Jurassic Park: Survival, it's finally happening

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
NSZ
E.S.P.Spy

Jurassic Park: Survival, it's finally happening

Post by NSZ »

SO YEAH THIS WAS ANNOUNCED AT THE GAME AWARDS

EVERYONE TIRED OF PARK BUILDERS GET IN HERE

"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Jurassic Park: Survival, it's finally happening

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

A Dinosaur Survival Horror game?!? With the JP license? Count me in.

I love survival horror, from Resident Evil, to Dead Space. I've briefly played Dino Crisis, but I couldn't get past the tank controls. So, this would be exciting even if not for JP.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Peaks my interest. Great to finally have reasons to purchase a PS5. Never bothered before because there wasn't any games I cared about.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Thatguy4683
Gotengo Officer

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Hor yay, I will buy this physically when it comes out

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I can't wait! I love games such as Outlast, Alien Isolation, and the recent Resident Evil's!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Oh yeah I forgot to comment about this one lol

A dinosaur survival horror game always had the potential to be something super special, and the fact it's also part of perhaps THE biggest dino franchise ever just makes things even better. I'm sure there's going to be a lot to love about this game.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

MC_Lovecraft
G-Force Personnel

Post by MC_Lovecraft »

Looks really cool! But Nublar AGAIN? It's starting to look like Ingen left most of their staff behind! :lol:

My first, second, and third wish for this game is for it to feature dinosaurs that were on the island but didn't make it onto the screen. Let's have a tense journey down a river, being stalked by a pair of Baryonyx. 8-)
Last edited by MC_Lovecraft on Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

I have high expectations but I will wait for more gameplay footage.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

This is one of the games I have waited years for
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.
Chris55 wrote: Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?
My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

So Trespasser but it's what Trespasser hyped itself up to be? I can write all kinds of numbers on this check, Saber Interactive. Tell me. What's it gonna take?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Thatguy4683
Gotengo Officer

Post by Thatguy4683 »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:32 am So Trespasser but it's what Trespasser hyped itself up to be? I can write all kinds of numbers on this check, Saber Interactive. Tell me. What's it gonna take?
I seen some gameplay, it doesn’t look as fun but that’s just me. It looks like you need a couple of mods to get it working.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:53 pm
JAGzilla wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:32 am So Trespasser but it's what Trespasser hyped itself up to be? I can write all kinds of numbers on this check, Saber Interactive. Tell me. What's it gonna take?
I seen some gameplay, it doesn’t look as fun but that’s just me. It looks like you need a couple of mods to get it working.
If you're talking about Trespasser, you really need to take into account the fact that this game released when 3D gaming was still in its infancy. Like, "before even Ocarina of Time" kind of infancy.

Trespasser pioneered things that we take for granted in modern games, such as rendering large open outdoor 3D environments, granular physics, and having multiple AI operating simultaneously in said environments. Did it come up short? Sure, but only because it attempted to push boundaries that modern gaming still couldn't consistently nail. You just don't see that kind of innovation in today's video game market where every large developer plays it safe by following old trends.

I would gladly take a hundred buggy but ambitious passion projects like Trespasser over the AAA microtransaction-laden grind-a-thon slop that Ubisoft and EA churn out today.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:11 am
Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:53 pm
If you're talking about Trespasser, you really need to take into account the fact that this game released when 3D gaming was still in its infancy. Like, "before even Ocarina of Time" kind of infancy.

Trespasser pioneered things that we take for granted in modern games, such as rendering large open outdoor 3D environments, granular physics, and having multiple AI operating simultaneously in said environments. Did it come up short? Sure, but only because it attempted to push boundaries that modern gaming still couldn't consistently nail. You just don't see that kind of innovation in today's video game market where every large developer plays it safe by following old trends.

I would gladly take a hundred buggy but ambitious passion projects like Trespasser over the AAA microtransaction-laden grind-a-thon slop that Ubisoft and EA churn out today.
Late reply, but this. Trespasser was very impressive and exciting for the time, and gave me a lot of hours of fun back in the day. It made an effort to be something great, and I can appreciate that even if it fell short of its goals. Anyway, the bugs and bad graphics add their own brand of fun charm you don't get in these slick modern games.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I just want another game where you can play as the Dinosaurs.