DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
17%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
48%

Total votes: 42

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Got back from seeing The Flash it was overhyped by WB but even still its pretty good. This is Ezra's best performance as the The Flash even though I still absolutely think they should be recast. Michael Keaton was great to the point that I hope we get an Elseworlds movie with him. Sasha Calle was ok but underdeveloped but I down for her staying as Supergirl. Lots of cameos that we got excited about at my showing the only negative I really have is that the cgi was wonky but considering how overworked the VFX companies are I don't think that's a fair criticism. Overall I had a fun time and plan to see it again.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Sounds like Gunn's got his final three for Superman and Lois

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comm ... ames_gunn/

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Flash looks like its going to be a bomb at the box office.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:51 am Flash looks like its going to be a bomb at the box office.
Yikes, isn't that like seven bombs in a row for DC? How are they even still making movies?
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:42 am
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:51 am Flash looks like its going to be a bomb at the box office.
Yikes, isn't that like seven bombs in a row for DC? How are they even still making movies?
I think the films still turn profit but the studio is expecting them to do a lot more.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:05 pm
I think the films still turn profit but the studio is expecting them to do a lot more.
Some of them do, I guess. Shazam! Fury of the Gods didn't even break even after marketing costs. I've just never seen a series produce so many box office bombs and keep on going.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:01 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:05 pm

Some of them do, I guess. Shazam! Fury of the Gods didn't even break even after marketing costs. I've just never seen a series produce so many box office bombs and keep on going.
Well they are rebooting now, Flash was the last of the old phase of movies.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Is the last of the DCEU not Aquaman 2 later this year? I know Blue Beetle was said to lie outside of both the DCEU and the new universe so it could be added/ignored based on reception.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:26 pm Is the last of the DCEU not Aquaman 2 later this year? I know Blue Beetle was said to lie outside of both the DCEU and the new universe so it could be added/ignored based on reception.
I forgot Aquaman 2 was coming out. Blue Beetle is the start of the New DCU according to Gunn.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Apparently James Gunn has both Bill and Alexander Skarsgard to potentially be Lex Luthor.

https://twitter.com/homeofdcu/status/16 ... ode%3Dtrue
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Plus Warner selling off a bunch of their assets. Even the MonsterVerse while profitable have only been marginal successes. At least Warner doesn't over inflate their value like they do with DC. I mean a bunch of the problems stem from Batman V Superman. It was a huge success but because it didn't make a billion it was written off as a failure. Sure the critical response was awful but it still made a ton of money.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Nice! Was rooting for Rachel. Something about her just screamed Lois Lane to me.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Anyone care to guess who will be our Lex Luthor? Also, what can this movie do to fix what went wrong with both Superman Returns and Man of Steel?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

If they don’t get Bill Skarsgard as Joker and Alexander as Lex they’d be passing up a beautiful opportunity for a great Legion of Doom. Give Nicholas Hoult Scarecrow and Jensen Ackles Batman.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:26 am If they don’t get Bill Skarsgard as Joker and Alexander as Lex they’d be passing up a beautiful opportunity for a great Legion of Doom. Give Nicholas Hoult Scarecrow and Jensen Ackles Batman.
I'm not a fan of Jensen Ackles as Batman - felt like his Batman in the animated movies he's done was subpar at best personally. I know live action and animation are very different mediums, but The Long Halloween killed my interest on his take.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:34 pm ^Anyone care to guess who will be our Lex Luthor?
Rumors have circulated for a while either Alexander Skarsgard or Nicholas Hoult are the front runners.
Also, what can this movie do to fix what went wrong with both Superman Returns and Man of Steel?
Honestly?

Ignore everything.

Don't look at any other comic book movie, what worked, what didn't. Just make a Supdrman movie.

The timeless quality of the original Reeves films is why they're so iconic and hold up. Just like the comics, it always feels like Superman's story.

Added in 3 minutes 38 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:26 am If they don’t get Bill Skarsgard as Joker and Alexander as Lex they’d be passing up a beautiful opportunity for a great Legion of Doom. Give Nicholas Hoult Scarecrow and Jensen Ackles Batman.
Bill as Joker is one I haven't thought of (I was hoping Brainiac tbh) but good choice.

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Billy just played a clown, don't think I need to see him typed cast like that lol.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:36 pm Billy just played a clown, don't think I need to see him typed cast like that lol.
I mean playing the two most iconic film clowns would be something I’m sure he’d love under his belt. Plus he loves to put 110% in to all of his weirdo roles.

Even when he isn’t playing the odd one out, Look at how they used him as a meta red herring in “Barbarian” since they knew audiences see him as a certain kind of character by default.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Blue Beetle has started out strong with an 86% RT score with 29 reviews. Too bad nobody will probably see it.