Godzilla: Monster Island Summer Camp - Original Graphic Novel

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla: Monster Island Summer Camp - Original Graphic Novel

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:23 pm Absolutely wild. It's so great to see Toho loosen the chains and let things like this get made. I'm absolutely checking this out.
They've had it loose for a while, but it's been pretty mixed with results. The Rivals series felt like a good opportunity to experiment, but only a few select issues (Spacegodzilla, Rodan and Ebirah, Ghidorah, and to a lesser extent the Battra issue) have really had fun going wild with whatever idea they have.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I'm late to the party seeing the announcement for this book, but it looks so refreshing. I hope the entirety of the book feels like something family friendly in the vein of a Ghibli movie. Monsters don't always have to be super serious. And Minya is just the perfect one to use to illustrate that point. That cover really grabbed my attention.

I know AMA is a divisive movie in the fanbase. I struggle to get through it myself. But its heart was always in the right place. I wish Toho would let Minya, or at least some version of Godzilla's son, be the Pikachu of the Godzilla series. Let him pal around with humans more frequently. The kids will eat it up and we can get some really wholesome, family content from the series too.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/godzi ... l-preview/

Preview/interview. Evidently posted a month ago, missed this one.

This panel kills me -

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Cute art!

I'm getting some Studio Ghibli/Where the Wild Things Are vibes with the otherworldly/fantastical presentation of Monster Island here.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

The Minilla Renaissance is upon us. Folks can't get enough of the little guy.

MC_Lovecraft
G-Force Personnel

Post by MC_Lovecraft »

Wow, that art looks awesome. I wonder who, if anybody, those statues will turn out to represent. :huge:

Angilasman wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:51 pm The Minilla Renaissance is upon us. Folks can't get enough of the little guy.
It's so funny, I can remember a point in my youth when I'd have been so mad to see Minya getting his own GN. I'm so glad I got over myself. :lol: