Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

I'm not gonna lie, I think I'm going to delete the game, it's always crashing, saying there was a communication error, and pay to win is just absurd, combine this with all the other cash grab updates we've had, and this game just sucks.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Yeah after using him as a leader for quite a bit, I can safely say that SMG is probably my favorite leader next to G89. His range is fantastic and can usually gun down weakened enemies in 1-2 hits, and can kill 4th Angels before they get within explosion radius. His leader ability has also come in clutch many, many times against Kiryu/Moguera spammers. In all, he's basically Ultima and Kamen Rider rolled into one. I've also been pumping Gmats into him every chance I get, since I absolutely intend on keeping him as my staple leader.
CamtheGodzillaFan wrote:I'm not gonna lie, I think I'm going to delete the game, it's always crashing, saying there was a communication error, and pay to win is just absurd, combine this with all the other cash grab updates we've had, and this game just sucks.
Yeah this game is incredibly unstable for me. It will crash on me mid-match and cost me rank trophies. Almost as annoying is when it crashes during the ASB right as I'm about to complete a challenge.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

The SJHU collab units (at least the ones from Evangelion, Shin Ultraman, and Shin Kamen Rider) will no longer be available in the shop or expeditions following maintenance on December 25th: https://godzillagames.jp/battle_line/ne ... 12401.html

Even the voice lines for the Evas will be removed, which is... really unusual, but okay. Curious if they'll introduce some kind of system that allows you to upgrade non-4-star units since there'll be no way to level up the likes of the Angels or Kumo Augment.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Carrerasaurus
Yojimbo

Post by Carrerasaurus »

GigaBowserG wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:05 am Even the voice lines for the Evas will be removed
WHAT?
So we're never going to hear "EVANGELION! AH SHIT!" again? :(

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Yeah, removing the voicelines is just weird and dumb, this game is really becoming a massive letdown, I've been playing Clash Royale, and it's been much more enjoyable.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Wait, so the units themselves will still be in the game, but their audio clips will be removed? The hell? :?
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:19 pm Wait, so the units themselves will still be in the game, but their audio clips will be removed? The hell? :?
Yup, it's really strange. Another game I'm playing had an Eva crossover like a year ago, and Asuka and her voice lines remained long after the collab ended. Hoping the same doesn't happen to Gamera and Gyaos once the Rebirth collab ends.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Damn, I'm gonna miss hearing Shinji's obnoxious screech when Eva-01 dies :(
ImageImage

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Breakdown wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:56 amDamn, I'm gonna miss hearing Shinji's obnoxious screech when Eva-01 dies :(
I actually scared my brother with that once. I had my phone's volume down low (almost off) and then blasted it when I landed the final blow. He jumped in his seat and snapped "What the **** was that?!" :lol:

Carrerasaurus
Yojimbo

Post by Carrerasaurus »

I'm gonna miss Rei(?) sobbing and gasping dramatically when EVA-00 dies. Even if I haven't really used the EVA units in months...
While we're on the topic, has anybody bothered to translate the voice lines of the game? Not just from the EVA units, but also from Jet Jaguar SP and Kiryu as well?

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Carrerasaurus wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:43 pm I'm gonna miss Rei(?) sobbing and gasping dramatically when EVA-00 dies. Even if I haven't really used the EVA units in months...
While we're on the topic, has anybody bothered to translate the voice lines of the game? Not just from the EVA units, but also from Jet Jaguar SP and Kiryu as well?
When Shinji and Rei say something about A.T. Field, they're saying A.T. Field, Max Level! And that's all I know.

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

All right I'm convinced that they change the difficulty of featured units in studio mode. I got the new G54 two days ago and since using him in studio I'm 1 win against 7 losses. Using random units before that I lost far less than I won, probably 1 out of five. They definitely monkey wrenched the feature monsters.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Alright, so following the latest GBL "2.5 anniversary" stream, quite a bit of news before the next update hits!

1) Minus One Godzilla will be the latest unit, both in a "standard" form and a "Delta" form, as well as a plane unit from the movie - three new units total. The "standard" Godzilla will be 4-star 6-cost, and when on a water tile, can hide underwater and attack with its atomic ray, while attacking with its tail when on land. The "Delta" Godzilla will be 4-star 7-cost, and will be like a turret, charging attacks while completely stationary and firing powerful atomic rays from afar that create large explosions. The new plane unit will be 3-star 2-cost, attacking with a machine gun, and is capable of drawing enemy monsters into attacking it as it flies by. Both the "standard" Godzilla and the plane unit will be part of the regular Battle Pass.

2) The growth rate of leaders are being adjusted again, in particular 4-star leaders. Their HP and attack power are receiving some pretty substantial buffs so that they're more usable at lower levels, at least up to level 20. Their example was Desghidorah at Lv5, where pre-patch it has HP 5650 and Attack Power 286, post-patch it'll have HP 8061 and Attack Power 407.

3) The bronze, silver, and gold Godzilla 1989 skins are temporarily returning. Bronze = 2500th arena ranking or higher; Silver = 500th arena ranking or higher; and Gold = 10th arena ranking or higher.

4) "Commemoration Packs" in the store are being heavily adjusted. A majority of commemoration packs merely consists of expedition maps, some G-stones, and some G-tokens. Now, packs largely consist of 1 or more units, an expedition map, more G-stones, 1 or more G-materials, and 1 or more "choose your monster" type expeditions. Any price changes for these have yet to be revealed.

5) The "Ultimate Battle Pass" will be temporarily returning as well. No word yet on any price changes or what it will contain as rewards, outside of 5 Ultimate Expedition Maps and Minus One Godzilla (not sure if the "Delta" or "standard" version, but images seem to show the "standard" version).

6) The maximum level of Star Ranking in Studio Mode for units will be raised from 30 to 35, and the Studio Ranking will also be raised from 10 to 11. Rewards will largely be centered around stat buffs, G-stones, and G-fragments. In addition, more monsters have the opportunity to have the "Celeb" and "Icon" statuses, which increases the amount of G-tokens you earn in duels.

7) Monster fragments will be added to the daily mission rewards. No word yet on how many fragments will be available in each daily.

8) Commemorative G-stone packs and anniversary missions will be available. Missions will apparently revolve around collecting battle piece fragments for King Ghidorah and SpaceGodzilla.

9) For players who have not played the game for more than 20 days and log in during the 2.5 anniversary event, you will receive an Ultimate Expedition Map (map that allows you to freely choose from 1 of 20 4-star units).

10) The "standard" Minus One Godzilla will be headlining the next All-Star Battle event in mid-December.

11) Reminder that the SJHU collab units (from Evangelion, Shin Ultraman, and Shin Kamen Rider) will no longer be available in the shop or expedition maps following maintenance on December 25th.

12) Certain units will be receiving balance adjustments, including:
King Ghidorah 1991 (HP increase)
Mecha-King Ghidorah (HP increase)
Hedorah, Mature stage (HP and Attack increase)
Rodan 1964 (HP increase)
Biollante will also be unlocked much earlier at Arena Rank 8.
/crawls back under rock

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I'm very glad to hear about 4* leaders finally getting a buff. Hopefully that means we'll see more variety instead of just the usual G89, Gigan '72, etc. I've also been seeing a lot more Shin leaders cropping up.
ImageImage

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

I am thrilled that the collaboration units are leaving, with the exception of Ultraman. Especially the EVA's, which always seemed to gum up my 4 star maps.

-1 seems like he'll be fun, but that plane has a chance to be a real ball buster. It's cheap, and it's luring ability has the potential to really change a battle.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Okay, what the hell is happening with this game in recent weeks? Evolution units are evolving faster than they can be stopped, some units are having their behavior severely altered (Godzilla Earth now chases units halfway across the screen like Rodan 1964 when he always just used to go in a straight line), literally everybody and their mother is using Godzilla Earth, other players seemingly have enough energy to spit out units like they're on a conveyor belt, enemy leaders are shrugging off being surrounded by 3-4 of my nearly maxed out units while 2-3 enemy units are enough to shred down my leader in seconds... What is going on? If it were just one or two people on occasion I'd write it off as cheaters/hackers, but this is happening with nearly every person I go up against. Did Toho do something to this game, or am I just unaware of some basic gameplay... well, basics?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:29 pm Okay, what the hell is happening with this game in recent weeks? Evolution units are evolving faster than they can be stopped, some units are having their behavior severely altered (Godzilla Earth now chases units halfway across the screen like Rodan 1964 when he always just used to go in a straight line), literally everybody and their mother is using Godzilla Earth, other players seemingly have enough energy to spit out units like they're on a conveyor belt, enemy leaders are shrugging off being surrounded by 3-4 of my nearly maxed out units while 2-3 enemy units are enough to shred down my leader in seconds... What is going on? If it were just one or two people on occasion I'd write it off as cheaters/hackers, but this is happening with nearly every person I go up against. Did Toho do something to this game, or am I just unaware of some basic gameplay... well, basics?
You've missed out on patch notes! :P Destoroyah and Mothra recently got some pretty huge buffs (Destoroyah's evolution times for both its larva and flying stages were significantly reduced, while Mothra costs less to summon to the field), and Godzilla Earth in all his glory got buffs in general, in addition to now being able to chase down enemy monsters instead of walking in that straight line trajectory... hence all the play he's been receiving. Can't speak for the leader issues, though.
/crawls back under rock

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Jesus, Minus One's explosion upon being revealed is nutty. Dude nukes a good chunk of the map and does some HEAVY damage.

I also just got the Shinden out of the login bonus. I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs in ranked, since I've heard people say it's a very viable replacement for Kamakurus.
ImageImage

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

When does the alternate version of Minus One go live?

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

So a general inquiry to players of this game.

My main phone game is Marvel Snap, but I am vaguely interested in playing this game. As a new player coming in, is the game welcoming to new players and if so, is it pay to win? I don't mind paying a few bucks here or there, but if it's crazy expensive or tedious I may just avoid this until the next Godzilla game comes out.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon