General Gaming News Thread

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Re: General Gaming News Thread

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

https://www-polygon-com.cdn.ampproject. ... ii-u-sales

So….some guy bought a brand new Wii U from a retail store last month. As in an actual official purchase where that money will go to Nintendo like it's still 2012-2016. This news is both interesting and mind-blowing. Like, what are the chances of that happening again?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

The new King Kong game is hilariously bad lmao, literal shovelware
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:16 pm The new King Kong game is hilariously bad lmao, literal shovelware
Considering how bad the trailers looked I’m not in the least bit surprised. Curious if it’ll topple Gollum as the most poorly constructed game this year, but that would be a hell of a feat.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

To the shock of probably no one at this point, E3 is officially dead. (Though if you ask me it's been dead since 2019)

https://www.ign.com/articles/e3-is-dead-for-good

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I'm fucking crying right now. E3 was the time of the year that I was always looking to ever since I got into gaming and gaming culture, and now it's no more.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

Why cry? It had its years and it failed to rework itself and adapt. The organization was lousy with stupidity that resulted in things like leaking the addresses and names of all of the journalists that went there, failed to meet publishers leaving head on, and refused to recognize a changing landscape.
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.
Chris55 wrote: Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?
My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Saansilt wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:28 pm Why cry? It had its years and it failed to rework itself and adapt. The organization was lousy with stupidity that resulted in things like leaking the addresses and names of all of the journalists that went there, failed to meet publishers leaving head on, and refused to recognize a changing landscape.
Sorry for the late reply, but even with all the problems with E3, it was still a magical place where gamers come together to get hyped for upcoming video games and gaming consoles. Seeing developers and publishers on stage to announce the games that they are working on, showing us game play to make us interested in said games, talking about all the cool stuff and shit. I remembered how excited I was watching the MW3 demo on E3 2011. Hearing the audience's reaction to the Final Fantasy VII remake announcement. E3 2019 may not have been a good E3, but all the fun, memorable moments from that E3 is something we will not get anymore moving forward when live-streaming is becoming the new way to announce and show-off new games. Sure, we will get a few announcements and trailers at The Game Awards from now on, but that will be nothing compared to E3.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Apparently every Xbox exclusive game may be going multi-platform soon. Not a good sign for the console as a whole if true...

https://gamerant.com/xbox-exclusive-gam ... ps5-rumor/

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:04 am Apparently every Xbox exclusive game may be going multi-platform soon. Not a good sign for the console as a whole if true...

https://gamerant.com/xbox-exclusive-gam ... ps5-rumor/
Well, that's the only way I'm ever going to give Starfield a shot, so so be it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Could this mean we could see Microsoft going the way of Sega?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:19 am ^Could this mean we could see Microsoft going the way of Sega?
Microsoft never really made games in the same way Sega did, so the analogy doesn't work. Microsoft recently has just been buying up studios, the biggest being Bethdesa, and having them make exclusives for them.

Honestly, I'm excited for TES6, but given Bethdea's recent track record I'm not excited enough by it to buy an xbox. Same goes for Starfield. I imagine a bunch of people feel the same.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:29 pm
Microsoft never really made games in the same way Sega did, so the analogy doesn't work. Microsoft recently has just been buying up studios, the biggest being Bethdesa, and having them make exclusives for them.

Honestly, I'm excited for TES6, but given Bethdea's recent track record I'm not excited enough by it to buy an xbox. Same goes for Starfield. I imagine a bunch of people feel the same.
If they make an TES6, they should set it in the hot desert. Also, what company do you think that Microsoft will buy next?

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:50 pm If they make an TES6, they should set it in the hot desert. Also, what company do you think that Microsoft will buy next?
Sorry for the late reply I just logged in for the first time in awhile, but Bethesda confirmed that TES6 is happening. They released a concept trailer of it at the last E3 before MS bought them.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Finally Nintendo Direct for Switch drops tomorrow. Really hoping for at least Windwaker HD.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:02 am Finally Nintendo Direct for Switch drops tomorrow. Really hoping for at least Windwaker HD.
They said they wouldn't reveal the Switch 2, so I wonder what possibly they could be announcing, if anything. It feels like we already entered an age of stagnation, late in a consoles life cycle, when they're just re-releasing old games/remakes. At most we might get some games announced that will be playable next year on new hardware, but that seems to be pushing it.

I imagine and can only guess:
Metroid Prime 2 Remake
Metroid Prime 3 Remake
Mario Kart Deluxe Final Version (includes all the dlc)

Maybe a remake of the GB Zelda games in Link's Awakening Art style.

Beyond that I'm stumped.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Rumors of a new Mario Party as well. My sister will be pissed if they release a Final version of Mario Kart 8. She just bought Deluxe a couple weeks ago.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

Prime 4!!!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Prime 4, new Mario Party, new 2D Zelda game with Zelda as the protagonist, Marvel vs Capcom Collection, anything else?

Added in 4 minutes 31 seconds:
Oh Perfect Dark and Turok are coming to Switch Online! Metroid Zero Mission too.

Added in 5 minutes 22 seconds:
Every announcement from the Direct.

https://www.polygon.com/24180900/ninten ... nced-games
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ryanosaurus
Ronin

Post by Ryanosaurus »

Maybe it's just my expectations going in (i.e. end-of-platform's-life Direct), but this thing surpassed just about every conceivable measure I had...

I was expecting a lot of remasters and ports, and yeah, there were a few, but there was just a hell of a lot more newness to things than I ever would've anticipated. Mario & Luigi trailer? Okay, so we're getting a rema... oh no, it's a new game. And the animations look fantastic! Link's Awakening-style trailer? Okay, so probably a remake of the Ora... oh no, wrong again. It's a brand new top-down Zelda game w/ playable Zelda. And it looks f'n amazing (probably my game of the show, tbh).
And then actual Prime 4 footage?! I figured--at most--they'd show off a CGI teaser due to the expectation of it being cross-gen (so they're not showing off a technically inferior version of the game as people's first introduction to Beyond). And what the heck is Mio? Who knows where the hell Silksong is, but this looks like a really strong Metroid-like in its own right, so sign me up! And then the announcement of the one N64 game which I've prayed to the gods for every night since the service was announced? Finally, my prayers have been answered, and Perfect Dark is now on NSO...

Yeah, this thing delivered.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Little disappointed they didn't announce a Zelda remaster of some kind. While I do enjoy the 2D Zelda games they don't quite carry the same hype as the 3D games. This one does look like a cute little departure though.