Marusan Vinyl Appreciation Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MandaSaurus
Sazer

Re: Marusan Vinyl Appreciation Thread

Post by MandaSaurus »

Derpzilla wrote:Gotta say that Hedora looks good in black. I'd pick up a g62 but I already have a green one. Also black gloss is a dust magnet in my humble abode, as evidenced from my black mecha G XD

Also, april (think the end) the first lot of glow marusan figures should be coming out. Can't wait for my King Ghidorah preorder :D
If Heddy had his red eyes, to stand out in all that shiny jet black, it'd be a real winner...

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Kind of wish Club Tokyo would update the Marusan and other non-bandai companies who made Ultra figures or kaiju figures. Didn't know which thread to complain about club tokyo in, sorry.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Thread hasn't been updated in awhile.

Just preordered a Marusan figure today. The upcoming black variant of Marusan's B/O styled Godzilla figure. Been looking for one for ages but couldn't afford it. Just as well that I preorder an unpainted one I guess... it'll go better with my other two. :D

expandkong
G-Force Personnel

Post by expandkong »

Creature22 wrote:Thread hasn't been updated in awhile.

Just preordered a Marusan figure today. The upcoming black variant of Marusan's B/O styled Godzilla figure. Been looking for one for ages but couldn't afford it. Just as well that I preorder an unpainted one I guess... it'll go better with my other two. :D
http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/mai ... 014384.jpg
Id that a vinyl recreation of the remote controlled figure?
Resized Image

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

expandkong wrote:
Creature22 wrote:Thread hasn't been updated in awhile.

http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/mai ... 014384.jpg
Id that a vinyl recreation of the remote controlled figure?
Yeah. It's a neat figure; just difficult to find a painted one.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

I reviewed the Medicom Vinyl Wars Godzilla 1962 on my latest Vlog starting at 16:25. Enjoy (despite the camera look being a tad off due to a crack in it)! Thanks for giving it a check.

https://youtu.be/bkyTOrgC0mU
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I recently obtained the Vinyl Wars reissue of Rodan 1956 for a good price; I was lucky enough to just stumble across it on eBay.

Image Image Image

I'd been kind of wanting this figure in my collection, but hadn't expected to find it like this. It's a gorgeous figure with impressive shelf presence.

subatomic_Matt
GPN Volunteer

Post by subatomic_Matt »

I'm down to my last two or three modern Marusan figures I need to complete my collection. If anybody has any spare stuff for sale, I'd love to find out what you've got. :)

Added in 1 minute 7 seconds:
Rody wrote:I recently obtained the Vinyl Wars reissue of Rodan 1956 for a good price; I was lucky enough to just stumble across it on eBay.

Image Image Image

I'd been kind of wanting this figure in my collection, but hadn't expected to find it like this. It's a gorgeous figure with impressive shelf presence.
Yep! That Rodan is easily one of the best of the whole Marusan line. I'm thankful of the Vinyl Wars reissue so more people could get ahold of one. Even owning the original, I still picked up a couple of the reissue... they're just so great looking!

britewhitelight
Young Farmer

Post by britewhitelight »

Hi, I'm new member here. I am looking for a Marusan Kameba from 2005 to complete my three Space Amoeba monsters set. If anyone has one they would like to sell, or know of where I could get one, I would much appreciate it if you would let me know. Thanks!:)

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Happy to see this thread getting more love! These figures are gorgeous.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

subatomic_Matt
GPN Volunteer

Post by subatomic_Matt »

I’m glad that Marusan is releasing more vinyls again. I just wish they could sell all of them Internationally instead of some.
Last edited by subatomic_Matt on Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

A few new Marusan vinyls(new colours at least) out i august. "The Toho releases are Japan only while the Ultraman releases are international releases." - according to kaijubattle.net.

Mistwalker98
Ronin

Post by Mistwalker98 »

I'm finally going to have my 1st Marusan figure! I ordered the Mechagodzilla Godzilla Store exclusive one. I've always collected articulated figures but lately I've been fascinated in vinyl toys especially vintage kaiju ones.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Maursan Gigan 50th anniversary, thats a lot of glitter: https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillatoh ... -lucky-bag
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Man, on the black background I thought it was double cast vinyl at first (gloss black underneath with clear glitter layer on top) which would’ve been AWESOME. But I see it’s just the clear glitter vinyl. Still cool, but could’ve been even cooler.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

That Gigan would be a great Christmas/Winter Season gift. Super glittery and awesome!

I’m currently waiting for my TAG Hedorah. I have an order in, but they’re being released in limited batches each month.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

If I could find it for relatively cheap I’d almost be tempted to get that Gigan and paint the inside gloss black myself. Almost.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Well, lets revive this thread. Im getting big into Marusan and will be collecting quite a bit next year. I found a site that keeps pretty good track of new releases by them so Ill do my best to post here.

These were announced a few days ago

A little bit older, but I saw these on eBay and was shocked
Apparently there is a 450 Gigan. News to me

Mkyuncle
Samurai

Post by Mkyuncle »

My 1st Marusan is the lucky bag black glitter Gigan. I now have the Christmas green glitter Hedorah set, the purple glitter Gigan, the Limited Marsan Hedra Painted by Takashi Yoshizaka Silver Ver, the Limited MGⅡ450 Built-in Mecha Aurora Ver, the Limited Desugoji 350 Classic Blue Yellow Eyes Ver, and the Limited Biogoji 350 Platinum Sparkle.

The mini fig with my Desugoji 350 was the final form Destroyah, I was hoping for the aggregate. I got lucky with the mini fig with my Biogoji 350, it was the Biollante rose I wanted.
These were all from Godzilla store.

I'm good with the Marusans I now have. Unless the G-Store comes out with a special King Ghidorah figure.

p.s. I like GID figures, so I did get the GID Hedorah set too as a guilty pleasure. I wasn't crazy about the new Christmas red glitter Hedorah set, I'm glad I got the green.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

You should show some pictures if you can. You seem to have a good variety and I for one would love to see them.

Anyhow, this new 450 Gigan was just announced on Marusan's instagram. Looks pretty cool