If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Re: If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:12 pm Crossing my fingers neither him nor Scylla make it into the KWC…
Alright I am curious, jokes aside, why?

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

FatBaconUnicorn wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:56 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:12 pm Crossing my fingers neither him nor Scylla make it into the KWC…
Scylla adds nothing to the table that Kumonga doesn’t already do but better. She just existed briefly in her debut film, then just as briefly got her shit stomped in by Godzilla in GxK.

And Kaiju No. 10, so I or someone else can make an April Fool’s match where he fights like absolute hell just to get into the KWC—only to get murked by the one Kaiju in the roster who hasn’t even gotten a single win yet.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

VegetableBooy
Interpol Agent

Post by VegetableBooy »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:49 pm
Scylla adds nothing to the table that Kumonga doesn’t already do but better. She just existed briefly in her debut film, then just as briefly got her shit stomped in by Godzilla in GxK.

And Kaiju No. 10, so I or someone else can make an April Fool’s match where he fights like absolute hell just to get into the KWC—only to get murked by the one Kaiju in the roster who hasn’t even gotten a single win yet.
Skullcrawler vs Kaiju No. 10, let’s go!

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:49 pm
Being serious here as I do want to throw my two cents in this.

I wouldn't necessarily say Scylla shouldn't make it because of that. Personal preference, I get, but, and this is coming from my perspective, I don't think you need a huge list of powers/abilities to get into the roster. I think there can be other factors like story and character potential or at least putting up a decent fight. We have characters in the roster and coming up that have the same amount of abilities and people can do fantastic things with them. As long as it's not something completely tiny (Doug; even though we should get him on the actual roster), nothing to demonstrate whatsoever (Rodan SP) or useless (Zilla).

I don't see that as an actual reason to disqualify her as by that logic we should get rid of certain combats and forms like the Final Wars monsters (Except Monster X and Gigan 2), Rodan Legendary (That guy got his shit kicked in twice!), Varan, and so on.

Scylla, while not a priority in terms of the "Legendary Reiwa" era, as I like to call this era we're in right now, shouldn't be overlooked. Even if her appearances are brief, she is still a pretty unique kaiju if you ask me.

And before y'all ask, this is not confirmation on anything, just as I said, throwing my two cents on the subject.
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

Tbf Doug isn't even that tiny. In GXK he seemed like he's long as Kong is tall. I don't think he'd be like. A perfect fighter, but maybe as a Kong assist? Idk Doug can be explored.

Unless he's already an assist and I overlooked it. A'doy.

Edit: Pookie IS an assist. Good for him!

I think Scylla has merit because she's done more than BUMhemoth. All Behemoth has done is walk around, get his shit slapped in a comic, and go to bed. Scylla at least seems to be a very aggressive tooth (tentacles?) and claw fighter and can seemingly shoot web? Idk would be fun. A more aggressive Kumonga?
Last edited by Moth on Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

GZillaguy199
GPN Volunteer

Post by GZillaguy199 »

Moth wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:41 am Tbf Doug isn't even that tiny. In GXK he seemed like he's long as Kong is tall. I don't think he'd be like. A perfect fighter, but maybe as a Kong assist? Idk Doug can be explored.

Unless he's already an assist and I overlooked it. A'doy.

Edit: Pookie IS an assist. Good for him!

I think Scylla has merit because she's done more than BUMhemoth. All Behemoth has done is walk around, get his shit slapped in a comic, and go to bed. Scylla at least seems to be a very aggressive tooth (tentacles?) and claw fighter and can seemingly shoot web? Idk would be fun. A more aggressive Kumonga?
I am also in favor for Scylla being added, she has had more appearances than Behemoth when factoring comic apperances in and uses her legs more agressively than kumonga and worth noting she has the ability to manipulate temperatures to either cold or warm which maybe could play a factor in the battlefield

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Also a poison breath that can be used to feed on radiation, or slow people like The Flash down.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

Since we're using crossovers not done by Toho but had a Toho beastie appear.... where does this leave Ready Player One? I assume it falls into "discussed, not allowed" but man, RX-78-2 and The Iron Giant would be fun
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Moth wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:58 pm Since we're using crossovers not done by Toho but had a Toho beastie appear.... where does this leave Ready Player One? I assume it falls into "discussed, not allowed" but man, RX-78-2 and The Iron Giant would be fun
If RX- Gundam is in Super Robot Wars Omega, we could get him regardless. Basically any mech from that game is on the table.

TBH I don't really know how much Iron Giant could stand out amongst the crowd though, power wise at least.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

VegetableBooy
Interpol Agent

Post by VegetableBooy »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:58 pm TBH I don't really know how much Iron Giant could stand out amongst the crowd though, power wise at least.
You don’t want Iron Giant in because he doesn’t have anything that makes him stand out in terms of power.

I don’t want him in because I feel having him in a fighting context at all goes against his movie’s message.

We are not the same.

Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

Iron Giant is interesting for story potential. It's less 'I want to write The Iron Giant as a killing machine' and more 'I want him to shake hands with Ultraman'. Less fighter clearance, more setting clearance.

VegetableBooy
Interpol Agent

Post by VegetableBooy »

Moth wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:20 pm Iron Giant is interesting for story potential. It's less 'I want to write The Iron Giant as a killing machine' and more 'I want him to shake hands with Ultraman'. Less fighter clearance, more setting clearance.
As nice as moments like that would be, putting him in the KWC at all, no matter the context of the story he’s featured in, would have to at some point focus on him being a gun, the complete antithesis to his original source material.

Every match we’ve written has had to have scenes of combat within it, and getting the Giant involved in that sort of thing would either make it a horrendous stomp if you wish to stay accurate, or just have him resort to violence, something completely against his source material’s message in the KWC, a lot of it trying to be as respectful to the franchises involved as possible. He’s still gonna have those weapons listed in his stats, as well as the amount of times he’s either used them to win a fight or lost with or without them.

This isn’t a problem I have with the KWC, it just rubs me the wrong way because I feel that these two cannot mix without feeling disrespectful to even a small degree. It’s why I’ve sworn never to use him in the KWCE, while I do understand his inclusion.
Last edited by VegetableBooy on Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Moth wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:58 pm Since we're using crossovers not done by Toho but had a Toho beastie appear.... where does this leave Ready Player One? I assume it falls into "discussed, not allowed" but man, RX-78-2 and The Iron Giant would be fun
RPO is allowed, yes (the movie. Novel is a real gray area, don’t expect anything exclusive from that). Future Gundams are dependent on how people receive V Gundam. If he languishes in nothingness for years on end, there’d be no real point to adding more Gundams if the audience clearly don’t care for them. Iron Giant… no clue. He’s somewhere in a big pool of characters that the answer is “maybe”. Probably will go on the survey alongside others to be like “who do you want most in the KWC”, see what others think. Could sway us enough on some we’re on the fence about.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GZillaguy199
GPN Volunteer

Post by GZillaguy199 »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:58 pm
If RX- Gundam is in Super Robot Wars Omega, we could get him regardless. Basically any mech from that game is on the table.

TBH I don't really know how much Iron Giant could stand out amongst the crowd though, power wise at least.
RX doesn't appear in X Omega unfortunately,

As for the Iron Giant i feel he does have some unique weapons with one of his arm guns literally shrinking a tank into nothing maybe we could lift some moves from Multiversus, what he might lack in unique powers could make up for his personality and how he might interact with other characters or Kaiju.

I personally could see him teaming up with Showa Gamera, Singular Point Jet Jaguar and Monsterverse Kong on different occasions.

Maybe have a match with him fighting Bagorah in Australia as a homage to the original Iron Man story he was based on which featured the Space Bat-Angel-Dragon.

As for Ready Player One i personally would want to see Rexy and Harryhausens Cyclops since they both appear in the film but Rexy is just a T-Rex and the Cyclops doesnt have any standout powers either so probably a no go.

if we can pull from Ready Player One then could we use the Ready Player One Mechagodzilla as well?
VegetableBooy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:54 am
Moth wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:20 pm Iron Giant is interesting for story potential. It's less 'I want to write The Iron Giant as a killing machine' and more 'I want him to shake hands with Ultraman'. Less fighter clearance, more setting clearance.
As nice as moments like that would be, putting him in the KWC at all, no matter the context of the story he’s featured in, would have to at some point focus on him being a gun, the complete antithesis to his original source material.

Every match we’ve written has had to have scenes of combat within it, and getting the Giant involved in that sort of thing would either make it a horrendous stomp if you wish to stay accurate, or just have him resort to violence, something completely against his source material’s message in the KWC, a lot of it trying to be as respectful to the franchises involved as possible. He’s still gonna have those weapons listed in his stats, as well as the amount of times he’s either used them to win a fight or lost with or without them.

This isn’t a problem I have with the KWC, it just rubs me the wrong way because I feel that these two cannot mix without feeling disrespectful to even a small degree. It’s why I’ve sworn never to use him in the KWCE, while I do understand his inclusion.
I don't think him fighting a monster if it ultimately is an end to protect others goes against his movie’s message. him being a gun was more or less about him rejecting what his creators originally intended being an invader superweapon sent to attack humanity i don't think it equals him being a total pacifist, The Giant went out of his way to protect people from a nuke sacrificing himself even, i don't think it would be out of character for him to bring himself to fight a kaiju or a villain, i just don't see him just sitting around and doing nothing if he found himself in a scenario like that.

He wants to be like Superman afterall..
Last edited by GZillaguy199 on Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:32 am, edited 6 times in total.

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

VegetableBooy wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:33 pm I don’t want him in because I feel having him in a fighting context at all goes against his movie’s message.

VegetableBooy
Interpol Agent

Post by VegetableBooy »

FatBaconUnicorn wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:13 am
VegetableBooy wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:33 pm I don’t want him in because I feel having him in a fighting context at all goes against his movie’s message.
I am well aware of Multiversus’ existence, and I am fine with the game itself, just personally not into his inclusion. It has the same problem as my more detailed explanation as to why I don’t want him in the KWC because no matter what kind of character moments he can have, he’s still at the end of the day in a context where his capacity for violence is primarily focused on.
Last edited by VegetableBooy on Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

VegetableBooy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:05 am
I am well aware of Multiversus’ existence, and I am fine with it, just personally not into his inclusion.
I was more so saying that the moral of his story doesn't super matter when he can be in a fighting game, and I lean towards Moth's thinking with story for the character. I would love to see him attempt to redeem Godzilla or shake hands with Ultraman, a lot of character interaction potential

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I believe you can have Iron Giant fight without it being a betrayal of its character. Combat pacifists are a trope in fiction and you can totally go for it trying to save its foes or just protect innocent people sort of vibe in fights.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

VegetableBooy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:05 am
I am well aware of Multiversus’ existence, and I am fine with the game itself, just personally not into his inclusion. It has the same problem as my more detailed explanation as to why I don’t want him in the KWC because no matter what kind of character moments he can have, he’s still at the end of the day in a context where his capacity for violence is primarily focused on.
Iron Giant: You don’t have to be a gun.

Ready Player One:
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

godjacob wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:16 am I believe you can have Iron Giant fight without it being a betrayal of its character. Combat pacifists are a trope in fiction and you can totally go for it trying to save its foes or just protect innocent people sort of vibe in fights.
1000% with this here. Just because a character is a pacifist doesn't mean they can't fight or that it'd be out of character for them to fight. There are absolutely ways around it to where you can get a character like the Giant into a fight. It's also important to keep the distinction between "fighting" and "killing". Iron Giant could get into a bunch of fights, but the point would be how would those fights be resolved. Plus, it's also fun to test the limits--not just speaking on terms of the Giant, but any pacifist character in general--of how far you can push them, or how well they can hold their own. A character like Ultraman Cosmos is pretty much a perfect go-to example of combat pacifism.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.