Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
o.supreme
Futurian

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by o.supreme »

Fermix wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:12 pm Hi gang! My latest interview with Brian premieres on YouTube at 1pm tomorrow. For those unaware, YouTube premiers are like a live watch-a-long. After it plays through, it'll be available like any other video :)

https://youtu.be/0rv06WJvUx0
Good Afternoon. Aweome, looking forward to it. *hoping* for any morsel of news about ReActions. 8-)
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

I have to relisten but it sounded like he said Minus One reactions in 2025? If I misheard then there’s still more Minus One stuff.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

B34sT wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:31 am I have to relisten but it sounded like he said Minus One reactions in 2025? If I misheard then there’s still more Minus One stuff.
Minus One in ReAction Q2 2025, ULTIMATES! likely to continue pending the reception of the first two.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Gojirasaur
Interpol Agent

Post by Gojirasaur »

Fermix wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:11 am
Gojirasaur wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:54 am Obviously, I'd love it if a restock of Minus Color were asked about again. 😉
If you can read between the lines, you might just be happy.
Seems I'm too dense to have picked up on where in the interview I should have jumped for joy (although it was great overall).

Unless we are getting a before/after two-pack Minus Color Ultimates set, that is. (I'm ready to jump if that was it)

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Sorry Fermix, it's been a crazy week. Just watched the interview late last night. Definitely excited to see what will be coming for SDCC. As for the Pinball ReAction. There are roughly a dozen Target stores I can drive to. Only one about 20 miles east of me has carried Godzilla Reaction in store. I appreciate that he said they shouldn't be too hard to find, and be patient. I'm hoping Target does make them available online at some point since they do have a listing for them.

I've seen a couple on eBay now. Not paying scalper prices though like I did for the American Poster variant.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Tyrannicus
Yojimbo

Post by Tyrannicus »

Excited to see what's next for ReAction after he said there's A LOT more monsters to do and talked about eventually moving into the Heisei era. Also glad to hear that aliens are not completely off the table, despite other human characters having likeness issues. That Black Hole alien custom was great. :blackholealien:

Maybe I missed it but did Brian say it the upcoming 2-pack will be Ultimates or ReAction?
Last edited by Tyrannicus on Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojirasaur
Interpol Agent

Post by Gojirasaur »

Grabbed the Pinball G when I got a restock notice from Target. I got none for MechaG though. :(

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Just catching up on the thread!

Re: Minus Colour, it really seems that Brian wants to re-issue it if the demand is there once the aftermarket levels out. Whenever I chat with him following it's release, I will be sure to ask him about it.

Re: the SDCC 2-pack, it was not mentioned during the recording but I can confirm it is a ReAction 2-pack. There will be other items as well.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Gojirasaur
Interpol Agent

Post by Gojirasaur »

Fermix wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:28 am Just catching up on the thread!

Re: Minus Colour, it really seems that Brian wants to re-issue it if the demand is there once the aftermarket levels out. Whenever I chat with him following it's release, I will be sure to ask him about it.

Re: the SDCC 2-pack, it was not mentioned during the recording but I can confirm it is a ReAction 2-pack. There will be other items as well.
Thanks! Of course, you know my demand is there now! :D

I wonder how long this will take. It's going to hurt to see eBay prices and not know for sure that he will do it. How long does it take for an aftermarket to level out? I also hope it won't be missing anything from the first release.

Any chance the SDCC 2-pack will me a Minus Color before/after 2 pack like the MMS one?

Platypus Prime
G-Force Personnel

Post by Platypus Prime »

Reissuing Minus Color when it was specifically advertised as a limited run would inevitably make people throw a fit, though an easy way around it would be a package difference on the cheaper side, or if changes to the figure can be made, maybe make the spines clear for Minus Color (as opposed to the clear blue I assume the normal one will eventually sport for its repaint).

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I ordered the Ultimates Minus Color in a moment of FOMO weakness; I'm not usually one for variants like that. I tend to prefer the "regular" version of characters. So, if it does go for a lot on the aftermarket, I'm not sure whether or not I'll hang on to it.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Gojirasaur
Interpol Agent

Post by Gojirasaur »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:45 am I ordered the Ultimates Minus Color in a moment of FOMO weakness; I'm not usually one for variants like that. I tend to prefer the "regular" version of characters. So, if it does go for a lot on the aftermarket, I'm not sure whether or not I'll hang on to it.
Ugh. Still stings I wasn't able to get online in time. I love the B/W aesthetic. Always have. While I don't have them, I thought the Twilight Zone figures being B/W was so right. They looked great.

As for price, with my wallet as thin as it is at the moment, especially with a recent Y-MSF order, and I guess that ReAction too, I need that Minus Color to be MSRP...if not less!

Tyrannicus
Yojimbo

Post by Tyrannicus »

Fermix wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:28 am Re: the SDCC 2-pack, it was not mentioned during the recording but I can confirm it is a ReAction 2-pack. There will be other items as well.
Awesome! I'm also hoping we hear about the next wave of ReActions soon.

I was trying to think what 2-pack would be surprising and fun, and would most likely not involve entirely new figures. What popped into my head was Godzilla (or Anguirus) vs Fake Godzilla from Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. That would be cool, especially if Fake Godzilla has a different head based on the stunt suit and some of Mechagodzilla exposed underneath.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Tyrannicus wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:23 pm
Fermix wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:28 am Re: the SDCC 2-pack, it was not mentioned during the recording but I can confirm it is a ReAction 2-pack. There will be other items as well.
Awesome! I'm also hoping we hear about the next wave of ReActions soon.

I was trying to think what 2-pack would be surprising and fun, and would most likely not involve entirely new figures. What popped into my head was Godzilla (or Anguirus) vs Fake Godzilla from Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. That would be cool, especially if Fake Godzilla has a different head based on the stunt suit and some of Mechagodzilla exposed underneath.
That could be fun! One of the ideas I've heard that is most plausible to me is the handshake between Jet Jaguar and Godzilla.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but Ill preface my *thought* with...I 100% agree, I want ALL the Showa Kaiju in ReAction that we can get from the Godzilla franchise before we move on to other things. However... Is Zone Fighter and its kaiju a plausibility? The "handshake" thing just made me think of Zone Fighter and the guest episodes with Godzilla. Would be super fun if we could get him and some of his Kaiju foes (of course only after we get everything from Toho's Golden Era first 8-) )
Last edited by o.supreme on Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Zone Fighter would be neat but I doubt it. The kaiju from that series though? Don't hold your breath.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

In my first video with Brian, he said he was trying to get to some deep cuts in Toho but also that some designs just don't lend to mass appeal (such as Ebirah). If a design is cool and lends itself well to being a toy, I would say it's safely on the table.

Tyrannicus
Yojimbo

Post by Tyrannicus »

The Showa era would not be complete without giant lobster, giant spider, giant mantis, and if we're really lucky giant octopus and giant condor. I'm hopeful they will still release those "non-appealing" designs in some form, even if it's an online exclusive wave or something. I could see the same for Zone Fighter if they decide there's enough interest. Maybe even a future SDCC exclusive.

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

I guess Yog trio will never make it since they’re even more obscure than Ebirah.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Honestly, I know in interviews they've talked about popularity of characters being a determining factor, but I also think it also has to do with complexity of design to some degree. Mogera from the Mystrerians is arguably more obscure than the creatures from Yog/Space Amoeba, yet we have a Mogera 57 ReAction, and by all accounts, it was extremely popular. I could easily see a Gezora ReAction being made. But Ganimes and Kamoebas (like Ebirah), have a lot of detail to their design, so it would be difficult especially at 3 3/4 scale. Do Gashapons of these exist? If so, then there might be hope depending on how good they look as inspiration for design.
Last edited by o.supreme on Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.