DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
17%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
48%

Total votes: 42

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by LegendZilla »

^They shouldn't try to copy the Richard Donner-style of Superman verbatim (looking at you Superman Returns), but they should at least try to strike a happy balance between it as how Snyder handled the character. I'm thinking that they should use Superman TAS as a model.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

It's James Gunn it will fit in with his movies.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Wendell Pierce of The Wire fame is our new Perry White. If you're going for an African American version of the character he's a good choice. Thought he was particularly likeable in the Amazon Jack Ryan series.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Is this reboot cinematic universe gotta be better then the last one?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:08 pm Is this reboot cinematic universe gotta be better then the last one?
Depends if it survives the sale of WB.

Previous owners screwed Snyder with executive decisions and gave us 7ish years of bad films after not allowing him to finish.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Angilasman
Gotengo Officer

Post by Angilasman »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:00 pm Wendell Pierce of The Wire fame is our new Perry White. If you're going for an African American version of the character he's a good choice. Thought he was particularly likeable in the Amazon Jack Ryan series.
The Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, and Lois Lane castings are, to me, the best news about this film.

Those actors really vibe with the most iconic, classical versions of the characters and the Silver Age Superman (plus Golden Age stuff like the Fleischers) is by far my favorite.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Joker 2 trailer looked like Joker 2. I'll hold off judgement until I see it. I was excited about Lady Gaga being cast, and the musical element, but am now back to ambivalence upon finding out it's got cover songs on the soundtrack. I'm sure the acting and cinematography will be wonderful.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Is Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom part of the Snyder series that _JNavs_ mentioned above, too? If so, it should be included above, unless the 10-film limit for the list has been reached.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Peacemaker season 2 has begun filming. Odd though I thought Gunn was gonna wait for Superman to wrap up but no Cena has confirmed it.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:24 pm The fairly recent DC miniseries where Batman, Superman, etc are portrayed by dinosaurs is being turned into an animated film. Could be fun.
Wow this thread is burying the lead - most exciting DC movie news going right now imo.

What? DC's animation is usually better than it's live action and I've no reason to have faith in Gunn's live action universe yet - not gonna lie he's kind of hit and miss with me, thought the first Guardians of the Galaxy was overrated, The Suicide Squad was kinda mediocre, but I love Super, and Peacemaker is the best series I've seen in years. So he's like 50/50 with me.
Also I've never seen any of these actors cast for Superman so I've got nothing to grab on there.

But an animated dinosaur Justice League movie? Anyone who can screw that up is working in the wrong business. :lol:
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I hope that's not the costume they're using. Looks...poorly fit? Like kinda bulky/too big on him.
Also I think he's wearing red trunks? I hate the trunks!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Vakanai wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:51 pm I hope that's not the costume they're using. Looks...poorly fit? Like kinda bulky/too big on him.
Trunks are way too iconic and people want them back, its also the easiest way to difference from the DCEU.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:56 pm
Vakanai wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:51 pm I hope that's not the costume they're using. Looks...poorly fit? Like kinda bulky/too big on him.
Trunks are way too iconic and people want them back, its also the easiest way to difference from the DCEU.
Correction: Some fans believe the trunks are iconic, and those people want them back. Also the easiest way to differentiate it from the DCEU isn't trunks, but to make Superman actually fun and hopeful, which has nothing to do with wearing his bright red undies outside his pants...

Sorry, we'll have to agree to disagree here - I'll never think the trunks are a good idea or a good look, and just lessens his appearance in film in my opinion.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

More set photos of Corenswet in costume have started appearing online. Suit is a much brighter blue than the original image indicated. Edi Gathegi has also been seen in a comic accurate costume.

https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/180 ... y44pA&s=19

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:20 am More set photos of Corenswet in costume have started appearing online. Suit is a much brighter blue than the original image indicated. Edi Gathegi has also been seen in a comic accurate costume.

https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/180 ... y44pA&s=19
Hmm I keep getting "this page doesn't exist" maybe it was deleted?
Does the shoulder pads things or whatever they're called still looking kind of too big and poorly fit on him? And is he indeed wearing the trunks?
All in all I do not like this costume from that first image. Feels like a definite downgrade in design. But costumes don't make or break a movie.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

That image looks like a digitally enhanced HD picture taken during the filming of an unreleased Superman movie in the late 80s/ early 90s.

Really curious to see him in action and how the story unfolds.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Yeah, it looks worse than I thought. I hate this Superman costume and don't see the appeal some have just because "trumps are iconic!!!1111!" Like, it just looks bad here.

Mister Terrific looks surprisingly terrific though, so kudos there I guess. Still wish it was just a solo Superman movie. Feels like they're trying to force the whole shared universe thing too soon again.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

That Superman costume is made-by-commitee abysmal imo lol

Like Vakanai said though, Terrific looks great.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira