Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games featuring Toho related characters.
Breakdown
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by Breakdown »

Kong is actually stupid strong. His AoE pounce is absurd AND he can't be stunned while performing it. On top of having two invincibility saves. Godzilla can at least be stunned and lured away by the Shinden.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Not understanding why the new Godzilla and Kong overpowered pieces cost less than Godzilla earth. I yeah money grab

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Took a long break hoping they would fix this game but it’s still all about your wallet and not about skill. Maybe I’ll check back in a while. But I’m sure nothing will change

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

So apparently BEAST Glove Kong + Ariake Destoroyah + Chibi Godzilla & Chibi Mechagodzilla is a thing now and I've just started giving up as soon as I see it. :roll:
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

So, concerning the whole "changing gold into Upgrade Coins" thing... I've got a lot of gold. A lot. Should I go ahead and use it all now before Toho changes it to some comparatively awful currency? What is everyone else planning on doing with their gold?

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:42 pm So, concerning the whole "changing gold into Upgrade Coins" thing... I've got a lot of gold. A lot. Should I go ahead and use it all now before Toho changes it to some comparatively awful currency? What is everyone else planning on doing with their gold?
Right now I'm praying for Wakasa G'89 or MG74 to pop up in the shop again before the switch happens. Otherwise, just some level ups here and there.
ImageImage

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I know I already mentioned it before, but holy hell BEAST Glove Kong is ridiculous. He approached my leader, Mecha-King Ghidorah, so I used the Machine Hand on him. Then I dropped Godzilla 1989 and Shimo on him. And he was STILL able to last long enough to kill my leader! Is BEAST Glove Kong the mostly brokenly OP character this game has ever seen?

Carrerasaurus
Yojimbo

Post by Carrerasaurus »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:42 pm So, concerning the whole "changing gold into Upgrade Coins" thing... I've got a lot of gold. A lot. Should I go ahead and use it all now before Toho changes it to some comparatively awful currency? What is everyone else planning on doing with their gold?
I'm pretty sure the players' gold will be converted into Upgrade Coins, so I don't think I have much reason to worry about it. This will only happen in August, and we should get more information on how those new currencies will exactly work the closer we get to the change.
TitanoGoji16 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:08 pm I know I already mentioned it before, but holy hell BEAST Glove Kong is ridiculous. He approached my leader, Mecha-King Ghidorah, so I used the Machine Hand on him. Then I dropped Godzilla 1989 and Shimo on him. And he was STILL able to last long enough to kill my leader! Is BEAST Glove Kong the mostly brokenly OP character this game has ever seen?
I recommend swapping Godzilla '89 for something else. He's not worth it to use as an unit, his 5000 health points can be depleted faster than one might think. He's been a competent leader this season, seeing how all the new units have an energy cost of 5 or more.
That said, yeah, you're not crazy. The GxK characters are frustratingly absurd. A level 16 Evolved Godzilla can do level 23 Godzilla Earth levels of damage (on top of having a faster attack speed), and I am baffled at how nobody seems to notice this. Players on the Reddit page are generally unsatisfied, every day there's been at least one new thread of how the game has been awful this season.

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

The introduction of pieces that make past pieces obsolete is why I’ll not spend another dime on this game. Each new batch of introduced 4 star pieces is so overpowered compared to older pieces. The cost isn’t staggered related to how effective each piece is and honestly there’s better things to buy than each new months poorly thought out pieces. The goal is $ so I guess it achieves that for people with tons of cash to frivolously part with. Wish a good console game without micro transactions would come out.

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

Looks like I'm not getting Shimo. I dumped my gems into that 50/50 map with Godzilla and got 3 Godzilla pieces. Oh well.

Looks like we're getting another Gamera collab next. I'm shocked. I never works have thought that works happen.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Return of Rebirth! Flight Mode Gamera and Guiron (Rebirth incarnations) confirmed to be the next units.

Also some nice buffs finally being dropped particularly onto some of the older monsters. Battra's cost is being reduced (both forms), Desghidorah's attack reach is increased (maybe he'll finally be able to destroy those pesky MBAWs without being stunlocked into oblivion), KG1991's cost is being reduced and attack increased, MKG's HP and attack are being buffed in addition to receiving stun resistance, and current Gamera is receiving HP and attack buffs.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Chaos Reincarnation
Interpol Agent

Post by Chaos Reincarnation »

What a perfect time for me to have just downloaded the game.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I say this from the bottom of my heart: Fuck Beast Glove Kong. He wouldn't even be that hard to counter if it wasn't for how short of a cool down his pounce has, and if he didn't have invincibility while doing it even AFTER losing the axe. Like, why did they feel the need to make this move completely unstoppable barring a Rainbow Mothra shield buff?
Last edited by Breakdown on Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

Seems the Skull Island map is now part of the regular rotation. I guess the Hollow Earth map will now be the special occasion one.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Breakdown wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:17 pm I say this from the bottom of my heart: Fuck Beast Glove Kong. He wouldn't even be that hard to counter if it wasn't for how short of a cool down his pounce has, and if he didn't have invincibility while doing it even AFTER losing the axe.
Like a lot of the recent units (i.e. since the Minus One season when Toho started to really ramp up power creep), BEAST Glove Kong would be a lot more balanced if there was just one small tweak to him. Like maybe if he didn't hit air units with his pounce or didn't have the super long invincibility window while using the move.

That said, I feel like Kong's peak is already behind him. He's still strong, but it was a result of the meta being so ground based and it's already starting to shift a bit with more flyers.
Excelsior wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:01 am Seems the Skull Island map is now part of the regular rotation. I guess the Hollow Earth map will now be the special occasion one.
I might have missed this, when did Toho state it was back in regular rotation? Would be great if Skull Island sticks around.

My assumption, though, was that Skull Island and Hollow Earth are just temporarily here this season as they still have the store banners for the Godzilla X Kong units.

https://godzillagames.jp/battle_line/news/en/news/game/2021073102.html

Hoping I'm wrong.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

I'm the past the SI map went away when the season ends. Since the rollover we still have them, so I'm hoping they're permanent.

They've rolled out tons of new units, but no new maps in forever. You'd think it'd be easier to make a map than a unit, so we'd have gotten more of them along the way, but when was the last time we got a new map besides SI and Hollow Earth?

And since we have the friends feature now, here's my ID if anyone wants it: 495360861805

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Excelsior wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:40 amThey've rolled out tons of new units, but no new maps in forever. You'd think it'd be easier to make a map than a unit, so we'd have gotten more of them along the way, but when was the last time we got a new map besides SI and Hollow Earth?
Planet X, Children's Land, Seatopia, and San Francisco would make for some really nice maps. There are also the many island locales (Infant, Letchi, Solgell, Monster, Birth), but I suppose there could be an issue concerning how to make them stand out from each other (and from Skull).

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:26 pm
Excelsior wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:40 amThey've rolled out tons of new units, but no new maps in forever. You'd think it'd be easier to make a map than a unit, so we'd have gotten more of them along the way, but when was the last time we got a new map besides SI and Hollow Earth?
Planet X, Children's Land, Seatopia, and San Francisco would make for some really nice maps. There are also the many island locales (Infant, Letchi, Solgell, Monster, Birth), but I suppose there could be an issue concerning how to make them stand out from each other (and from Skull).
Monster Island would be great. Put random units on the board as third units like G14 and Kong used to be in the Skull Island map. That would add some variety.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Excelsior wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:57 amMonster Island would be great. Put random units on the board as third units like G14 and Kong used to be in the Skull Island map. That would add some variety.
Oh man, I forgot that they used to do that. Yeah, that'd be fun.

Chaos Reincarnation
Interpol Agent

Post by Chaos Reincarnation »

Excelsior wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:40 am I'm the past the SI map went away when the season ends. Since the rollover we still have them, so I'm hoping they're permanent.

They've rolled out tons of new units, but no new maps in forever. You'd think it'd be easier to make a map than a unit, so we'd have gotten more of them along the way, but when was the last time we got a new map besides SI and Hollow Earth?

And since we have the friends feature now, here's my ID if anyone wants it: 495360861805
Added, although I wonder if there should be a separate thread for this? For organizations sake.