New Lord of The Rings film Coming in 2026

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

New Lord of The Rings film Coming in 2026

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Well guys after all these years of teasing by David Zaslav they're finally moving forward with the first of the new live action films with The Hunt for Gollum coming out in 2026 with Andy Serkis directing and Peter Jackson producing. As a huge Middle-Earth fan this very much has me cautiously optimistic that it will be good after being disappointed with the unrelated Amazon show.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.co ... 97102/amp/

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/stat ... vDwJg&s=19

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Re: New Lord of The Rings film Coming in 2026

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

This feels like God is punishing us.

Seriously, though. The last good Tolkien adaptation was Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings. Everything that's followed has just been awful. Video games, movies, shows, all of it. I just don't think the people behind these things are doing it because they're passionate about them or invested. They're all just so inauthentic. I'm content with Tolkien's books, the Rankin Bass movies and Peter Jackson's film trilogy. I hope anyone that's excited for this enjoys it, though.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^What if Japan tried doing Tolkien in the form of anime?

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:32 am This feels like God is punishing us.

Seriously, though. The last good Tolkien adaptation was Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings. Everything that's followed has just been awful. Video games, movies, shows, all of it. I just don't think the people behind these things are doing it because they're passionate about them or invested. They're all just so inauthentic. I'm content with Tolkien's books, the Rankin Bass movies and Peter Jackson's film trilogy. I hope anyone that's excited for this enjoys it, though.
Hey now, Shadow of Mordor was a good game.

Not a good adaption, mind you, but a good game.

But yeah, I get you. A Golem spinoff movie is a very crude and blatant cash grab.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Eh...like a decade ago I'd have been amped for more. Now though, not so much. I'd need a lot more positive signs and positive recent history to build any sort of confidence in quality at this point. I'm with HeiseiGodzilla117 on this - kind of already got the good content having read the books, watched the trilogy, and seen the old animation. I'm not sure if there's enough goodwill left to give the benefit of the doubt.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.