Ask a Stupid Question

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Follinollante
Interpol Agent

Re: Ask a Stupid Question

Post by Follinollante »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:32 pm Is it stupid that I care too much about opinions, like way too much

Added in 13 minutes 18 seconds:
Follinollante wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:06 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:06 am Is caring about peoples opinion on movies bad?
Hell, no.
It's called "respect."
I think it goes without saying that a decent discussion isn't possible unless each member of the discussion is able to maintain at least some respect for others' opinions. So, yeah, caring about other people's movie opinions is absolutely a good thing.
I guess but what if there was a person who didn’t like a move and says people who like this movie are dumb or something like should I listen to them and then stop liking the movie.
No. Your opinion is your opinion, their opinion is their opinion. Furthermore, it is more than possible that you can have a favorable opinion on a movie that you still consider to be objectively bad. Again, what other people think should not sway your opinion in the slightest.
If I had a penny for every time I made a fool of myself online... actually, I'd rather not think about it.
Let's go back to just watching and enjoying monster movies.

Follinollante
Interpol Agent

Post by Follinollante »

Is being a Godzilla fan sort of an otaku-y thing?
If I had a penny for every time I made a fool of myself online... actually, I'd rather not think about it.
Let's go back to just watching and enjoying monster movies.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Follinollante wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:55 am Is being a Godzilla fan sort of an otaku-y thing?
I would say kaiju fans and anime otaku mostly seem to operate in different circles, but there's definitely some level of overlap and shared culture.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Thatguy4683
Oxygen Destroyer

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Follinollante wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:21 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:32 pm Is it stupid that I care too much about opinions, like way too much

Added in 13 minutes 18 seconds:
Follinollante wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:06 pm

Hell, no.
It's called "respect."
I think it goes without saying that a decent discussion isn't possible unless each member of the discussion is able to maintain at least some respect for others' opinions. So, yeah, caring about other people's movie opinions is absolutely a good thing.
I guess but what if there was a person who didn’t like a move and says people who like this movie are dumb or something like should I listen to them and then stop liking the movie.
No. Your opinion is your opinion, their opinion is their opinion. Furthermore, it is more than possible that you can have a favorable opinion on a movie that you still consider to be objectively bad. Again, what other people think should not sway your opinion in the slightest.
Yeah, but I always feel ashamed if someone makes fun on things I like and it’s pathetic I really don’t wanna be pathetic but I’m stuck with it.

Added in 1 minute 13 seconds:
I wish I have thicker skin maybe then things will be better.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Do sharks have fins?
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:28 am Do sharks have fins?
Not very often, now. Shark fin soup usually has them, though.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

What if everyone in the Supreme Court and White House suddenly turned into salmon?
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

We have a scheme to replace them should they be unfit for duty
If now? Dangerous really. I do not trust the current legislatures to handle this well, heck it'd mean speaker Johnson becomes president and a republican in the executive anytime in the future is a deathblow to the USA
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.
Chris55 wrote: Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?
My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:01 pm What if everyone in the Supreme Court and White House suddenly turned into salmon?
Query: Are they living salmon? Or dead, but fresh, salmon?

If the former, we should try to figure out how to turn them back. If the latter, maybe we can have a fish fry and or make nice sushi.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:30 pm
Kiryu2012 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:01 pm What if everyone in the Supreme Court and White House suddenly turned into salmon?
Query: Are they living salmon? Or dead, but fresh, salmon?

If the former, we should try to figure out how to turn them back. If the latter, maybe we can have a fish fry and or make nice sushi.
Living, but I imagine if they don't get put in water quickly enough they'll be soon dead anyway.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

How do armless people open doors?
Showa Goji best Godzilla

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

EarthNeronga wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:15 pm How do armless people open doors?
We can technically kind of guess. If it is a push door, a good kick or use of foot would do the trick, probably. If it is a pull door, depends on the door handle. If it is the kind that goes all the way vertically on the door, using your foot to hook into the handle and tug it open somehow might work, but if it isn't then who knows :?:
Ultraman Dyna wrote: “Nobody knows your future. Do you know why? That's because the future is for you to make”
Kenzaki Kazuma wrote: "I will fight fate...and win."

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

New question: what happens when a armless person and a legless person work together?
Showa Goji best Godzilla

MC_Lovecraft
G-Force Personnel

Post by MC_Lovecraft »

EarthNeronga wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:37 pm New question: what happens when a armless person and a legless person work together?
You get The Crippled Masters.(Warning! Film of extremely bad taste! Google with care!)

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

MC_Lovecraft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:35 pm
EarthNeronga wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:37 pm New question: what happens when a armless person and a legless person work together?
You get The Crippled Masters.(Warning! Film of extremely bad taste! Google with care!)
Do you mean Crippled Avengers a.k.a. The Return of the 5 Deadly Venoms, or am I wrong here?
Last edited by mikelcho on Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

What's your favorite recipe for a pasta sauce?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:57 pm What's your favorite recipe for a pasta sauce?
Basil pesto! Can’t go wrong with a basic meat sauce though.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:34 pm
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:57 pm What's your favorite recipe for a pasta sauce?
Basil pesto! Can’t go wrong with a basic meat sauce though.
Man, I hear you. I'm partial to an extremely rich bolognese. But a fresh pesto is like perfect for lunch if you want pasta but don't want to fall asleep.

Also, I recommend trying a geneovese. It's an underappreciated sauce just because most people have never heard of it. It's basically beef and onions that have been cooked down for so long that they become indistinguishable from one another.

MC_Lovecraft
G-Force Personnel

Post by MC_Lovecraft »

mikelcho wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:33 pm
MC_Lovecraft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:35 pm
Do you mean Crippled Avengers a.k.a. The Return of the 5 Deadly Venoms, or am I wrong here?
Crippled Avengers was the original, Crippled Masters was the cash-in. Contemplate that on the Tree of Woe.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Do you guys ever have, like, same shirtsies with old dudes? You know, where you're like out in public and you've got, say, a hawaiian button up shirt on and some old dude makes eye contact with you, points to his shirt and yours then laughs and says something like, "Heh heh, we're twins!"