Monster Planet Trilogy Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Re: Monster Planet Trilogy Discussion

Post by gottatalktothefake »

>anime trilogy bombed on Netflix too
>singular point lost to pacific rim the black of all things
Ok this is funny

Added in 16 minutes :
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:01 pm Netflix finally released some viewership data! It's interesting.....

As noted by Spuro in another thread, Pacific Rim the Black beat out Godzilla Singular Point.

But, Singular Point beat out the COMBINED amount of hours watched versus the entire anime trilogy.

SP had 1,900,000 combined hours.
Godzilla Planet of the Monsters had 700,000, COTEOB had 500,000 and the Planet Eater had 400,000.

That's bad!
7+5+4=16
19 vs 16!

What's funny is you can get an estimate of how many people watched some of these films. It's not looking too good!
Roughly 461537 people have watched Planet eater legally on netflix outside of Japan! The number is lower when you consider individuals watching it multiple times, watching it then stopping it and a bunch of other things!
Link to this report? Does it have gamera rebirth on it?

Added in 5 minutes 56 seconds:
Nvm found it
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I'm curious to know if those numbers are only showing viewership for January through June specifically, OR if it's all time. If it's the latter, that would be horrible. If it's the former, it would be far more understandable. These movies are pretty old. However, that'd mean Planet of the Monsters only averaged 100k hours for those six months while the others did significantly worse.

Just something to think about.

Edit: Meant hours, not viewers.
Last edited by Showa Gyaos on Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Post by StreamOfKaijuness »

The viewership report is indeed just for January through June of 2023, not all time.

Netflix, 12/12/2023:
What We Watched: A Netflix Engagement Report
Starting today we will publish What We Watched: A Netflix Engagement Report twice a year. This is a comprehensive report of what people watched on Netflix over a six month period, including:
  • Hours viewed for every title — original and licensed — watched for over 50,000 hours;
  • The premiere date for any Netflix TV series or film; and
  • Whether a title was available globally.
In total, this report covers more than 18,000 titles — representing 99% of all viewing on Netflix — and nearly 100 billion hours viewed.

The report is rounded to 100,000 hours viewed.

We don't know how many people watched the Godzilla anime films when they premiered in 2018-2019, nor how many people watched Singular Point when it premiered in 2021.

We do know that Singular Point drew about 1.9 million hours viewed in the first six months of this year. With a total runtime of about five hours across 13 episodes, that's equal to about 380,000 views of the entire season during the first half of 2023. Not bad for a Godzilla anime series that's been available for two years.

Planet of the Monsters (89 minutes) had about 700,000 hours viewed, equal to about 471,910 viewings.

City on the Edge of Battle (101 minutes) had about 500,000 hours viewed, equal to about 297,029 viewings.

The Planet Eater (91 minutes) had about 400,000 hours viewed, equal to about 263,736 viewings.

Also, the animated series Skull Island premiered on June 22 and racked up about 7.4 million hours viewed during the last nine days covered by this report. With a total runtime of about three hours across eight episodes, that's equal to about 2,466,666 viewings of the entire season in its first nine days. I hope that's enough for it to get a second season.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

StreamOfKaijuness wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:48 pm The viewership report is indeed just for January through June of 2023, not all time.

Netflix, 12/12/2023:
What We Watched: A Netflix Engagement Report
Starting today we will publish What We Watched: A Netflix Engagement Report twice a year. This is a comprehensive report of what people watched on Netflix over a six month period, including:
  • Hours viewed for every title — original and licensed — watched for over 50,000 hours;
  • The premiere date for any Netflix TV series or film; and
  • Whether a title was available globally.
In total, this report covers more than 18,000 titles — representing 99% of all viewing on Netflix — and nearly 100 billion hours viewed.

The report is rounded to 100,000 hours viewed.

We don't know how many people watched the Godzilla anime films when they premiered in 2018-2019, nor how many people watched Singular Point when it premiered in 2021.

We do know that Singular Point drew about 1.9 million hours viewed in the first six months of this year. With a total runtime of about five hours across 13 episodes, that's equal to about 380,000 views of the entire season during the first half of 2023. Not bad for a Godzilla anime series that's been available for two years.

Planet of the Monsters (89 minutes) had about 700,000 hours viewed, equal to about 471,910 viewings.

City on the Edge of Battle (101 minutes) had about 500,000 hours viewed, equal to about 297,029 viewings.

The Planet Eater (91 minutes) had about 400,000 hours viewed, equal to about 263,736 viewings.

Also, the animated series Skull Island premiered on June 22 and racked up about 7.4 million hours viewed during the last nine days covered by this report. With a total runtime of about three hours across eight episodes, that's equal to about 2,466,666 viewings of the entire season in its first nine days. I hope that's enough for it to get a second season.
I appreciate the clarification. Netflix is blocked on company computers and I was scouring the internet at work on breaks. I didn't have my phone on me so I couldn't check. :lol:
Last edited by Showa Gyaos on Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Thank you as well StreamofKaijuness. The fact that it's only for a specific portion of this year and not overall means it's kind of pointless even taking any of this data seriously. That explains why cultural phenomena like Stranger Things are so low as well.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

This trilogy is like a set of complimation films for a TV series that never was.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

I heard it was supposed to be a series at the earliest stages but I might be misremembering

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla Earth is like all of us. Did a lot of cool stuff in his prime then turned into an grumpy old person.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:32 pm Godzilla Earth is like all of us. Did a lot of cool studd I'm his prime then turned into an grumpy old person.
Damn, he's just like me fr.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.