Would you add or take away any monters in "Destroy All Monsters"?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Would you add or take away any monter/monsters in "Destroy a

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Follinollante wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:27 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:56 pm the Kilaakians should have deployed two Moguera alongside him.
My goodness, Moguera in DAM would have been absolutely awesome.
Would have been so easy to add too. Assuming the suit was in good enough condition.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:38 am
Follinollante wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:27 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:56 pm the Kilaakians should have deployed two Moguera alongside him.
My goodness, Moguera in DAM would have been absolutely awesome.
Would have been so easy to add too. Assuming the suit was in good enough condition.
I thought about it and I wouldn't like Ghidorah to be helped or aided by any monsters. More or different monsters on the "good team" would be okay, but I think part of the amusement of the DAM finale is see Ghidorah blast away and beat up a bunch of monsters solo, before being utterly obliterated into the ground later.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gojira1604
G-Grasper

Post by Gojira1604 »

Would've had Manda be more prominent in the fight. Might've added Kong only for him to die early from a barrage of Ghidorah's gravity bolts. Giving Ghidorah some credibility as a threat.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:46 amCan we be realistic here? What are Ebirah and Magma going to do in a battle against Ghidorah?
If Minya and Mothra Larva can be involved in the fight and get out of it without a scratch, then Ebirah and Maguma shouldn't have much issue. And I imagine their pincers and tusks would be useful in battle.
Legion1979 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:46 amHow would the water bound Ebirah even work in a scenario like that?
Crustaceans can walk on land, you know. And if you mean specifically how they'd make it look on-screen, special effects-wise... I dunno, just picture a bigger Mothra Larva but with arms.
Legion1979 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:46 amAnd for those who keep bringing up the Gargantuas, the idea of blowing them up to 50 meters and somehow making Gairah one of the good guys fighting King Ghidorah doesn't sit right to me.
Right? What's next, changing King Kong from 50 feet to 45 meters just so he can fight Godzilla? Nonsense, I say! :P

Also, Kumonga, Baragon, Gorosaurus, Manda, and Varan were all "bad guys." Even Godzilla and Rodan were, once upon a time. Besides, whether they're good or bad doesn't really matter, since the humans were mind controlling the monsters into fighting Ghidorah, anyway.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

There's a difference between the other monsters who were bad guys and Galiah, whose entire thing was that he was the evil brother of Sanda, who was good. Reforming him completely destroyed what he is. What makes the Gargantuas fun is the relationship they have with each other. If Gallah wasn't a nasty, people eating bastard he'd stop being fun.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The kaiju were under human control. If they had used Gaira, he would've been acting under that control. Once the fire dragon destroyed the machine, he'd likely lose interest and leave the attack to the others.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

An invisible man can rule the world. Nobody will see him come; Nobody will see him go. He can hear every secret. He can rob, wreck and kill.

Titanodon
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanodon »

I'd add an enlargened Sanda and Gaira, aswell as Ebirah and Maguma. I'd also give Varan, Manda and Baragon more screen time. Maybe have Maguma, Ebirah and Manda attack a coastal city. Have Varan and Baragon attack London and Greenland respectively. The Gargantuas would just be ignored as the Kilaaks would think they're not important. Maybe make them fight against some Kilaak weaponry. I'd also add 3 Showa Mogueras to assist Ghidorah and give him more of a fighting chance. Might aswell give the roster a big beef-up if it's going to be called "Destroy All Monsters". For what was going to be the last Godzilla movie, they might aswell go all out
Last edited by Titanodon on Sat May 04, 2024 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Sanda would fill the role better and just leave Gaira dead in my book. As for Maguma and Ebirah they were in the original draft so they were going to be used orginally.

The way DAM was filmed I would have just thrown them on screen since some kaiju were just supporting against Ghidorah anyway.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sun May 05, 2024 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Come to think of it, maybe instead of using Sanda or Gaira, maybe it would make more sense to have Frankenstein show up again? At least then you wouldn't be putting a strain on the "good/evil" dynamic.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gigantis wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:05 pm Come to think of it, maybe instead of using Sanda or Gaira, maybe it would make more sense to have Frankenstein show up again? At least then you wouldn't be putting a strain on the "good/evil" dynamic.
In a dream world, Kong Godzilla and Frankenstein on screen together against Ghidorah would have been epic.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sun May 05, 2024 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

barondoggy
Samurai

Re: Would you add or take away any monter/monsters in "Destr

Post by barondoggy »

Vlorsutes wrote: Mon May 06, 2013 2:14 am I wouldn't add or remove any monsters, but some of the ones that have cameo scenes, such as Baragon and Varan, I'd like to see have more active roles. I could see, at the end, King Ghidorah takes to the air, and Varan and Rodan together force it back to the ground. Then, when on the ground, Baragon coordinates with Gorosaurus as the former begins to start tunneling below Ghidorah to weaken its footing just as Gorosaurus does his kangaroo kick to knock him to the ground.

There was just a lot of potential lost with having a number of the monsters do absolutely nothing.
That's what I was thinking. Also, Varan should have had a bigger role because of "seniority" like Angilas, who got a new monster costume for "DESTROY ALL MONSTERS". As it was, all we got was the Varan puppet used for gliding scenes.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Re: Would you add or take away any monters in "Destroy All Monsters"?

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I'd be willing to ditch Baragon and Varan in favor of the likes of Ebirah or Kamacuras if it meant them doing something in the movie, even if they probably wouldn't have participated in the final battle. Ebirah could have destroyed the ocean liner in Godzilla's place, and Kamacuras could have perhaps stalked our heroes at Mt. Fuji (though I know the puppeteering process was a time-consuming one).
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

MaxRebo320 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:20 pm Kamacuras could have perhaps stalked our heroes at Mt. Fuji (though I know the puppeteering process was a time-consuming one).
Kamacura would've worked well in that scene, although it would have given Akira Kubo deja vu.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

An invisible man can rule the world. Nobody will see him come; Nobody will see him go. He can hear every secret. He can rob, wreck and kill.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Instead of adding or subtracting I'd rather in a dream world the final battle is extended to let Ghidorah fight all of the kaiju instead of others sitting around. Ghidorah could run off Baragon, Manda and Varan while Mothra, Rodan and Kumonga could have actually done something in the fight, kinda like the set photo shows.

AS I said above the only thing we are really missing is Kong just for a celebration of monsters film but if Frankenstein could have also been there that would have been an iconic moment.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I could just see Frank charging in to grab KG's middle head after Gorosaurus sends him down.

Officer Cornjob
Ronin

Post by Officer Cornjob »

I wish we could have gotten the Gargantuas and ESPECIALLY King Kong as I've seen rumored. If I had to take away anyone to accomplish this, the easy answer is Baragon, Varan and Manda since they didn't factor into the battle or the story at all.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Manda did participate in the attack on Tokyo, and Baragon was supposed to be the one that destroyed the Arc de Triumph. Varan, however, is easily removable.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Depressing to think you could cut the film down to Godzilla, Rodan, Anguirus and Ghidorah and it really wouldn't actually change anything.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Gotta agree with the last two above me. The question/problem is less of who else to add or take out, more of, how to give the already shown monsters more meaningful things to do.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

JVM wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:50 pm Depressing to think you could cut the film down to Godzilla, Rodan, Anguirus and Ghidorah and it really wouldn't actually change anything.
No you can't. Minilla is the one that killed Ghidorah.

In all seriousness I guess you can replace Gorosaurus with Rodan in the final battle.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image