Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
MC_Lovecraft
G-Force Personnel

Re: Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

Post by MC_Lovecraft »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:17 am HWYFA a future entry in the series where Godzilla and Anguirus... are related? Apparently some bit from Gigantis the Fire Monster hinted at this, but that's as non-canon as you can possibly get for this franchise.

You mean like, not the same species, but members of the same family? I actually think that would be kind of cool. They both breathe atomic fire in the novelization of GRA, so that's something to build on.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

You have an interesting idea, and it would be perfect if you showed them as allies.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:17 am HWYFA a future entry in the series where Godzilla and Anguirus... are related? Apparently some bit from Gigantis the Fire Monster hinted at this, but that's as non-canon as you can possibly get for this franchise.
If you mean like biological or adopted family, I'd like it and seeing their relatioship together. If the former, that could also mean Godzilla an ankylosaur, which I admit I could like even if it would look odd at times.

HWYFA
- A mockumentary series of a team of scientists not affiliated with any Monarch-like group tracking Godzilla and other kaiju and studying them?
- Mothra could telepathically hijack people's minds to communicate with humans?
- A future Godzilla movie had a potshot at Marvel in sone form or way?
- A black comedy about Kaiju deniers (like the ones seen in Monarch) getting stuck in a kaiju attack after another but keep denying it happens even up to the point of their death?
- A Godzilla work set in a Mad Max-esque post-apocalyptic wasteland, or even an outright crossover with Mad Max? Like for the latter, you can have Immortan Joe's cult call it Jörmungandr given their Viking theme they have.
Last edited by Al Diplodocus on Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

1. Sound perfect for a show about the GPN. Whoever decides to make it, I'll send flowers.
2. Mothra is supposed to be benevolent in most incarnations, and this doesn't fit that. Of course, the MV doesn't have the Shobijin, so I could see MV Mothra do that.
3. I don't mind a good joke, or even a bad one.
4. That could be interesting. Their reactions could make a tense story.
5. I'd love to see Godzilla in such a setting.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

edgaguirus wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:02 pm 2. Mothra is supposed to be benevolent in most incarnations, and this doesn't fit that. Of course, the MV doesn't have the Shobijin, so I could see MV Mothra do that.
Yeah, I had "no Shobijin" in mind. And her telepathic hijacking wouldn't be too bad, just a tempirary, painless thing.

Jugglusjuggler89
Ronin

Post by Jugglusjuggler89 »

HWYFA a human character who happens to be an unfazed everyman?

MC_Lovecraft
G-Force Personnel

Post by MC_Lovecraft »

Jugglusjuggler89 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:44 pm HWYFA a human character who happens to be an unfazed everyman?
I could definitely see this happening in a Fukuda-inspired "group of normal people stumble into kaiju plot" kind of movie. Obviously, the character should be based on Ron Perlman's interpretation of Hellboy. :huge:

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent

Post by Al Diplodocus »

HWYFA:
- A giant feral pig kaiju that would be a literal Hogzilla?
- A plot of a bratty and bossy little girl getting seperated from her family who she mistreats during a kaiju attack, and learning the hard way ther are bigger things then her?
- Baragon was remiagined as a eusocial mole rat-like mammal?
- A human/human-sized villain being defeated by being fed to baby kaiju like Hopper at the end of A Bug's Life?
- One Godzilla finishing move was the inversion of the kiss of death from 2014 where Godzilla basically held another kaiju's ass up to his mouth and blowing the atomic breath up it? Just picture the camera panning dowbn the body in slow motion as the beam disenegrates the opponent from the inside out, ending with the head?
- A kaiju story set in an Alternate History where the Axis won WWII a la The Man in the High Castle?
Last edited by Al Diplodocus on Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:59 pm HWYFA:
- A giant feral pig kaiju that would be a literal Hogzilla?
- A plot of a bratty and bossy little girl getting seperated from her family who she mistreats during a kaiju attack, and learning the hard way ther are bigger things then her?
- Baragon was remiagined as a eusocial mole rat-like mammal?
- A human/human-sized villain being defeated by being fed to baby kaiju like Hopper at the end of A Bug's Life?
- One Godzilla finishing move was the inversion of the kiss of death from 2014 where Godzilla basically held another kaiju's ass up to his mouth and blowing the atomic breath up it? Just picture the camera panning dowbn the body in slow motion as the beam disenegrates the opponent from the inside out, ending with the head?
- A kaiju story set in an Alternate History where the Axis won WWII a la The Man in the High Castle?
- A hog is always cool so yes please immediately
- I like the idea though it'd be easy to make her insufferable to some
- it's honestly more fitting than him being a dinosaur. Let it be done. :Baragon:
- sounds like Jurassic Park 2. Where it was done well. Other times not so much like Rampage or Jurassic World Dominion in my opinion. So it just depends. Overall it's a cheesy route nowadays
- I say no despite that sounding brutal. If that happened in the monsterverse it'd be like the series coming full circle to parody itself. The "rear end" just can't be taken seriously in anything even if you try.
- I would watch it! I think I recall such an idea being suggested in this thread before.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

HWYFA:
- A frog kaiju that picks off crowds of people running away like they're bugs
- The same frog kaiju having shark sized tadpoles as a threat to humans
- A grasshopper kaiju
- Kumonga and Mother Long Legs fighting
- If Kong is never called "King Kong" ever again in any King Kong or Godzilla project
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:51 pm HWYFA:
- A grasshopper kaiju
- If Kong is never called "King Kong" ever again in any King Kong or Godzilla project
1. That would be a good scene; People flee only to be caught by the tongue and pulled into the mouth.
2. That also sounds good.
3. Yes, as long as it's better than Beginning of the End.
4. That could be fun.
5. I don't remember if anyone in G vs K ever said King Kong. I think they just referred to him as Kong, so it's no problem for me.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:51 pm HWYFA:
- A grasshopper kaiju
1. That would be creepy but cool to see.
2. That would also be neat.
3. Locust kaiju swarm? Cool.
4. Either Kumonga would need to be smaller, or a big Mother Long Legs for it.
5. I'm fine wiyth it. Komg is a unique iconic word on irs own.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

HWYFA a scene where you see soldiers unsuccessfully fight a kaiju, then it's revealed that it was just a virtual reality training simulation?

ShadowCloud
Ronin

Post by ShadowCloud »

edgaguirus wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:45 pm HWYFA a scene where you see soldiers unsuccessfully fight a kaiju, then it's revealed that it was just a virtual reality training simulation?
Feels to me like something that'd be the setup for a story featuring characters (or a character) with a self doubt arc that wraps up either during the middle or climax of the story. Something a bit generic like the "I'm not good enough" arc if you will.

ShadowCloud
Ronin

Post by ShadowCloud »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:41 pm HWYFA
- A future series had a kaiju that was a giant version of an already large animal (elephant, sauropod, or whale)... but a running gag it was the smallest kaiju in the lineup, being dwarfed by even Baragon, like between 15-30 metres high?
- Kong was reimagined as a giant lemur?
- A cat kaiju that acted like you'd expect a cat to act, e.g. alternating between being a sleepy potato and doing zoomies?
1. There's already a giant walrus, spider, mantis and lobster kaiju so I'd be open the idea to either three animals you suggested. And with the abundance of dinosaur themed kaiju that already exist a mega sized sauropod wouldn't be too out there.
2. Absurd idea that just sounds like the GINO/G98 equivalent of portraying kong. It also reminds me of the dumb giant lemurs from one of those monsterverse comics that are literally only there because of a miscommunication.
3. Brilliant idea that should be used for something non-serious and comedy centric, as someone in this thread already suggested.

Thatguy4683
Gotengo Officer

Post by Thatguy4683 »

How would you feel if there was a new Godzilla movie that comes out that has Godzilla come to attack Tokyo but then at the end of the film more kaiju (weather than if it’s unique Kaiju or just more Godzilla’s is yet to be determined) has awakened all around the world and begins to destroyed it. The awakening of the Kaijus including Godzilla could be a symbolism for nuclear war, as if one wakes up, they all wakes up.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:14 am How would you feel if there was a new Godzilla movie that comes out that has Godzilla come to attack Tokyo but then at the end of the film more kaiju (weather than if it’s unique Kaiju or just more Godzilla’s is yet to be determined) has awakened all around the world and begins to destroyed it. The awakening of the Kaijus including Godzilla could be a symbolism for nuclear war, as if one wakes up, they all wakes up.
I'd like it. I picture it like a mix of both Oppenheimer and The Lost World.

Added in 4 minutes 56 seconds:
HWYFA:

* A plot of Godzilla getting transported by a milutary weapon to another world, Isekaio style? (and yeah, based off ths tweet I saw: https://twitter.com/johann122004/status ... 5628942760)
** While at it, HWYFA the ending be Godzilla returning to our universe, but followed by the other universe's characters, pissed off at us for sending Godzilla to theirs? It could be a sequel hook or a gag, depending if there's any follow up?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:14 am How would you feel if there was a new Godzilla movie that comes out that has Godzilla come to attack Tokyo but then at the end of the film more kaiju (weather than if it’s unique Kaiju or just more Godzilla’s is yet to be determined) has awakened all around the world and begins to destroyed it. The awakening of the Kaijus including Godzilla could be a symbolism for nuclear war, as if one wakes up, they all wakes up.
It'd be a powerful ending, and excellent opportunity for a sequel.

For Al:
1. It'd be a fresh and interesting approach to a film, and I like it.
2. A scenario where the characters view the actions of the military as an act of war would be a great sequel hook.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

HWYFA Godzilla's new look in GXK becoming permanent?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

MC_Lovecraft
G-Force Personnel

Post by MC_Lovecraft »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:30 am HWYFA Godzilla's new look in GXK becoming permanent?

I'd prefer it if the blue came back, but I wouldn't hate it. It's a good design. :g2k:

"Godzilla's in another world!!" is a wonderfully ridiculous idea. You thought the genre had a problem with overpowered protagonists before! :lol: