GxK Physical Release

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Chaos Reincarnation
Interpol Agent

GxK Physical Release

Post by Chaos Reincarnation »

Anyone grab yours today? I got the steelbook for myself. it's pretty nice looking, extras are pretty much the same as the digital purchase but I'm happy to own it! Also it looks like there was a Monsterverse set that has all 5 movies in one, pretty convenient!

zukzilla
Monarch Researcher

Re: GxK Physical Release

Post by zukzilla »

I preorder GxK for Blu-ray on Amazon and it will be deliver by next Monday. I been looking for Steelbook from Walmart and that Steelbook been sold out for long while now.....

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'll be grabbing the 4K next check, ideally from a brick and mortar retailer.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I had preordered the steelbook from Walmart and it arrived yesterday. It looks quite nice.

Chaos Reincarnation
Interpol Agent

zukzilla wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:54 pm I preorder GxK for Blu-ray on Amazon and it will be deliver by next Monday. I been looking for Steelbook from Walmart and that Steelbook been sold out for long while now.....
Thats weird that you say that cause I got the only one at my walmart. Is this something that scalpers would even be going after????

zukzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by zukzilla »

Chaos Reincarnation wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:09 pm
zukzilla wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:54 pm I preorder GxK for Blu-ray on Amazon and it will be deliver by next Monday. I been looking for Steelbook from Walmart and that Steelbook been sold out for long while now.....
Thats weird that you say that cause I got the only one at my walmart. Is this something that scalpers would even be going after????
very likely, I am not only one who's having this issue.

Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Post by Handsome Shrek »

Went to Target after work today. There’s no more physical media there at all… yet they still sell records

We truly live in the twilight zone

This doesn’t bode well for Minus One’s Blu Ray (which I want even more)
Top five favorite Monsterverse titans:

1. Godzilla
2. King Ghidorah (#1 favorite MV design though)
3. Methuselah
4. Mecha-Godzilla
5. Doug

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:16 pm Went to Target after work today. There’s no more physical media there at all… yet they still sell records

We truly live in the twilight zone

This doesn’t bode well for Minus One’s Blu Ray (which I want even more)
Doesn't bode well how? Just preorder it on Amazon or something.

GodzillaIsCool
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaIsCool »

I got my 4k bluray today from Amazon

I haven't even watched the movie yet. Will watch this weekend maybe.

Chaos Reincarnation
Interpol Agent

The days of being able to go to a store to buy physical movies might be coming to an end soon. it might be all online ordering in the next ten years.... even FYE mostly sells novelty stuff more then actual movies now.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I just got it yesterday.

GodzillaIsCool
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaIsCool »

https://i.imgur.com/O1Ydljd.mp4

Video presentation was good. Good color brightness. Audio is a little overwhelming in the bass department but it is good enough. Nothing beats 2014's Audio in the series.

Movie itself was whatever.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I got the last 4K at Walmart. I had to do some digging; it had been dropped and was laying underneath the shelf. A little dusty but no damage, so I bought it. I'm glad to have it, but it pisses me off that the title on the spine is small and white while the Blu-ray got the bigger, flashier purple title. It's a little cosmetic thing, but shelf presentation matters. It looks bland next to KSI, KOTM, and GvK. It does make a nice bookend set with G14, though, so there's that.

gojiwr20
Monsterland Worker

Post by gojiwr20 »

JAGzilla wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:44 am I got the last 4K at Walmart. I had to do some digging; it had been dropped and was laying underneath the shelf. A little dusty but no damage, so I bought it. I'm glad to have it, but it pisses me off that the title on the spine is small and white while the Blu-ray got the bigger, flashier purple title. It's a little cosmetic thing, but shelf presentation matters. It looks bland next to KSI, KOTM, and GvK. It does make a nice bookend set with G14, though, so there's that.
I will say the 4K Steelbook does have a Blue/Purple design to the spine, so if you don't mind paying... Over 70$... It does match a bit better.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

gojiwr20 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:24 pm
JAGzilla wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:44 am I got the last 4K at Walmart. I had to do some digging; it had been dropped and was laying underneath the shelf. A little dusty but no damage, so I bought it. I'm glad to have it, but it pisses me off that the title on the spine is small and white while the Blu-ray got the bigger, flashier purple title. It's a little cosmetic thing, but shelf presentation matters. It looks bland next to KSI, KOTM, and GvK. It does make a nice bookend set with G14, though, so there's that.
I will say the 4K Steelbook does have a Blue/Purple design to the spine, so if you don't mind paying... Over 70$... It does match a bit better.
Oof. Tempting, but not tempting at all actually. That thing better come with a graphic novel and a Bandai figure to justify a pricetag like that. :lol:

gojiwr20
Monsterland Worker

Post by gojiwr20 »

JAGzilla wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:16 pm
gojiwr20 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:24 pm
Oof. Tempting, but not tempting at all actually. That thing better come with a graphic novel and a Bandai figure to justify a pricetag like that. :lol:
Hey give it a few weeks the JP Blu Ray might just come with exactly that