Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Angilasman
G-Grasper

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by Angilasman »

Hell yeah! Never saw Taiga, too, so that's a bonus for a first release!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Fantastic news! I was worried there wouldn't be any more.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I've only got their Ultra Q, original Ultraman and Ultraman Ace releases. I never checked out Taiga. But I've got to get through more of the classics before I want to move on to anymore recent stuff.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Taiga is good but Z is where my money goes first hopefully. Then probably Trigger collecting dust lol
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

I wonder if they waited 'till a certain point to make the deal so Blazar and the Blazar movie would be available to license together?

Still very affordable priced. The only thing comparable in the price range are Discotek's SD on Blu-ray (so, a single disc) releases.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

^ I'm thinking that's probably pretty accurate. We should be getting everything released from 2019 (Taiga) through the Blazar Movie which was just released a couple months ago (early 2024). Anythign starting with Arc & After would come in yet another deal later.

But while I'm happy to add all the newer stuff to my collection. I'm more hopeful some of the rights issues on older stuff might have been worked out.

Andro Melos
The Ultraman Story (Movie)
Ultraman: The Adventure begins
Ultra Q: The Movie
Ultraman Great
Ultraman Powered
Heisei UltraSeven
Ultraman Tiga: The Final Odyssey
Ultra Q: Dark Fantasy
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ I'd love all those! Heisei Ultraseven and the Ultra Q movie are my most wanted.

... but there's non-Ultra Tsuburaya stuff I would also like, particularly Operation: Mystery, Fireman, and Mirrorman.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Oh man, there's a TON of Non-Ultra TPC older classic series Id love to have, but I assume that would be a whole other deal, and probably be more difficult to negotiate.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I think that as long as Mill Creek does right with Tsuburaya and doesn't do anything completely stupid that would potentially offend them, there should be no trouble and no problems.

A prime example of what I'm trying to say here is what happened between Toho and Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock in the end (I just wish that they had released that CD of the Godzilla vs. Megalon Japanese soundtrack before everything went south for them; I wanted that one so bad).
Last edited by mikelcho on Wed May 22, 2024 1:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I still wouldn't get your hopes up for the Ultra Q movie, considering TsuPro doesn't own it at all. I can't imagine USA, Great and Powered being too hard to acquire, however.

And I don't see any reason why obtaining the rights to non-Ultraman shows would be difficult. My only concern would be a perceived lack-of-interest among potential buyers. But there's no reason not to at least release Mirrorman, considering a (albeit sloppy) subtitled version was streaming on Toku.
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Wed May 22, 2024 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

MaxRebo320 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:24 pm I still wouldn't get your hopes up for the Ultra Q movie, considering TsuPro doesn't own it at all. I can't imagine USA, Great and Powered being too hard to acquire, however.
Isn't it owned by SEGA?

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Angilasman wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:34 pmIsn't it owned by SEGA?
I'm not actually sure who the current rights holders are; it was a co-production between Tsuburaya Entertainment (not Productions), SEGA, Shochiku and Tohokushinsha Film, with Shochiku distributing it. Bandai Visual (who also release the Ultraman shows/movies on home video) released it on DVD in 2005. I would love for it to one day get a US Blu-Ray release through a boutique label, as it's a genuinely great movie. But regardless of who the current owner is, it isn't TsuPro.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

USA got a Blu-ray release in Japan, so hopefully we can see the same over here for it.