Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I posted about this in the other thread, but don't expect any updates on any Godzilla anime series until April 28th, when they'll have some sort of Godzilla event in Osaka. By that day, Minus One, Monarch, and GXK will all have aired globally, so Toho can start to indicate/roll out/hype up the next part of the series or what they'll do next.

Added in 1 minute 16 seconds:
Thatguy4683 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:06 pm Maybe it’s still in development some of these show take a very long time to make right? specially animated ones.
Yeah, as Tyrant Lizard King pointed out there was like a five year gap between OPM seasons. That being said, at least people knew that was happening.

It might also be a hard pill to swallow, but there's a chance Toho just wanted to do a completely new/different anime series moving forward. From March 25th it'll be three years since SP started airing.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

It’s crazy to think we had so many Godzilla related media coming out before November started last year. Now we’re almost already done with that run of content. Hopefully we hear something like SP season 2, or a different anime project to hold us over till the next live action Toho film and Monsterverse stuff.
Last edited by Cookson on Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

GZillaguy199
Samurai

Post by GZillaguy199 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:10 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:04 pm OK is there like any rumors of a second season Toho can’t just put this off with a cliffhanger right? They can’t cop this out like they did with Shin, (Great movie but with no Sequel)
No, no rumors. There was KDM, who has a spotty, but usually alright track record, of updates/rumors who said Season 2 was in development, but he quickly deleted it. Not indicative of anything either way.
KDM never deleted it.
https:// /KDM_Monsters/status/1555270937754361860
But whenever he get's asked about it all he says is "Radio Silence"

Toh Enjoe the writer of the show said he couldn't confirm or deny a sequel which was posted a few pages back but it was largely ignored for some reason.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

So it 50/50 chance it would happen. :\

GZillaguy199
Samurai

Post by GZillaguy199 »

No clue how much he can be trusted at all but Dman1954 claims he talked to people involved in Toho and said they told him to not count on a swcond season happening implying that it night have something to do on Netflix's end

But idk that smells a little bullcrap to me.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GZillaguy199 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:12 pm No clue how much he can be trusted at all but Dman1954 claims he talked to people involved in Toho and said they told him to not count on a swcond season happening implying that it night have something to do on Netflix's end

But idk that smells a little bullcrap to me.
I would not count that person as a reliable source. I have no clue what he means "talked to people involved at Toho" and it's such a vague statement that doesn't amount to much. "My uncle works at Nintendo vibes".

For the record, while I'm sure Netflix helped fund SP or whatever, I don't think Toho is entirely dependent on Netflix for anything. With LOM (remember that Toho licensed out Godzilla for Apple and recently partnered with various studios there), they could simply make a season 2/sequel series and put it somewhere else. What I mean is that if JJ's story is complete, they could rebrand SP and make a sequel with the same group of people.

Remember that Godzilla SP also aired on TV in Japan like normal shows and sold toys here.

With Minus One's success I think it's also possible streamers and other groups want a Godzilla show on their platforms. Maybe it'll be something like SP, maybe it'll be something different.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GZillaguy199
Samurai

Post by GZillaguy199 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:49 pm

I would not count that person as a reliable source. I have no clue what he means "talked to people involved at Toho" and it's such a vague statement that doesn't amount to much. "My uncle works at Nintendo vibes".

For the record, while I'm sure Netflix helped fund SP or whatever, I don't think Toho is entirely dependent on Netflix for anything. With LOM (remember that Toho licensed out Godzilla for Apple and recently partnered with various studios there), they could simply make a season 2/sequel series and put it somewhere else. What I mean is that if JJ's story is complete, they could rebrand SP and make a sequel with the same group of people.

Remember that Godzilla SP also aired on TV in Japan like normal shows and sold toys here.

With Minus One's success I think it's also possible streamers and other groups want a Godzilla show on their platforms. Maybe it'll be something like SP, maybe it'll be something different.
Forgot the exact video when i posted but i found it and here was the exact words he said
I"ve spoken who are far more in the know than any of us. Every single person i've spoken to has told me "Oh don't get your hopes up"
I"ve heard some behind the scenes reasons and i'm not really going to get into detail why we might not see a Godzilla Singular Point Season 2 But basically it sounds like lots of people in Toho and lots of creatives from Singular Point wanted a season two but external factors have made that much harder to do than what people would have liked to admit
yeah idk about this sounds really sketch.

i would of linked it but for some reason the site seems to not like links at all.

MC_Lovecraft
G-Force Personnel

Post by MC_Lovecraft »

GZillaguy199 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:04 am i would of linked it but for some reason the site seems to not like links at all.
That's because you're still a provisional member. There was some drama here in the not-too-distant past that means newer users have a short leash for a while.

If G:SP does get a second season, I think it'd be a cool move if they brought Titanosaurus, Varan, and Gorosaurus in as fully fledged kaiju, possibly "spunoff" from Godzilla in some kind of science thing that I can't express but I'm sure could be made to sound plausible. :lol:

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

I watched the whole of it with anticipation when it came out. It's really bothersome of me to say that I hope they fix the nonsense of the first season, because I have no idea why they completely removed the atomic connection in favour of some physics professor's fever dream (complete with technical jargon that occupies about 30% of each episode and ends up confusing the audience rather than entertaining them).

I love the chosen aesthetic and the various homages. I do wish that Godzilla's morph stages were separate creatures (I was very much giddy about a possible TITANOSAURUS CAMEO? Oh wait, it's just Godzilla's water form... okay I guess!) and that the characters had a semblance of a recognizable character arc other than "let's find out, 'zilla doo where are you?" and "Jeto Jagga updated!".

I do like that we hint at a MG74 type MG at the end... but they really need to amp up the script this time.
Last edited by Omegamorph on Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

GZillaguy199
Samurai

Post by GZillaguy199 »

Omegamorph wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:49 am I watched the whole of it with anticipation when it came out. It's really bothersome of me to say that I hope they fix the nonsense of the first season, because I have no idea why they completely removed the atomic connection in favour of some physics professor's fever dream (complete with technical jargon that occupies about 30% of each episode and ends up confusing the audience rather than entertaining them).

I love the chosen aesthetic and the various homages. I do wish that Godzilla's morph stages were separate creatures (I was very much giddy about a possible TITANOSAURUS CAMEO? Oh wait, it's just Godzilla's water form... okay I guess!) and that the characters had a semblance of a recognizable character arc other than "let's find out, 'zilla doo where are you?" and "Jeto Jagga updated!".

I do like that we hint at a MG74 type MG at the end... but they really need to amp up the script this time.
it's actually not that hard to get the gist of what's going on.

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

GZillaguy199 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:41 pm it's actually not that hard to get the gist of what's going on.
Yeah, it's just skreonking boring in a property that has never been about tech jargon. :lol:

That would be me. My average joe friends couldn't get jack and skreonk, and jack left town
Last edited by Omegamorph on Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Omegamorph wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:18 pm
GZillaguy199 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:41 pm it's actually not that hard to get the gist of what's going on.
Yeah, it's just skreonking boring in a property that has never been about tech jargon. :lol:

That would be me. My average joe friends couldn't get jack and skreonk, and jack left town
"Hit the road, Jack, and don't you skreeonk no more." - "Atomic" Ray Charles :pelops2:
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

Jomei wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:38 am "Hit the road, Jack, and don't you skreeonk no more." - "Atomic" Ray Charles :pelops2:
"I do not know the meaning of the word, it is not registered in my vocabulary!"
-Dalek Prime, Genesis of the Daleks, 1974

GZillaguy199
Samurai

Post by GZillaguy199 »

Not sure if i am allowed to post this buuuuut, the entity of the Godzilla Singular Point novelization has been uploaded to Archive (untranslated of course).

https:// archive.or g /details/s.-p-2022-176fbe-2d-26d-71cae-46ac-25cef-3b-93c-27-annas-archive/mode/2up

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

It took a decade for the second season of The Devil is a Part-Timer to get done, to go back to the anime comparisons. I’ll remain hopeful but not optimistic if that’s possible lol
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

GZillaguy199
Samurai

Post by GZillaguy199 »

i have officially given up to the point i actually have came up with my own fanmade sequel pitch.

GoKelley86
GPN Volunteer

Post by GoKelley86 »

Blood of Zeus came out with a second season that shocked me as I thought that show was done, so who knows?

For all its faults, it'd be a shame if that Mechagodzilla teaser didn't get followed up on in a SP Season 2.

GZillaguy199
Samurai

Post by GZillaguy199 »

GoKelley86 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:23 am For all its faults, it'd be a shame if that Mechagodzilla teaser didn't get followed up on in a SP Season 2.
I think it's safe to say it won't be followed up on sadly. :(

Kagutaba
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kagutaba »

GZillaguy199 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:37 am
GoKelley86 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:23 am For all its faults, it'd be a shame if that Mechagodzilla teaser didn't get followed up on in a SP Season 2.
I don't think there's any indication of that in the slightest.

GZillaguy199
Samurai

Post by GZillaguy199 »

Kagutaba wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:35 am
GZillaguy199 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:37 am
I don't think there's any indication of that in the slightest.
We are almost coming up on the show's 4th year and we haven't heard a peep or acknowledgement of the show existing by Toho outside of it being occasionally mentioned at G-fes twice when discussing Jet Jaguar's filmography, Both Studio BONES and Orange have moved on and currently are working on other things

BONES studio A the animation studio for SP hasn't been working on anything new or upcoming in a while which may leave some hope but studio Orange seems to be currently working on an adaption of Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan which worth noting seems to have its own lineup of Giant Beast in it...

i would love to be wrong but i feel it's safe to say it's Jet Jagover.....