Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire SPOILER/GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Re: GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMMPIRE - THE SPOILER THREAD, FOLKS

Post by king_ghidorah »

I feel like Dougherty got it better than Wingard in terms of animation and movement personally. Not across the board though. Godzilla running for instance looks way better in GvK than it does in GKOtM.

And comparing the croc mode G with the beauty of what Gareth did is sacrilegious to me. Gareth is the ONLY one who has made these characters consistently move like real creatures.

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

I got questions/thoughts:
Godzilla spears Kong into one of the great pyramids. Could be Godzilla charging at another monster and it moves causing him to collide into Kong.
If not, perhaps Kong is being kind of a dick and just needs an attitude check
If it's their first interaction in the film, why are they in Egypt if Kong is hanging in the H.E.?
Is it possible that pyramids were built in H.E. as well?

As for wrestling moves...Kong giving the stink face to Clyde would be funny...though I prefer primates having some loose link to humanistic move sets, Godzilla should remain more blunt/reptilian/bear like.

In regards to the comment Dougherty applied sumo techniques, I can see that when Godzilla smashes Ghidorah through the building, or Kong knocking G off the aircraft carrier.

I love wrestling but please let's not have one of them doing an AA or F5, and only use a chokeslam if they get J.R. to commentate....CHOKE SLAM, CHOKE SLAM...good God almighty he's broken in half!!!
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

This thread is getting so difficult to follow. Is everyone talking about things that are actually happening in this film or is everyone in a speculation sprail?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legion1979 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:22 am This thread is getting so difficult to follow. Is everyone talking about things that are actually happening in this film or is everyone in a speculation sprail?
The wrestling moves are a joke, the spear through the prymid is real.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Post by Handsome Shrek »

I still love how Godzilla is clearly stronger than Kong in these movies. The Tasman Sea fight for example still gets me: Kong put all of his strength into that one punch and Godzilla was only shaken for a second before retaliating and non-chalantly smacked Kong, effortlessly throwing him to the floor
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

Kaijucifer
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijucifer »

king_ghidorah wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:04 am I feel like Dougherty got it better than Wingard in terms of animation and movement personally. Not across the board though. Godzilla running for instance looks way better in GvK than it does in GKOtM.

And comparing the croc mode G with the beauty of what Gareth did is sacrilegious to me. Gareth is the ONLY one who has made these characters consistently move like real creatures.
I don't really agree with this. I feel Dougherty did it best, also minus the sprint to clash. Not only did Dougherty change the design to better fit a creature like Godzilla (getting rid of the ineffective sauropod feet and adding longer claws more fitting a bipedal predator, lengthening the tail and making it thicker for more power and balance, bulking Godzilla up so his body is larger proportionately to his head and changing his spines to be more erratic as if they seeped out like magma and were rapidly cooled instead of being shaped like weirdly broken glass shards). All these design choices seem to have been made not only to make Godzilla more aesthetically traditional, but also better befit a in real life creature should square cube law not exist.

Added in 2 minutes 21 seconds:
MrRockett wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:45 am I got questions/thoughts:
Godzilla spears Kong into one of the great pyramids. Could be Godzilla charging at another monster and it moves causing him to collide into Kong.
If it's their first interaction in the film, why are they in Egypt if Kong is hanging in the H.E.?

As for wrestling moves...Kong giving the stink face to Clyde would be funny...though I prefer primates having some loose link to humanistic move sets, Godzilla should remain more blunt/reptilian/bear like.

In regards to the comment Dougherty applied sumo techniques, I can see that when Godzilla smashes Ghidorah through the building, or Kong knocking G off the aircraft carrier.

I love wrestling but please let's not have one of them doing an AA or F5, and only use a chokeslam if they get J.R. to commentate....CHOKE SLAM, CHOKE SLAM...good God almighty he's broken in half!!!
An F5 works though! Godzilla could just hold Shimu up on his shoulders, then lift and toss him to collide with the ground with an Earth-shattering tremor!
Last edited by Kaijucifer on Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

2019's tail is literally shorter than 2014's tho

-|Enoch|-
Monsterland Worker

Post by -|Enoch|- »

has there been another plot leak? where are you getting this pyramid info from?

Kaijucifer
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijucifer »

Godzillakuj94 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:51 am 2019's tail is literally shorter than 2014's tho
Visually it would appear so but it isnt, believe it or not.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

-|Enoch|- wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:52 am

Vieweranon (has been a reliable leaker for years) talked about it
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Kaijucifer wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:16 am
Godzillakuj94 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:51 am 2019's tail is literally shorter than 2014's tho
Visually it would appear so but it isnt, believe it or not.
You sure about that? I agree with everything else you said re: Dougherty’s take on Godzilla, but I think 2014’s tail is longer than 2019’s.

I could be wrong, though.

-|Enoch|-
Monsterland Worker

Post by -|Enoch|- »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:32 am
-|Enoch|- wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:52 am

Vieweranon (has been a reliable leaker for years) talked about it
thanks for the intel. has he posted anything else regarding GxK?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

^aside from corroborating the other leaks, no
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

-|Enoch|-
Monsterland Worker

Post by -|Enoch|- »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:38 am ^aside from corroborating the other leaks, no
thanks. what did he say about the other leaks?

King Dan
Yojimbo

Post by King Dan »

Why does the new Ape titan look like a cross between Bert from Sesame Street and Clifford?? Why??

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

King Dan wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:50 am Why does the new Ape titan look like a cross between Bert from Sesame Street and Clifford?? Why??
Because American designers suck at creating/naming new monsters?

"Oh I don't know, just chop the trunk off a mammoth and call it....what's another word for mammoth....Behemoth. That's good enough."
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Um Pacific Rim, Cloverfield, The Relic numerous other examples.

-|Enoch|-
Monsterland Worker

Post by -|Enoch|- »

VA tweeted there is no son of kong in the movie.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Not an actual son of Kong but an adopted one ala Grogu

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Legendary Minya wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:56 am
King Dan wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:50 am Why does the new Ape titan look like a cross between Bert from Sesame Street and Clifford?? Why??
Because American designers suck at creating/naming new monsters?

"Oh I don't know, just chop the trunk off a mammoth and call it....what's another word for mammoth....Behemoth. That's good enough."
Exactly why do Americans suck at designing and/or naming monsters? Is it a lack of cultural and contextual ideas that are innately Japanese?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.