K.W.C. Error Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
User avatar
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 6322
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Godzilla Earth
Contact:

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by KaijuX »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:26 pm Also want to note than the K.W.C.E section leads to the outdated FAQ.
CommanderPhoenix wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm Not an error in a KWC, but the FAQ still lists Little Godzilla as an illegal form for Junior despite being added today.
Both done. :) If you find anything else, let me know!
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Image

User avatar
CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:50 pm

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Here's another one I just realized is an issue, it still mentions the Dibs thread as a thing that exists instead of pointing at the What Are You Working On thread

Danit67
Ronin
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 11:45 am

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by Danit67 »

Hello there! Long time fan of your amazing battles.

I just wanted to say that the K.W.C. match 329 has an error in the title ("Godzillla").

Keep up with the good work, guys.

User avatar
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 6322
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Godzilla Earth
Contact:

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by KaijuX »

Danit67 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:41 am Hello there! Long time fan of your amazing battles.

I just wanted to say that the K.W.C. match 329 has an error in the title ("Godzillla").

Keep up with the good work, guys.
Thank you! Both for the kind words and for pointing that out. Unfortunately, I can't make the correction to the URL itself, but the page has removed that extra L. Changing the URL erases all the comments, which is something I'd rather keep (it also requires having to replace all the URLs that connect to it).
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Image

User avatar
Gigantis
Sazer
Posts: 10649
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Nebula of the Orion

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by Gigantis »

Uh, is Mazinger's image supposed to be clickable? If it is, it's not working. It's just making Manda's image rotate instead.
Image

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

User avatar
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 6322
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Godzilla Earth
Contact:

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by KaijuX »

Gigantis wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:31 am Uh, is Mazinger's image supposed to be clickable? If it is, it's not working. It's just making Manda's image rotate instead.
That was a slip up on my part. Due to scheduling, won't be able to tackle it until the next KWC update on the 28th. But know it'll be taken care of later this month. :)

Added in 39 minutes 42 seconds:
Correction; was able to get to it. Also added some quality of life updates too (mostly just with MV Kong's BEAST Glove).
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Image

User avatar
GZillaguy199
GPN Volunteer
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:12 pm

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by GZillaguy199 »

Not really an error but i had no idea where to post this but, i feel Godzilla Ultima's ability set should be updated considering the context of the novel giving us more insight on the exact nature of the singular point, we do have some information from it floating around on the internet specifically stuff posted by @KyoeiToshi on twitter and a vs battle wiki (abit badly translated but comprehensible) i feel could help give better understanding Ultima and something to keep in mind when writing with him.

https: //vsbattles.fandom.c om/wiki/User_blog:Arceus0x/Godzilla_Singular_Point_Novelization_Scan_Blog

https: //vsbattles.fandom.c om/wiki/Godzilla_(Godzilla_Singular_Point_Novelization)#Ultima
Last edited by GZillaguy199 on Fri May 17, 2024 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 6322
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Godzilla Earth
Contact:

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by KaijuX »

GZillaguy199 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:14 pm Not really an error but i had no idea where to post this but, i feel Godzilla Ultima's ability set should be updated considering the context of the novel giving us more insight on the exact nature of the singular point, we do have some information from it floating around on the internet specifically stuff posted by @KyoeiToshi on twitter and a vs battle wiki (abit badly translated but comprehensible) i feel could help give better understanding Ultima and something to keep in mind when writing with him.

https: //vsbattles.fandom.c om/wiki/User_blog:Arceus0x/Godzilla_Singular_Point_Novelization_Scan_Blog

https: //vsbattles.fandom.c om/wiki/Godzilla_(Godzilla_Singular_Point_Novelization)#Ultima
We're aware of this, but I'm playing more of the long game of waiting for Season 2 before fully enacting on this. Plus, even by your admission, some of the stuff from VS Battle Wiki is pretty not great with its translations, or that there's a lot of room for error. That said, the stuff we do have on the site currently is as verified as we know for sure (i.e. the weakness of the cocooned state for Amphibia, or Terrestris' hardened reactive armor, Aquatilis' sonic roar, etc.). At the latest, I'll probably look into more of the crazy Omega Point stuff some time in 2025 at the earliest. 2024's my last personal year for any holdout for SP Season 2. It's either that, or an official English release for the SP novel, but I don't see that happening.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Image

User avatar
GZillaguy199
GPN Volunteer
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:12 pm

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by GZillaguy199 »

KaijuX wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:33 am
GZillaguy199 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:14 pm Not really an error but i had no idea where to post this but, i feel Godzilla Ultima's ability set should be updated considering the context of the novel giving us more insight on the exact nature of the singular point, we do have some information from it floating around on the internet specifically stuff posted by @KyoeiToshi on twitter and a vs battle wiki (abit badly translated but comprehensible) i feel could help give better understanding Ultima and something to keep in mind when writing with him.

https: //vsbattles.fandom.c om/wiki/User_blog:Arceus0x/Godzilla_Singular_Point_Novelization_Scan_Blog

https: //vsbattles.fandom.c om/wiki/Godzilla_(Godzilla_Singular_Point_Novelization)#Ultima
We're aware of this, but I'm playing more of the long game of waiting for Season 2 before fully enacting on this. Plus, even by your admission, some of the stuff from VS Battle Wiki is pretty not great with its translations, or that there's a lot of room for error. That said, the stuff we do have on the site currently is as verified as we know for sure (i.e. the weakness of the cocooned state for Amphibia, or Terrestris' hardened reactive armor, Aquatilis' sonic roar, etc.). At the latest, I'll probably look into more of the crazy Omega Point stuff some time in 2025 at the earliest. 2024's my last personal year for any holdout for SP Season 2. It's either that, or an official English release for the SP novel, but I don't see that happening.
I Actually have the full untranslated novel in an epub file, i don't know anyone who can translate it but i was hoping to somehow get it out there and into the hands of someone who can but have had no luck.

I feel there's enough extra lore bits in there to justify one.
Last edited by GZillaguy199 on Sat May 18, 2024 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
HillyHulk
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2034
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:59 pm

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by HillyHulk »

Match 412 and 369 have 404 errors. I don’t know if it's a problem on my end, but I looked it up and it might be a website issue.

User avatar
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 6322
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Godzilla Earth
Contact:

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by KaijuX »

HillyHulk wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:47 am Match 412 and 369 have 404 errors. I don’t know if it's a problem on my end, but I looked it up and it might be a website issue.
Definitely a website issue. All the blogs are down, working on getting them back up.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Image

User avatar
HillyHulk
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2034
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:59 pm

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by HillyHulk »

C-Rex's ability descriptions has a spelling error ("tencles" instead of "tentacles.")

mikelcho
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by mikelcho »

Found an error.

Match 45 should say in it "Continued from Match 4", even though they're both by two different authors.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5566
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:08 pm
Location: Under the Wild Montana Skies

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Legendary Godzilla’s bio says Nuclear Pulse after spines are destroyed. It should just say Nuclear Pulse.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

User avatar
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 6322
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Godzilla Earth
Contact:

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:16 pm Legendary Godzilla’s bio says Nuclear Pulse after spines are destroyed. It should just say Nuclear Pulse.
There's a distinction between the GxK EMP (which the novelization states to be an EMP) and the Aftershock Nuclear Pulse. While I had modified it pre-GxK assuming it to be the NP, the revision back to "destroyed spines" was just part of the agreed on criteria for the technique. Evolved gets a pass since his body is regulated to handle the greater doses of nuclear energy coursing through his body, even if he never used it.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Image

User avatar
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5566
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:08 pm
Location: Under the Wild Montana Skies

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by ShinGojira14 »

KaijuX wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 3:46 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:16 pm Legendary Godzilla’s bio says Nuclear Pulse after spines are destroyed. It should just say Nuclear Pulse.
There's a distinction between the GxK EMP (which the novelization states to be an EMP) and the Aftershock Nuclear Pulse. While I had modified it pre-GxK assuming it to be the NP, the revision back to "destroyed spines" was just part of the agreed on criteria for the technique. Evolved gets a pass since his body is regulated to handle the greater doses of nuclear energy coursing through his body, even if he never used it.
But it can still be treated as a nuclear pulse, right? I mean, visually it is the same thing; it burns or blows up whatever’s around him. Hell, even Wikizilla states it as such.

https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Godzilla_(Mo ... lear_pulse
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Sat Jun 22, 2024 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

User avatar
Nagoda
Futurian
Posts: 3954
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:49 am
Location: Trapped in a white void as a chibi.
Contact:

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by Nagoda »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 4:36 pm
KaijuX wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 3:46 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:16 pm Legendary Godzilla’s bio says Nuclear Pulse after spines are destroyed. It should just say Nuclear Pulse.
There's a distinction between the GxK EMP (which the novelization states to be an EMP) and the Aftershock Nuclear Pulse. While I had modified it pre-GxK assuming it to be the NP, the revision back to "destroyed spines" was just part of the agreed on criteria for the technique. Evolved gets a pass since his body is regulated to handle the greater doses of nuclear energy coursing through his body, even if he never used it.
But it can still be treated as a nuclear pulse, right? I mean, visually it is the same thing; it burns or blows up whatever’s around him. Hell, even Wikizilla states it as such.

https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Godzilla_(Mo ... lear_pulse
The others are more AOE style pulses compared to Aftershocks more focused pulse.
Image
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
Image
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

User avatar
GZillaguy199
GPN Volunteer
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:12 pm

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by GZillaguy199 »

Not really an error but a suggestion since i couldn't find a thread but Should some of the Universal monsters list a skin section of what designs can be used for them?

User avatar
Gigantis
Sazer
Posts: 10649
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Nebula of the Orion

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by Gigantis »

GZillaguy199 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:15 am Not really an error but a suggestion since i couldn't find a thread but Should some of the Universal monsters list a skin section of what designs can be used for them?
You can click on their pictures and the skins allowed will pop up. Although admittedly newcomers might not be aware of that at first, so maybe throwing that tidbit on the FAQ page would be nice.
Last edited by Gigantis on Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

User avatar
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 6322
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Godzilla Earth
Contact:

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by KaijuX »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:28 pm
GZillaguy199 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:15 am Not really an error but a suggestion since i couldn't find a thread but Should some of the Universal monsters list a skin section of what designs can be used for them?
You can click on their pictures and the skins allowed will pop up. Although admittedly newcomers might not be aware of that at first, so maybe throwing that tidbit on the FAQ page would be nice.
Or re-reading it. ;) That part is already there.
How do I switch the main page banner? Or even alternate between the icons in the combatant pages?

For the main page banner, Ctrl+F5 on Windows devices, or Cmd+Shift+R on Mac to do a Hard Refresh. Keep in mind if you’re not seeing it as it should, make sure to clear your Cache and cookies to remove all the old data. If not, then it may take anywhere from 24 to 48 hours before you can see the page(s) as intended.

But for the other subpages, you can now freely click on the avatar of specific monsters and will result in a rotation!
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Image

Post Reply