Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by CyberZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:06 pm
OGMechaMothra wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:58 pm I wonder when we will start seeing GxK movie figures.
For sale or like previews?

Probably in Jan, with March releases. I imagine Godzilla and Kong will be first wave with maybe some enemy monsters/variants down the line. Wonder if they’ll do a figure of the little kong fella.
I’m all in for figures of these new titans. Skar King will be an interesting one with the spine decor (whip?) he’s got going on and the blue eyes. Down to have gauntlet Kong and Pinkzilla as well. Lil Kong would be a fun one but I do wonder if it’ll be closer in size to the Gojibans and Chibis, or if they won’t care and just make him as tall as the other characters. Knowing Bandai, money’s on the latter.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

CyberZilla wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:45 pm Hate double-posting but I did grab the old 8 inch King Kong 1962, a personal grail of mine. Found it on Mandarake for around 40 dollars. Even with shipping it was well worth it. Beyond happy to have it in my collection since KKvG is so special to me. Now I just need a KingGoji vinyl to complete the duo.

Any tips I should know since it’s an older figure? I wanna do my best to keep it in a nice condition. I take good care of my vinyls but I wanna be extra careful for King Kong here.
Yoooo. Congrats on the find. Newer fans seem to like dunking on '63 Kong. But, I'm with you. KKvG is special. I'd love to have a diorama replica of Godzilla and King Kong smashing the pagoda.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:06 pmWonder if they’ll do a figure of the little kong fella.
Yep. And knowing BANDAI it will be as tall as adult Powerfist-Kong. Maybe even 8" to mimic the giant silhouette from the trailer.
Size DOES matter!

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Petezilla wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:53 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:06 pmWonder if they’ll do a figure of the little kong fella.
Yep. And knowing BANDAI it will be as tall as adult Powerfist-Kong. Maybe even 8" to mimic the giant silhouette from the trailer.
It will go great alongside they’re Goliath Godzilla Store Minya ;)

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Just why IS that Minya so big anyway?

Thegarbagemonster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:06 am Just why IS that Minya so big anyway?
Well it has to be big enough to attack humans once it comes to life

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

CyberZilla wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:18 pm
OGMechaMothra wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:58 pm I wonder when we will start seeing GxK movie figures.

Probably in Jan, with March releases. I imagine Godzilla and Kong will be first wave with maybe some enemy monsters/variants down the line. Wonder if they’ll do a figure of the little kong fella.
I’m all in for figures of these new titans. Skar King will be an interesting one with the spine decor (whip?) he’s got going on and the blue eyes. Down to have gauntlet Kong and Pinkzilla as well. Lil Kong would be a fun one but I do wonder if it’ll be closer in size to the Gojibans and Chibis, or if they won’t care and just make him as tall as the other characters. Knowing Bandai, money’s on the latter.

Starting to see GxK Monster A and B listed on web sites.

gojiwr20
Samurai

Post by gojiwr20 »

OGMechaMothra wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:10 pm
CyberZilla wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:18 pm

Starting to see GxK Monster A and B listed on web sites.
That, Godzilla 2024, I think were leaked out a few months ago with supposed listings of Frankenstein and Orga... And apparently even Scylla? (kaijuconnoisseur on Instagram compiled it all into a post, and put it with what I assume are ultra Kaiju, and I have zero knowledge on that, so it might not be the KOTM Scylla, but hey, cool if it is.)

Thegarbagemonster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

I would never ever expect them to do MMS Scylla because of the legs. It's too lanky of a monster, and there's no way to cheap out and tuck them to the body.
Then again, Legion had some nice leg sculpting.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:41 pm I would never ever expect them to do MMS Scylla because of the legs. It's too lanky of a monster, and there's no way to cheap out and tuck them to the body.
Then again, Legion had some nice leg sculpting.
The reason I’m skeptical is because we still never got an MMS for the other MUTO or any Skullcrawlers, both of which are much more significant/known than Scylla. I do like Scylla so I wouldn’t mind them making a figure of it, but I’d sure be confused if we got that over the former two.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Titanus_Rodan
Monarch Researcher

Post by Titanus_Rodan »

OGMechaMothra wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:10 pm Starting to see GxK Monster A and B listed on web sites.
Which sites?

gojiwr20 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:07 pm That, Godzilla 2024, I think were leaked out a few months ago with supposed listings of Frankenstein and Orga... And apparently even Scylla? (kaijuconnoisseur on Instagram compiled it all into a post, and put it with what I assume are ultra Kaiju, and I have zero knowledge on that, so it might not be the KOTM Scylla, but hey, cool if it is.)
I had no idea Frankenstein and Orga were rumored to be here soon so that is exciting!!!
I looked at his listing and it appears Scylla is an Ultra Monster

But still to be getting a MMS Frankenstein and new Orga is awesome!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

^ Yeah I was assuming that Scylla figure listing was the Ultra Monster with the big ass mouth

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Does anyone have a copy of said list? I always take them with a grain of salt but as of late they’ve been pretty on the nose.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Copied from kaijuconnoisseur on Instagram:
Bandai MMS Toho Leaks:
November:
Biollante Rose Form
Type-3 Kiryu Heavy Armament Black Ver. 8"
Bagan
Godzilla Minus One Metallic Ver.
Hedorah Landing Form - November 3rd^
Hedorah Crawling Form
Godzilla Minus One Clear Blue Ver.
Godzilla 1955
Anguirus 1955
December:
Godzilla Minus One Monster A Godzilla 1954 Marquette

January - March 2024:
Godzilla 2024
Godzilla 2024 Appearance Monster A Godzilla 2024 Appearance Monster B
Orga
Frankenstein
Ultra Hero Series:
EX New Ultraman (Movie Appearance)
EX Ultraman Gaia 25th Anniversary Set
Ultra
Monster Series Ex New Monster
Appearance:
210 Apate
26 Silveragon Renewal
211 Super Pazuzu
212 Mizunoeno Ryu
213 Blizt Blotz
214 King of Mons
215 Basilis
216 Sculls
DX Zog First Form Ultra

Monster Advance Gakuzo:
Mubimon
These were posted October 29th. Scylla is the Ultramonster. Most of these came true, so Orga and Frankenstein are pretty likely. That’s exciting.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Whooo. A Gaia wave of figures. Thank God.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Pardon the brief off-topic, but what thread should be used for the Good Smile Super-X and Super X-2 that just got announced?
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I'm not saying I doubt aspects of the list above, but if Orga and Frankenstein were coming out (presumably for retail) by March wouldn't we know about them already? The 1955 figures came out in late November and we knew about them since when? Mid summer?

Right how honestly the only thing I care about is which 5 monsters are going to win (or have won?) that Godzilla Store poll. With the top 5 getting made regardless we win either way.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:10 am Pardon the brief off-topic, but what thread should be used for the Good Smile Super-X and Super X-2 that just got announced?
IIRC there's a GoodSmile thread already somewhere in this subforum. If not, a new one can be made!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:42 am I'm not saying I doubt aspects of the list above, but if Orga and Frankenstein were coming out (presumably for retail) by March wouldn't we know about them already? The 1955 figures came out in late November and we knew about them since when? Mid summer?

Right how honestly the only thing I care about is which 5 monsters are going to win (or have won?) that Godzilla Store poll. With the top 5 getting made regardless we win either way.
There have been instances of figures just showing up, or being shown off a month before.
Spoiler:
-1.0's Pre-nuked form
(you can discuss that here) showed up mid december with an image and is being released a month later. I recall you and a few others wondering where the 1955 figures were as we didn't have images of them a month or two before they were out as well. Other things like the Bagan come out of nowhere. I know some of these are special cases, but the fact that we don't have images of Frankenstien or Orga shouldn't mean much.

Frankenstien feels really obvious in retrospect too. It will pair nicely with baragon.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Bagan was a Godzilla Store exclusive. Exclusives don't seem to take long at all from reveal to release. And the Minus One figure B figure was withheld for spoiler reasons.

If Orga and Frankenstein were Godzilla Store releases, not knowing when they're coming out makes sense. If they were retail we'd probably end up knowing about them for months before they come out.

Still seems weird to me that the person who made this list (if it's 100% accurate) has known about certain unrevealed upcoming figures for a ridiculously long time.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.