Kaiju No. 8 Anime

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Kaiju No. 8 Anime

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Jomei wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:56 pm Another exciting episode this week.
Spoiler:
Kafka spilled the spaghetti earlier than I was expecting, so I guess we'll be going through the "kill or don't kill the MC with dangerous super power" trope next ep.
Definitely hooked now. Solid B+ or so level anime but of course with the bonus points for being KAIJU. :pelops2:
Yeah surprised they did that so soon.Happy how those events all unfolded though.
Spoiler:
Will it be Kafka defending himself against a weakened team? Will Kafka go into hiding for a while, while he's being hunted? Or will something else pop in?

The show, don't know about the manga, is really good with cliffhangers. Each episode ends on a hook that wants me to see what's next.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

For those who read the manga, how many chapters does Season 1 cover? Still working my way through Volume 3.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Another enjoyable episode. As much as it leans into familiar tropes, there's enough unique about the designs and just enough character development to keep it from feeling stale.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

zukzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by zukzilla »

Spoiler:
I feel Kajiu No. 2 is a tribute to Godzilla, he awfully reminds me of him.

Graham90
Young Farmer

Post by Graham90 »

I, personally, do not understand how anyone could complain about Kafka's character. I actually find him very relatable. He's surrounded by gifted and adept youngsters who practically walked through their exams and he has almost nothing to bring to the table except his depth of character, which ends up being the only reason he was able to overcome. What makes him special is his heart, which again, is another Shonen trope, but it's done excellently. While I don't think the current sense of humor in the story will change, I do feel like that next season, especially by the end of it, his character will be much more confident and hardened knowing that he's found his place (and is probably extremely good at it).