Official US Godzilla Store

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
UltramanGoji

Re: Official US Godzilla Store

Post by UltramanGoji »

A private warehouse function would be great, but I don’t think this operation is large enough to warrant such a feature.

Gojirasaur
Interpol Agent

Post by Gojirasaur »

UltramanGoji wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:45 am A private warehouse function would be great, but I don’t think this operation is large enough to warrant such a feature.
That's a very Japanese kind of eTail option. Godzilla.com is geared for the USA. The Prime structure is perfect, and easy to adopt here since many American customers already are part of such a program. Those who don't buy from Japan won't have the learning curve they'd need to understand a warehouse option.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Gojirasaur wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:19 am
UltramanGoji wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:45 am A private warehouse function would be great, but I don’t think this operation is large enough to warrant such a feature.
That's a very Japanese kind of eTail option. Godzilla.com is geared for the USA. The Prime structure is perfect, and easy to adopt here since many American customers already are part of such a program. Those who don't buy from Japan won't have the learning curve they'd need to understand a warehouse option.
Nah. BigBadToyStore and Chosen Prime are both US-based retailers that utilize it. It's not that complicated, it'd just require a lot more manpower than I think the G-Store is capable of. I still think the Prime-like structure is good, but I'd just also like the option to buy stuff and have it accumulate until I'm ready to ship all at once.

Gojirasaur
Interpol Agent

Post by Gojirasaur »

UltramanGoji wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:37 amNah. BigBadToyStore and Chosen Prime are both US-based retailers that utilize it.
You say "nah" as if that wasn't where the idea came from. It's a Japanese practice no matter who utilizes it.

It was originally meant for the primary reason it's used now: To consolidate intetnational shipping costs which are mostly negligible domestically; be it Japan or the USA.

Does it help the niche collectible domestic eTailers? I suppose so. But payment plans do far more for them. Also, purchase warehousing is most useful with eTailers who have customers who buy items from several franchises. With Godzilla.com, it's the one.

I'd hazard, what with the US retail efforts we're seeing from Toho and Bandai separately, that they are aiming for a more casual crowd, and not just the hardcore collecting fan base.

Know someone who loves Godzilla? Buy them a membership! Almost sounds like Amazon, Walmart, or Target, doesn't it? It makes more sense for Godzilla.com than purchase warehousing.
UltramanGoji wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:37 amIt's not that complicated, it'd just require a lot more manpower than I think the G-Store is capable of. I still think the Prime-like structure is good, but I'd just also like the option to buy stuff and have it accumulate until I'm ready to ship all at once.
G-store doesn't do their own fulfillment, so their manpower doesn't matter. It's their partner who has the warehouse and the staffing, and I assume that's easier to upscale based on the contract.
Last edited by Gojirasaur on Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Gojirasaur wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:05 am
UltramanGoji wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:37 amNah. BigBadToyStore and Chosen Prime are both US-based retailers that utilize it.
You say "nah" as if that wasn't where the idea came from. It's a Japanese practice no matter who utilizes it..
No, I meant “nah” in response to saying there’d be a learning curve to using it. I don’t think it’s too difficult of a concept for people to grasp. If I’m failing to understand what you’re saying…please forgive me, I’m sick at the moment and not in my best state of mind. :lol:
Gojirasaur wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:05 am
UltramanGoji wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:37 amIt's not that complicated, it'd just require a lot more manpower than I think the G-Store is capable of. I still think the Prime-like structure is good, but I'd just also like the option to buy stuff and have it accumulate until I'm ready to ship all at once.
G-store doesn't do their own fulfillment, so their manpower doesn't matter. It's their partner who has the warehouse and the staffing, and I assume that's easier to upscale based on the contract.
Fair, that’s an area I’m admittedly in the dark on.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

People really think this site gets enough traffic to warrant private warehouses and an Amazon-like subscription model?

pjkong
Yojimbo

Post by pjkong »

I hope the bandai 64 pops back up on the site. I missed it the first go around.

Gojirasaur
Interpol Agent

Post by Gojirasaur »

UltramanGoji wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:33 am No, I meant “nah” in response to saying there’d be a learning curve to using it. I don’t think it’s too difficult of a concept for people to grasp. If I’m failing to understand what you’re saying…please forgive me, I’m sick at the moment and not in my best state of mind. :lol:
I'm sorry. I hope you're on the mend!

I didn't mean to say folks couldn't grasp it, but they wouldn't need to grasp the Prime model. I just think folks would consider that easier.
UltramanGoji wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:33 amFair, that’s an area I’m admittedly in the dark on.
I only discovered it myself looking up the return address and seeing the fulfillment company building online. Godzilla.com isn't the only one they work with, apparently.
Legion1979 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:37 am People really think this site gets enough traffic to warrant private warehouses and an Amazon-like subscription model?
On the latter, I genuinely do. There are smaller scale businesses with annual memberships. Hell, Duran Duran still has a fanclub with an annual membership. Who's bigger? An 80s band or Godzilla? (And I don't just mean literally.) ;)
pjkong wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:46 am I hope the bandai 64 pops back up on the site. I missed it the first go around.
Even if they remove a listing, sometimes things come back. It's maddening when they do remove something and you've submitted a restock notification request. Cruel, even.

gojiwr20
Monsterland Worker

Post by gojiwr20 »

A bunch of X Plus figures were posted

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

I’m still hoping they do another run of the Minus One Theater Exclusive items. Wasn’t able to get the crossbody bag.

I also hope they do a run of The New Empire Theater Exclusives as well.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

Also Minilla is out

ShyGuyPal101
Monarch Researcher

Post by ShyGuyPal101 »

B34sT wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:45 pm Also Minilla is out
Can someone please post a link to the Minilla listing if not too much trouble? I can't find it on their website for some reason.
Edit: Oh nevermind, I found it! https://godzilla.com/products/godzilla- ... nilla-1967
Last edited by ShyGuyPal101 on Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gojirasaur
Interpol Agent

Post by Gojirasaur »

Despite the emails featuring him, I feel he slipped by most. That they didn't stock enough is surprising as well.

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

Wow I did not expect Minilla to sell out. I’m guessing he will be back in a few months but it’s shocking since I only found him at the bottom of the MMS page as opposed to new releases.

Gojirasaur
Interpol Agent

Post by Gojirasaur »

Honestly, I think their not stocking enough on him might be hurting orders as folks are just not buying one figure per order. I bet there are a few carts sitting idle waiting for check out until he or another significant recent release gets stocked. They definitely erred on Minilla.

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

I think they can definitely fix their stuff on the logistics side. Lower the free shipping cost below $150 or somehow keep a tally on the account to hit a monthly goal of purchases for free shipping, combine multiple orders shipped instead of sending everything individually, and if possible in the future a warehouse option to send out multiple orders at once like other companies. I understand that the last one requires a lot of work but it would make the experience much better and make it easier for people to purchase more.

Shin_Gojira
Ronin

Post by Shin_Gojira »

Does anyone know which version of the X-Plus Shin Godzilla is releasing this month on the godzilla store? Regular? G-Store Exclusive or Ric?

onerichman
Monsterland Worker

Post by onerichman »

Godzilla Evolved and Beast Glove Kong from Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire are both up for pre-order on the US Godzilla store website for those who don't have them and want to get them.