PINK (BUT SOMETIMES BLUE) LIZARD X BIG MONKE: THE NEW REPUBLIC - THE SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Re: GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMMMPIRE - THE SPOILER THREAD, FOLKS

Post by BurningCoolMan »

wonder how different mothra is going to look compared to the KOTM version

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

So something that hasn’t been brought up, with the shirts for Godzilla and Kong, and Blanket also dropped. It shows the full silhouette for Godzilla’s new form.

Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

AWMGodzilla62
G-Force Personnel

Post by AWMGodzilla62 »

DarkDeltaDragon wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:13 pm The Kaiju Kingdom on Twitter posted what appears to be a Movie Monster Series figure of the New Goji? A more proper look on the full body. Also this means that we're getting the vinyl reveals soon
Do you have a link? I can’t seem to find it. Send me a PM if you want to stay on the safe side of posting stuff

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

BurningCoolMan wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:54 pm wonder how different mothra is going to look compared to the KOTM version
I wish she gets much bigger, or thicker(fuzzier?) so that it feels more like a horrifying giant kaiju.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Ahhh shoot. Here we go again
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Vandarker
JXSDF Technician

Post by Vandarker »

AWMGodzilla62 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:06 pm
DarkDeltaDragon wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:13 pm The Kaiju Kingdom on Twitter posted what appears to be a Movie Monster Series figure of the New Goji? A more proper look on the full body. Also this means that we're getting the vinyl reveals soon
Do you have a link? I can’t seem to find it. Send me a PM if you want to stay on the safe side of posting stuff
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

Ah thats the Jada toys RC from months ago's silhouette
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Please don’t post links or images of leaked toys on the public forum.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MC_Lovecraft
G-Force Personnel

Post by MC_Lovecraft »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:59 pm
MC_Lovecraft wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:15 am Eehhh, I need a better angle! I feel like I can't judge the head/neck versus the rest of the body without a profile shot. :lol: Doesn't look bad, but I'm still unconvinced it was necessary. ;)
I really like how he looks in the render. But I definitely agree I need to see more before making up my mind on how much I like it.

And on the note of "necessary," I'll say this: Most of my favorite designs for Godzilla were followups to an existing design in a series. And they weren't necessary. For example, the GTTHM, '91 and 2019 designs. They're great. But it'd be hard to argue any of the changes they made were completely necessary. I would have been happy with the 2019 design sticking around for the entirety of the Monsterverse. But I expect changes here and there.
Mmm, excellent point. :thumbsup: Those three are some of my fave designs too. It's not like Evolved Godzilla is a radical design change anyway, you know? Everything we've seen has shown that toy wasn't a great likeness, really.
BurningCoolMan wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:54 pm wonder how different mothra is going to look compared to the KOTM version
Hopefully not too different. I love how lethal and insect-y she looks in KotM. I'm also really hoping she gets to light someone up with her God Rays. :Mothra61:

Vandarker
JXSDF Technician

Post by Vandarker »

Right sorry about that, thought it was just a low res screencap and not a leak.

Anyways not completely on board with the new look, but looks significantly better without the cheap toy coloring and the awkward pose. Also seems like Playamates shrunk the waist and tail for some reason, the Jada toys one looks much better in that regard.
Last edited by Vandarker on Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I did see the Jada Toys figure and yeah, that looks MUCH better than the Playmates one. It seems to reinforce what we're seeing from the t-shirt render. Outside of the spines and the tail spikes, the changes to MV Godzilla are pretty negligible. They kept his face the same which was the one thing that would have ruined it for me. So I'm happy with that. Months back when there was talk of Godzilla changing that was my primary concern. Because I adore this big lizard.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

definitely has a more crocodile look as opposed to the bear and Comodo dragon look from 14/19

Vandarker
JXSDF Technician

Post by Vandarker »

Theres a supposed leaked second long clip of the trailer, hard to discern anything but looks like they're going to show Godzilla's new form

BennettCommando
Monsterland Worker

Post by BennettCommando »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:48 pm Gotta laugh at people who say this design is worse than Godzilla 98 lol

I do think the legs look a little too long on the toys, but nothing is perfect in this world. Other than that, I really like the new form
Well,I even saw people bashing on MinusGoji’s design, claiming it being inferior than Shin and Monsterverse (KoTM~GVK) so it would not be surprising.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

I think I’m loving this more xenomorph-esque design, especially because the head is the same as I’ve always loved (I just can’t get into Minus One head). It is a little bit strange seeing dorsals on his elbows and the main back dorsal pointing down. Overall, I don’t mind the losing of the dad-bod zilla form.

EmperorGojira
Yojimbo

Post by EmperorGojira »

Godzilla's new design is looking good although seeing him not standing upright is unusual. But it make sense since he is a dinosaur-like animal/titan.
Also nice to see Kong with the axe again. I hope we'll really get the trailer today!
Last edited by EmperorGojira on Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

They should have stood him up straight. The leaning is fine in battle but everyone I know complains about the hunch.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Gojira2K wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:05 pm So something that hasn’t been brought up, with the shirts for Godzilla and Kong, and Blanket also dropped. It shows the full silhouette for Godzilla’s new form.

His head just keeps on getting smaller...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

-|Enoch|-
Monsterland Worker

Post by -|Enoch|- »

happy trailer day everyone.

MC_Lovecraft
G-Force Personnel

Post by MC_Lovecraft »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:45 pm I did see the Jada Toys figure and yeah, that looks MUCH better than the Playmates one. It seems to reinforce what we're seeing from the t-shirt render. Outside of the spines and the tail spikes, the changes to MV Godzilla are pretty negligible. They kept his face the same which was the one thing that would have ruined it for me. So I'm happy with that. Months back when there was talk of Godzilla changing that was my primary concern. Because I adore this big lizard.

This guy gets it. My thoughts precisely. :)

Vandarker wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:54 pm Theres a supposed leaked second long clip of the trailer, hard to discern anything but looks like they're going to show Godzilla's new form

I've seen that! If that is what it is, the head looks much more proportionate then that blanket silhouette would suggest.