyna/Gaia era. Then they more or less went back to making DX scale figures (which we all know are really the old scale) of mostly new kaiju, or at least boss kaiju.
At least nowadays you can expect a 50/50 chance of getting the final kaiju of the series as a DX toy, whereas during X and especially with Orb and Geed Bandai has been releasing kaijus quite randomly as DX toys and others as 5"
I don't suppose that it's too far fetched for Destrudos to get one now?

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

StardustGenius wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:11 am
I don't suppose that it's too far fetched for Destrudos to get one now?
Very unlikely imo, Bandai works in mysterious ways but so far DX releases mostly happened when the appearance of a kaiju was fresh and all new. Usually Bandai rereleases kaijus in 5" when they got a DX toy before. Never otherwise, I fear

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Time to commission a custom...

Seeing Evangelions in the MMS line is a shock, but it does make me wonder what other kind of stuff they are willing to consider. Its strange how this line is considered a "kid's line" on Bandai's website.

(Please do a reissue of Desghidorah and Godziban Bagan next please).

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I don't think they'll ever reissue Death Ghidorah. That old figure was huge.

Titanus_Rodan
Monarch Researcher

Post by Titanus_Rodan »

StardustGenius wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:24 am
Seeing Evangelions in the MMS line is a shock, but it does make me wonder what other kind of stuff they are willing to consider. Its strange how this line is considered a "kid's line" on Bandai's website.
Interesting...I'd put the MMS line on the same level as Marvel Legends...can be both for collectors and kids

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

That's the vibe I get now that you think about it. They've gone all over the place the past few years. Even getting Daimajin, and Legion, which as far as I know is a new mold. Perhaps that's the way something like Desghidorah could be made, as a smaller less detailed mold. I also think its about time those Memorial Box molds get some kind of retail release. Probably redecoed.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

The EVAs look nice enough, but they could have done more with them. The Kiryu looks very bland, and I'll probably pass on it despite being a big Kiryu fan.

Def gonna have to snag the Battra and Megaguirus, been waiting for those figures for a min.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Really hope we get an MMS of Shin Mephilas and Shin Zetton, absolutely loved them.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

onerichman
Monsterland Worker

Post by onerichman »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:24 am Really hope we get an MMS of Shin Mephilas and Shin Zetton, absolutely loved them.
A Shin Gomess would be awesome too.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

onerichman wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:19 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:24 am Really hope we get an MMS of Shin Mephilas and Shin Zetton, absolutely loved them.
A Shin Gomess would be awesome too.
All of these, please!
Shin Gomess could be a simple retool, but it would need Toho to approve of that in the first place...
Size DOES matter!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Since when would Bandai need permission from Toho to make a Gomess figure? They've done it before.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

I'm just assuming that the legal situation today may be not the same as back in the day when Tsuburaya, who was working for Toho before creating Ultra Q, could just decide to re-use an old costume. Since Toho's Shin Godzilla and Tsuburaya's Shin Ultraman officially share the same universe, Toho might as well have a say in whether a toy using one of their characters as the source material gets released. On the other hand this collaboration (sort of) could also make such things easier. Who knows...
Size DOES matter!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Tsuburaya owns the copyright of the monster Gomess. Bandai wouldn't need Toho's permission to make toys of him. Companies have been making toys of Gomess and Jirass for years without Toho's involvement.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Yeah, I think it'd be great to do MMS figures for every Shin Ultra kaiju, from the Q redoes to Imitation Ultraman. I also want the green/silver low power Shin Ultraman in form.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Varan tease from the Godzilla Fest website.
Hi!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Ok I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Hey, that pose looks pretty cool,, crawling yet still rearing up. I dig it.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Gotschiller wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:44 am Varan tease from the Godzilla Fest website.
Looks amazing, very excited for this one.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Gotschiller wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:44 am Varan tease from the Godzilla Fest website.
I need it, I need it, I need it.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image