PINK (BUT SOMETIMES BLUE) LIZARD X BIG MONKE: THE NEW REPUBLIC - THE SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
G.H.B
Interpol Agent

Re: GODZILLA X KONG: THE NU EMPEROR - THE SPOILER THREAD, FELLAS

Post by G.H.B »

Moogabunga wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:43 am
Thegarbagemonster wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:26 am Godzillas such an asshole. Sounds like he has no excuse for it this time, you can chalk up his behaviour in GVK to blind panic and rage from all the bad vibes he was picking up.
Words can't express how much I despise Wingard's characterization of Godzilla and I want his ass so far away from this franchise. This better be his last movie
Why? Godzilla’s been an asshole for a majority of his career. If anything Wingard has made Godzilla more like he originally was than any of the past directors. Like look how he acted in the original KK vs G. He’s an absolute son-of-a-bitch.

Vandarker
JXSDF Technician

Post by Vandarker »

BennettCommando wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:01 pm There is another question here :
Was the climatic battle started off as a 2 VS 2 match ? If so,who battled who ? As I really can't imagine Skar King itself is a
Toho Ghidorah/Mechagodzilla level threat that requires multiple kaijus to fight it.
The leak that first leaked Shimo and all the stuff in the trailers said that Godzilla takes on Shimo, Kong takes on Skar. And the leak posted here courtesy of Kaijucifer said that Skar's very agile but Kong's clearly stronger (which I assume meana brute force)
Last edited by Vandarker on Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vandarker
JXSDF Technician

Post by Vandarker »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:44 pm https://old.reddit.com/r/Monsterverse/c ... ra_magica/

Why do people do this kind of stuff? It's stupid. The tumblr nutjobs always have to come in and ruin everything they can get their slimy hands on
I think it's pretty cute lol
Kaijucifer wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:46 pm
Handsome Shrek wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:44 pm https://old.reddit.com/r/Monsterverse/c ... a_magica/a

This is exactly why people don't take nerds seriously. Eww.
Page doest exist on my end. What's there?
Godzilla wearing a frilly outfit from a magical girl anime
Last edited by Vandarker on Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BennettCommando
Monsterland Worker

Post by BennettCommando »

Vandarker wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:12 pm
BennettCommando wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:01 pm There is another question here :
Was the climatic battle started off as a 2 VS 2 match ? If so,who battled who ? As I really can't imagine Skar King itself is a
Toho Ghidorah/Mechagodzilla level threat that requires multiple kaijus to fight it.
The leak that first leaked Shimo and all the stuff in the trailers said that Godzilla takes on Shimo, Kong takes on Skar. And the leak posted here courtesy of Kaijucifer said that Skar's very agile but Kong's clearly stronger (which I assume meana brute force)
Then I guess the first half of the climatic battle would be Godzilla vs Shimo,Kong vs Skar King,with Mothra keeping Skar King’s army at bay. Then in the later half,Godzilla manages to subdue Shimo and helped Kong beat up Skar King,causing the ape’s weapon flew out of its hand,as Kong and Skar King continued to struggle,Suko gave Kong the axe so that Kong could destroy the crystal attached to the weapon that was controlling Shimo. After being freed from the control,Shimo than killed Skar King with its freezing breathe ?

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

Anguirus wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:26 pm I hope Kong gets back at Godzilla later in the movie.
I don’t. I hope Godzilla kills Kong. :lol:

Like, if we’re going to make it “realistic,” G would have killed K in less than a minute but they want to build movie lore out of a battle. Instead of roaring, Godzilla could have roasted Kong in the victory scene, etc.

Takkong
GPN Volunteer

Post by Takkong »

I wanted to see a turnaround of GvK's climax where its Godzilla making a dramatic entrance to save Kong's bacon

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:44 pm https://old.reddit.com/r/Monsterverse/c ... ra_magica/

Why do people do this kind of stuff? It's stupid. The tumblr nutjobs always have to come in and ruin everything they can get their slimy hands on
Because there’s rampant homophobia, insensitivity and immaturity in the community? It’s trying to emasculate Godzilla or make him appear weaker by feminising him. Boring and stupid.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

From the sounds of it, it seems like GvK was just a gateway primer to lead us to GxK. This movie is going to be bonkers.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I really, truly dislike the idea of Shimo being the progenitor of the titans. That doesn't make any sense. Not when they all vary from reptile, mammal, arthropod, etc. I hope it's something that can easily be waved away. Nobody asked for an explanation for their existence. Mystique is what makes these creatures interesting.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Thegarbagemonster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

plasmabeam wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:35 pm

Because there’s rampant homophobia, insensitivity and immaturity in the community? It’s trying to emasculate Godzilla or make him appear weaker by feminising him. Boring and stupid.
It's because he's pink now so he got drawn in cosplay of a character with pink hair (Madoka kaname). Not deep.
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thegarbagemonster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:49 pm I really, truly dislike the idea of Shimo being the progenitor of the titans. That doesn't make any sense. Not when they all vary from reptile, mammal, arthropod, etc. I hope it's something that can easily be waved away. Nobody asked for an explanation for their existence. Mystique is what makes these creatures interesting.
It might not be the case of them all coming from shimo, if it truly is the first titan, it might just be as simple as it being the first species to evolve a giant size, and then everything else caught up.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:51 pm It might not be the case of them all coming from shimo, if it truly is the first titan, it might just be as simple as it being the first species to evolve a giant size, and then everything else caught up.
You could be right. But I hope it doesn't even go that far. There are some things I just don't think should be explained. For example, we know magic for sure exists in this world because of Mothra enabling Godzilla to go into burning mode and her wings erupting from his nuclear pulse. But I wouldn't want them to explain how that's possible. Letting our minds fill in the blanks for these sorts of things is what makes it interesting. We don't know how it happened. Or how it's possible.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Takkong
GPN Volunteer

Post by Takkong »

Are we really sure the whole "Shimo is the first titan" is not misinformation and its just a really ancient one?

BennettCommando
Monsterland Worker

Post by BennettCommando »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:49 pm I really, truly dislike the idea of Shimo being the progenitor of the titans. That doesn't make any sense. Not when they all vary from reptile, mammal, arthropod, etc. I hope it's something that can easily be waved away. Nobody asked for an explanation for their existence. Mystique is what makes these creatures interesting.
Agreed. In fact,I don't think Kong and Godzilla needs to fight an enemy with the title of “Progenitor of Titans”. It just doesn't sound like the kind of enemy that Godzilla and Kong should face in this phase.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:50 pm

It's because he's pink now so he got drawn in cosplay of a character with pink hair (Madoka kaname). Not deep.
I know it’s because he’s pink now but throwing him in a dress because he’s pink? Come on.

sousakou
Ronin

Post by sousakou »

so apparently they changed some things from the test screening leaks. shimo is smaller a bit than ghidorah. also, shimo has been confirmed to be a male by KDM

Sammy19
Interpol Agent

Post by Sammy19 »

plasmabeam wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:30 pm

I know it’s because he’s pink now but throwing him in a dress because he’s pink? Come on.
Boo hoo.

Sammy19
Interpol Agent

Post by Sammy19 »

For people who seem to moan about masculinity, they sure get triggered by the color pink.

G.H.B
Interpol Agent

Post by G.H.B »

It’s a meme…Medoka’s pink and Godzilla’s pink (again). It’s not at all that fucking deep. No one’s “emasculating” him. The fact some of y’all are this bent out of shape over fucking fanart is a sign y’all need to go outside and touch some grass, maybe do something productive? Christ.

Takkong
GPN Volunteer

Post by Takkong »

Guys are we seriously gonna lose our minds over nothing more than a dumb, harmless drawing of Godzilla in a dress?

And people object when I say this fandom has deep insecurity issues..

I kept wondering whether Kong poking around in the Hollow Earth would be what sets Skar King's tribe free and that's why Godzilla is pissed at him, but the trailer gives the impression Suko somehow escaped before the rest of them, so maybe the tribe breaking out was only a matter of time and Kong merely stumbled upon them