Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
B34sT
Interpol Agent

Re: Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

Post by B34sT »

At least in the 6” scale. Playmates has a 2” Wartdog already

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Dang, haven't kept up with this line at all, but I might have to pick up the Kong (without the stupid robo arm) and Mothra when they come out! I have the Bandai Kong from 2021, but I'm not too keen on him.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

GodzillaKong54
Yojimbo

Post by GodzillaKong54 »

B34sT wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:42 pm At least in the 6” scale. Playmates has a 2” Wartdog already
I’m talking just six inch figures. I want a wart dog from the 6 inch line to scale with my six inch kongs. Not a 2 inch that doesn’t look like the wart dog

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Post by WarpedBandicoot99 »

I think the 2" Hellhawk from the GVK toyline scales pretty well with the 6" line, I thought they made the 2" Wartdog for the same reasons until I saw the movie. The Wartdogs are almost as big as Kong, so hopefully wave 2 gives us a bigger, more film-accurate version although I do expect another Godzilla variant.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

As I understand, the next wave has 6 figures (Kong, Tiamat, and Mothra already shown off) and there is still the bucket of monsters and the Titan-sized Kong and Godzilla on the way. The person from Target I spoke to said there were a couple more unnamed items in the system as well.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

GodzillaKong54
Yojimbo

Post by GodzillaKong54 »

Fermix wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:16 pm As I understand, the next wave has 6 figures (Kong, Tiamat, and Mothra already shown off) and there is still the bucket of monsters and the Titan-sized Kong and Godzilla on the way. The person from Target I spoke to said there were a couple more unnamed items in the system as well.
Hopefully Scylla and the other titans are those unnamed ones. Hopefully they release before September as well

Gojirasaur
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirasaur »

Fermix wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:16 pm As I understand, the next wave has 6 figures (Kong, Tiamat, and Mothra already shown off) and there is still the bucket of monsters and the Titan-sized Kong and Godzilla on the way. The person from Target I spoke to said there were a couple more unnamed items in the system as well.
Unnamed? What info DID they see for those? A DPCI?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I don’t expect a wave without Godzilla of some kind.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Gojirasaur wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:59 am
Just some generic placeholder name along with a DPCI. When Tiamat was revealed they said that the remaining figures would include both expected and unexpected figures. Then Mothra showed up, and like UltramanGoji says, I would expect Godzilla. Scylla is the only other character I would expect, which leads me to think we might get Behemoth even though he hasn't shown up since 2019 (that didn't matter for the 2" GvK line from Playmates).
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Kagutaba
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kagutaba »

Fermix wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:33 am
Just some generic placeholder name along with a DPCI. When Tiamat was revealed they said that the remaining figures would include both expected and unexpected figures. Then Mothra showed up, and like UltramanGoji says, I would expect Godzilla. Scylla is the only other character I would expect, which leads me to think we might get Behemoth even though he hasn't shown up since 2019 (that didn't matter for the 2" GvK line from Playmates).
Behemoth was actually going to be in GvK, back when the radio towers and anatomech subplots still existed, so Behemoth wouldn't make sense for a GxK wave.

Given there's a lot of doubt we'll see a Scylla figure I'd wager a bet and say the unexpected figure will be it, the Parrot Frog, Vertacine, or Drown Viper. Maybe even a Wart Dog.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

We'll get the sinch ape or the one Kong ko'ed lol.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sun May 26, 2024 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Post by WarpedBandicoot99 »

Hm, I actually wonder if they'll do any of the Great Apes, either individual ones or a generic one to encourage army-building.

GodzillaKong54
Yojimbo

Post by GodzillaKong54 »

You would think they would do multiple repaints of a great ape figure so you could build an army. I hope that Happens. Also it would be nice to see a Godzilla blue atomic pulse figure! Like I need a figure of that from the playmates line. I just hope Scylla is made because she played a good role and deserves a figure

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

They should do a two-pack of two differently painted/sculpted apes with frost spears so you can army build them and have variation. A two pack would be great because you could have one on each side of Skar King.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Kagutaba wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:21 am
Fermix wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:33 am

Behemoth was actually going to be in GvK, back when the radio towers and anatomech subplots still existed, so Behemoth wouldn't make sense for a GxK wave.

Given there's a lot of doubt we'll see a Scylla figure I'd wager a bet and say the unexpected figure will be it, the Parrot Frog, Vertacine, or Drown Viper. Maybe even a Wart Dog.
Could you either send me or direct me to where I can read the full details of the earlier GvK script? Was the full script ever found?

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

Preorders are popping up for “Titan Size” figures. It looks like 24” Godzilla and Kong coming Q4.