Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Kagutaba
GPN Volunteer

Re: Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

Post by Kagutaba »

Hiya continues to knock it out of the park, Ghidorah looks incredible! There were actually rumors of this guy along with a Heisei Burning Godzilla and Final Wars Gigan from the event Godzilla '91 was shown off, here's hoping they prove to be true.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Oooh boy. That is a sight to behold. Those necks look terrifying to pose, though; I don't know if I would have the courage to mess with them too much. Bendy wire wings are a cool idea, though.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Insta-buy. That looks perfect. And only $100? Hiya can do no wrong it seems.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Heisei KG looks absolutely superb, and the neck articulation looks far and away better than MV Ghidorah’s. The whole of the articulation does, for that matter lol.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Fri May 17, 2024 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Wire wings huh? Interesting.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Well seeing how I got the SHMA special color version with a broken wing, I can’t wait to replace it with this. If Hiya keeps the license in the long run, Im probably going to get rid of most of my MA’s.
:terrestris:

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out long term. In general I’m finding Hiya is really doing a great job hitting the balance I’m looking for between sculpt, articulation, and value. I could easily see myself eschewing SHMA in favor of Hiya. Heck, I kinda have already been choosing Bandai vinyls over SHMA in more and more cases this last year. And it comes down to prioritizing cost and durability over detail and articulation. But Hiya has the detail, decent articulation, and is still durable enough to actually take off the shelf and enjoy without fear of breaking something if you’re not being vigilant.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:39 am Just might be the best Heisei Ghidorah I've ever seen.
When it comes to these types of articulated figures, I agree. This completely blows away the SHMA KG (easily the worst figure of that line...the mouths of each head in particular were dreadful with opening/closing them and just looked off).
canofhumdingers wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:13 am It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out long term. In general I’m finding Hiya is really doing a great job hitting the balance I’m looking for between sculpt, articulation, and value. I could easily see myself eschewing SHMA in favor of Hiya.
Or just mix and mash them together and have the best of both worlds (they're both in the same scale or close to it, correct?).
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:34 am Or just mix and mash them together and have the best of both worlds (they're both in the same scale or close to it, correct?).
Hiya’s an inch or so taller than SHMA. Closer to the scale of NECA’s Pacific Rim line, around 7”.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

ebirahsmeg1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:34 am Or just mix and mash them together and have the best of both worlds (they're both in the same scale or close to it, correct?).
Well, yeah. I already have all my 6(ish) inch articulated figures together on on shelf. It’s a mishmash of SHMA, Neca, Chogokin, Hiya, etc.

I meant more in terms of future purchases. I skipped SHMA G’91 and the reissue Heisei MechaG and Rodan in favor of the new Bandai MMS figures. I’ve hesitated on the SHMA G’72 and Gigan long enough that I doubt I’ll ever pick them up. But if Hiya were to produce any of those I’d probably jump on them. Heck I just preordered the Hiya G’91 today to make sure I have it alongside this new Ghidorah.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

That Ghidorah is a surprise and it’s absolutely gorgeous.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

gojiwr20
GPN Volunteer

Post by gojiwr20 »

Kagutaba wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:32 am Hiya continues to knock it out of the park, Ghidorah looks incredible! There were actually rumors of this guy along with a Heisei Burning Godzilla and Final Wars Gigan from the event Godzilla '91 was shown off, here's hoping they prove to be true.
Any MV rumors or anything beyond that? I find it interesting we rarely get any rumors

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Are a lot of people getting their hands on these figures? I feel like I stumbled onto my Rodan figure earlier this year. I have a hard time getting hyped for these figures when they are revealed so far in advance before release (albeit didn’t realize months back that the 91Goji wouldn’t drop until 2025).

The new figure for Ghidorah does look pretty good. Only thing I have to look at more are the wings, which I thought looked smaller.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:23 pm Are a lot of people getting their hands on these figures? I feel like I stumbled onto my Rodan figure earlier this year. I have a hard time getting hyped for these figures when they are revealed so far in advance before release (albeit didn’t realize months back that the 91Goji wouldn’t drop until 2025).

The new figure for Ghidorah does look pretty good. Only thing I have to look at more are the wings, which I thought looked smaller.
I managed to snag a G19 last year, and KG this year, both from BBTS, so they’re definitely out there and seem pretty popular. Hiya do indeed announce some of their new stuff super early on, though. Like Heisei Ghidorah won’t be releasing until Q1 next year, which could be at any point from January to March.

#BotM

GZillaguy199
Samurai

Post by GZillaguy199 »

So is this gonna be the first Hiya that can look down?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:23 pm Are a lot of people getting their hands on these figures?
They're being offered on sites like BBTS and regularly sell out so I'd say so, yeah. I've got G19, Mothra and Rodan and they're fantastic. I've got Ghidorah and the Skull Devil in my Pile of Loot and will probably get them in hand around June.

Platypus Prime
G-Force Personnel

Post by Platypus Prime »

I have not purchased anything by Hiya but I have been wondering about a 'traditional' Ghidorah for a while. I have the MonsterArts SCV 2019 and love it, but as many have noted the wings are a bit of a hindrance at best. I have a wire that I use to loop under them for support on the shelf so he doesn't fall face first, the stands don't help much. I honestly hate bendy-wire, but it might be less likely to encumber it. Didn't Hiya's Rodan have a similar arrangement? How well did it seem to hold up?

A lack of effect parts isn't that important to me, I have other alternatives. I mainly just want for a Ghidorah decent size, posability, and bright gold.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Godzilla vs. Kong Skullcrawler coming soon!

EXQUISITE BASIC Series Skull Crawler figure standing at height of 11cm, length of 36cm, faithfully recreates the intricate appearance and colors of the character using original CG data from the film. With unique design, jointed upper and lower jaws allow for a wide-open mouth and terrifying teeth and tongue. Newly updated neck joint design for wider head-down range of motion. The soft rubber materials used for the tongue and inner mouth enhance the figure's lifelike quality, including additional interchangeable tongue with its PVC tail with wire inside provides a range of posing possibilities.

Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I wonder if this retroactively confirms Mecha Godzilla.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:59 pm I wonder if this retroactively confirms Mecha Godzilla.
Definitely possible. Could easily see the background being used for MechaGodzilla promo shots.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*