Reincarnation/Rinne (2005)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Chaos Reincarnation
Interpol Agent

Reincarnation/Rinne (2005)

Post by Chaos Reincarnation »

I had this saved in my "watch later" on youtube for who knows how long. So long I forgot it was even there but honestly I was pretty impressed. Kind of a hidden gem of J-Horror, apparently it's part of an anthology of J-horror movies by different directors being the 3rd of 6. This one was directed by Takashi Shimizu (The Ju-On/Grudge movies.) And gotta say it's extremely well done and a pretty original plot. Basically you're following a new actress on the set of a movie about a real life murder back in the 70's. Not to spoil anything but lets just say they all end up having a connection to this murder scene, the title is a big hint. It's got a lot of good creepy shots and scenes and even some good jumps or spine chilling shots. I havn't seen any other movies in this collection but I'm eager too. You can find this one to buy or rent on youtube. If you like The Grudge movies or other movies of the genre and time I highly suggest this one.

The one on youtube is the miramax so the year is not listed as 2005 but it is subbed, no idea if a dub exists.

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Re: Reincarnation/Rinne (2005)

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Nice. The information I needed to know is there. Thank you Chaos.
Spine chilling shots > jumpscares
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

Chaos Reincarnation
Interpol Agent

Re: Reincarnation/Rinne (2005)

Post by Chaos Reincarnation »

Hope you both enjoy!