Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GojiLalo
Young Farmer

Re: Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

Post by GojiLalo »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:59 pm I wonder if this retroactively confirms Mecha Godzilla.
Maybe, in one of the pics you can see a suspicious pair of red lights...

I just got the Skullcrawler a week ago and it's my favorite Hiya so far, pretty excited for number 10

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Mechagodzilla was one of the first things they hinted at when they got the license.

That said, the Hiya version would have to be a big improvement over the SHMA version for me to get it. My SHMA didn't have any QC issues, and it's a pretty great figure. Unless the Hiya includes some great accessories (an interchangeable split head for the new Skullcrawler, torn-off MG head, etc.), I don't know that I'll bite.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

What is your preference….Number 10 paint scheme or classic?

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Does the Hiya Toys website trigger anyone else's antivirus?

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

While I'd be much more excited for something like the male MUTO, the fact that there are now going to be TWO articulated figures of Skullcrawlers makes me very happy.
I'm also surprised we haven't seen Mechagodzilla yet, given how early on they teased him. Maybe they ran afoul of Bandai somehow, or the sculpt engineering wasn't up to par?

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Definitely excited to see how the official release of KG will be considering how great it looks. Not really going to compare it to the SHMA though considering that was released like 12 years ago but definitely looks incredible from the promo shots. Got myself my first Hiya Godzilla and will say I'm highly impressed with what they are doing with these figures.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

king_ghidorah wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:30 am What is your preference….Number 10 paint scheme or classic?
Number 10 looks like it could be some sort of retro color version, or a sunset color Skullcrawler...it's weird

So that one

That being said, I don't understand why this new toy has the same, average $51 price tag when it's smaller

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

king_ghidorah wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:30 am What is your preference….Number 10 paint scheme or classic?
I've got the Skull Devil which fulfills the need for the classic look. Number 10's unique and won't have me thinking I've bought another Skull Devil.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:47 pm
Number 10 looks like it could be some sort of retro color version, or a sunset color Skullcrawler...it's weird

So that one

That being said, I don't understand why this new toy has the same, average $51 price tag when it's smaller
Most likely cause it seems to have improved neck articulation and the posable tongue is a new addition that the previous one didn’t have.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

Guaranteed, Hiya is gonna finally unveil their Mechagodzilla the day after I get my hands on the SHMA.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Rody wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:39 am While I'd be much more excited for something like the male MUTO, the fact that there are now going to be TWO articulated figures of Skullcrawlers makes me very happy.
I'm also surprised we haven't seen Mechagodzilla yet, given how early on they teased him. Maybe they ran afoul of Bandai somehow, or the sculpt engineering wasn't up to par?
Given aside from their Robocop line and Power Loader from Aliens their wheelhouse seems more "creature/people" then "machine", I wouldn't be shocked if getting him on par was too much of an issue.

Anyway, looks nice but I prefer my KSI haha

RIP Evan.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:04 am Mechagodzilla was one of the first things they hinted at when they got the license.

That said, the Hiya version would have to be a big improvement over the SHMA version for me to get it. My SHMA didn't have any QC issues, and it's a pretty great figure. Unless the Hiya includes some great accessories (an interchangeable split head for the new Skullcrawler, torn-off MG head, etc.), I don't know that I'll bite.
I’m thinking the same. Hiya’s MG would have to absolutely be far and away a better figure than the SH for me to consider buying it. The SH version is such a stunning figure in person, that it really fulfills all of my wants for that version of the character.

#BotM

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

There are potential things that someone making a MechaGodzilla could do to make it different from SHMA’s version. Something Hiya could easily do is a beam effect. Maybe an articulated tail that could change to the drill version without having to exchange with a different piece. Though even a different piece would be nice. More articulated hands as well, again to match what the movie version can do. I could see also a different paint job that shows off the red lighting and maybe the blue Hollow Earth energy effects.

However there is one specific thing that would absolutely set it apart from the SHMA version. Though I don’t know if Hiya would do it, nor have they ever done it with any of their other franchises. I think introducing electronics to it, specifically electronic lights, would really set it apart. Imagine the actual red lighting as actual lights instead of paint. MechaGodzilla will already be bigger than the SHMA version if the Godzilla’s are anything to go by so there would be more room to work with. But, like I said, I don’t think they will go for doing electronics. But it would definitely be something to put it over SHMA’s version.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

You guys think they’ll do a retool of the KSI Kong somehow?

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

I’m pretty certain MG will be coming soon based on the new Skull Crawler. Why is it smaller? Well if the first SC was scaled with SI:K, then this one more than likely is scaled with something else and if they’re taking photos in the MG testing area, then well, you get the picture.

If Hiya can give MG an ab crunch and the tail being able to turn into the blade, I’ll be happy. Going to get that figure regardless.
:terrestris:

Kagutaba
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kagutaba »

The MA suffered from a joint tolerance defect in the tail causing breakage and fragile thigh pistons, just fixing those issues alone and including an ab crunch would place the Hiya above Tamashii's attempt.

I do also expect a photon beam and maybe more of the red paint the MA lacked. A better hand system would be nice too.
Last edited by Kagutaba on Tue May 21, 2024 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Platypus Prime
G-Force Personnel

Post by Platypus Prime »

Ok, looking at my own Monster Shelf, I actually have TWO things I am wondering about Hiya '91 Ghidorah:

How sturdy is their bendy wire and rubber, and just how tall ARE these, really? My main Godzilla is a Light/Sound/Music one about eight inches, it works well enough with the MA SCV Ghidorah 2019, I wasn't sure about Hiya, but I've heard they're in a larger scale than Monsterarts so it should blend too?

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:02 pm Ok, looking at my own Monster Shelf, I actually have TWO things I am wondering about Hiya '91 Ghidorah:

How sturdy is their bendy wire and rubber, and just how tall ARE these, really? My main Godzilla is a Light/Sound/Music one about eight inches, it works well enough with the MA SCV Ghidorah 2019, I wasn't sure about Hiya, but I've heard they're in a larger scale than Monsterarts so it should blend too?
I have both SHMA KOTM Ghidorah’s and Hiya Toys’ KOTM Ghidorah, and they are about the same size. If the Hiya one is bigger, it’s not super noticeable. If ‘91 is the same size as KOTM Ghidorah it will be about the same size as SHMA KOTM Ghidorah.
Last edited by Gojira2K on Thu May 23, 2024 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

Platypus Prime
G-Force Personnel

Post by Platypus Prime »

Thank you! Are the necks and tails as pop-prone?.My SCV tends to loose parts really easy.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:20 pm Thank you! Are the necks and tails as pop-prone?.My SCV tends to loose parts really easy.
Not mine. Especially the tails. Those things are not coming out no matter I do. Took like five minutes of heating up the tails to pop them in. But the heads do seems very sturdy though as well.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn