What do you want in life?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Voyager
Keizer

What do you want in life?

Post by Voyager »

Title. Your hopes and dreams and stuff.

Personally, I want to make the world a better place. I wish I could just clean up the world, and get rid of everything bad. I know I can’t, but I think it’s a good stance. I want to take action against pedos first and foremost. Nothing disgusts me more than child molestors.

I also want to:

-Serve my country in a dire time of need (war’s a likely prospect in the future, so I’d like to serve my country and protect freedom, democracy and liberty).

-Get married and have a (nuclear) family. If my SO doesn’t want kids, I’d be perfectly fine with that. It’d mean the love would be spent just between the two of us!

-Get more in touch with myself (spiritually). I’ve already talked about my theoretical God, but here’s a rundown. This God would be one that is truely all-loving. This God wouldn’t care how you lived your life, and would reward you in the afterlife with an eternity of your making. A paradise you create, whatever you want it to be, you can make it so. This isn’t to say you can be a morally wrong person, I still feel there’d be something if you’ve done a heinous crime like murder, and I’d just feel guilty if I were a bad person. As a Christian (?) I never felt comfortable with the one presented in the Tanakh, Bible or Quran, as I feel this would be a very silly way for an all-knowing, all-loving and all-powerful being way to act. Anyways, I got sidetracked. Getting more spiritual helps my soul calm, and it helps me to deal with real/physical world issues.

I don’t really know, I just want to care for others. Whether it be a family, my community, my country, the world and beyond. Even if it gives me little in return, the prospect of eternal paradise and love makes it all worth it.
For Emperor and Empire!

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Re: What do you want in life?

Post by master_of_monsters »

your source of self destruction

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Torn between my more material ambitions and those more in the philosophical realm. But I'm not going to lie, I would like to live at least an upper-middle class to upepr class lifestyle in the next few years. I think and hope I am trending in that direction.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I want to play a role, however small, in helping the world become better than it was even in these times of crisis—not just the civilized world, but the natural world as well.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I want to live comfortably, have a job i don't hate, sleep, start a family, and die.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I would love to win a large lottery and give roughly half of it to my friends and family. I will also donate to charity.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I want to have enough money to finally move out of my parents' house and find myself a nice, welcoming single-story house to live, start my career as a screenwriter and start a family of my own with a lovely wife.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Enough means to live sequestered from the grid if need be, and enough to take care of any and all of my people.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

- Move to the Pacific Northwest somewhere.
- Meet a hot nerd girl.
- Get a decent display setup for my figure collection.
- Win the lottery. Nothing huge, just enough to live and collect comfortably.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

More stuff!

- A nice car.
- Home in the Sydney Suburbs or City Proper.
- Meet a girl who’s both attractive and shares the same interests as I do.
- Get a cute puppy.
For Emperor and Empire!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

- I want the world to come together and for the climate crisis to be dealt with swiftly.
- I want the rise of fascism in Canada and the US to be stamped out.
- I want Indigenous peoples, other ethnic minorities, LBGTQ, and women to be safe and respected in society.
- I would like to ideally live past the age of 50.
- If the world becomes a safer place (unlikely), starting a family might be nice.

All of these are pipe dreams at this point, sadly.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Spuro wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:43 am - I want the world to come together and for the climate crisis to be dealt with swiftly.
- I want the rise of fascism in Canada and the US to be stamped out.
- I want Indigenous peoples, other ethnic minorities, LBGTQ, and women to be safe and respected in society.
- I would like to ideally live past the age of 50.
- If the world becomes a safer place (unlikely), starting a family might be nice.
Fucking ALL of this.

Added in 28 seconds:
Minus the starting a family bit for me personally, but that's just me.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

For now I have pretty much everything I could possibly want in life. The only thing I want besides more materialistic gains, is to maybe move from Japan to another country (somewhere in Europe/Scandinavia, or even South-East Asia) in 5-10 years. I eventually will move back to the United States, but I want to live a variety of different experiences. Even if I go back to the US, I'd move to someplace like Texas, or Oregon.

Other than that, my actual life goal is to create something akin to Godzilla. I don't mean something as popular, or a Godzilla clone, but I want to create a work of art/literature that someone out there likes and enjoys, or gets value out of as much as I do with Godzilla. I want someone to look at what I make and go, "oh man that's awesome".
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Oh, this topic is going to get deep. Taking a break from trying to find a relationship for now following my last one, I'm focusing more on myself than anything. Just changed job types and got out of wood/plastic manufacturing and haven't been so happy in a long while. Finally feeling like myself again. Also going back to the gym to get myself back in shape again. I let myself go a bit a few years ago and got about 50 lbs I want to lose by Summer. That'll put me in the 200 lb range with a decent build like I had around 2013, which is where I feel I was in the best shape. Keeping in decent shape is something I want in life.

Remembrance and fame is also something I've always chased after. As a certain movie once said, everyone chases after either fame or fortune. Most people want fortune. I want fame. This is one of the reasons I sort of have a bit of a "cult of personality" going on no matter where I go to, or what job I work in. It's no secret I'm an attention whore and like when people talk about me. So before I kick the bucket in 60-70 years, I want to do something to actually be remembered by. Like LSD, hopefully something tied to the kaiju genre that I've invested so much time and focus on. This is actually one of my greatest fears in life - Going with a soft whimper instead of a long bang.

I guess you could say I have narcissistic tendencies, but there's not much I can really do to change that. I've never put people by my side behind me for the sake of myself, so there is that. Those that have known me for a decade plus can attest to that.

Overcoming my depression and anxiety was a big thing I managed to do, including getting off of my meds (thanks, weed!). Remaining in this mindset and laser focused on my various goals is something else I want in life.

Being rich would be nice, no doubt. But not something I specifically want out of life. Making a living wage that allows me to do and buy what I want is enough for me. And that hasn't been an issue since 2013. Finding a busty redhead with a bouncy ass and awesome personality would also be nice, but I'd settle for just finding "the one" whenever she crosses my path. My personality and confidence has allowed me to get laid more often than not when I actually try... so I have no doubt I'll be able to settle when I really want to settle. But finding "the one" is also something I want out of life. Just maybe, not right now.

I want to eventually move out west and visit Japan for a few months, but that's all going to be years away. Not a life time, but at least 5-10 years before either of those become reality. If even then.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I'd like to live in Italy.
For Emperor and Empire!

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I guess I'll break my wants down into short term goals and long-term goals.

Short Term:

-Lose weight/get healthy. Back in 2009 I was at my heaviest which was about 350lbs so early that year I decided to get serious about my health and started eating right and exercising more. By the end of that year, I ended up losing 130lbs and got down to about 220. The following year in 2010 I lost my job which was actually a good thing because it was a dead-end job anyway and then started putting weight back on. I then started at my Wal-Mart a year later and managed to keep the weight down for the most part until I transferred departments; I ended up going to Electronics and loved it at first but as time went on, I just got more and more burnt out and depressed for lack of a better word and ended up putting on more and more weight. This caused me to have liver issues which have thankfully been fixed for the most part. Then just over two years ago I transferred departments again and I'm much happier however my weight is back up to around 300 lbs again so I'd like to get that down. My mental health could be a bit better too. At the end of this year, I'll be turning 40 and I'm coming to terms with some realities I don't quite want to face yet, like my parents passing away which is probably still a good 20+ years away but still it's been waying heavy on my mind as of late. Plus, the fact that I feel like I really haven't done anything significant with my life yet.

-Advance my career. I'm currently in a really good place at my job. When a manager isn't around, I'm usually left in charge, so I'd like to see that expanded and maybe become an actual manager, preferably in my current department. If for some reason management isn't in my future, then I'd like to find a place to make decent money. Money isn't everything to me but at the same time I'd like to be able to live comfortably.

-Enjoy what little free time I have. I mean this is pretty self-explanatory. I just feel so busy with work that when I do get free time, I want to enjoy it.

Long Term:

-Get my own place/get more financially secure. A few years back I was living with my cousin and living paycheck to paycheck at that time I wasn't making that much money and I was very loose with my money. It got to the point that I had to file bankruptcy just to dig myself out of the hole I had dug. A year after that I decided to move back home with my parent to try and save money and rebuild credit, I'm now making decent money and I make good financial decisions. On top of that I'd like to get into investing to help with finaicial goals.

-Find a relationship. I'm currently single and have spent the past few years focusing on me so I want to start looking for someone to have a meaningful relationship with and possibly start a family. I'm undecided if I want children yet myself.

Dream Goals:

-Win the lottery. I'd love to win a large lottery and then take the money and travel, build my dream home and just invest it into business opportunities so I can sit back and do as I please. Realistically this isn't going to happen hence why it's on the dream goals.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I don't know what I want out of life anymore, to be honest with you.

I have a few goals related to financial matters but that's not best discussed aloud, but I don't have anything in the grand sense anymore. I'd like a little more money.

My guiding light for a long time was a desire to produce works creatively not merely out of self-expression but because I had found inspiration such a beautiful thing that I had hoped in some silly way that my own creative works could inspire others. I don't really believe in that anymore, I don't view art through the same lens as I used to, and that changes a lot of the supporting questions and decisions involved. My creative drive has been dead for a couple of years and it isn't coming back.

There also used to goals relating to relationships but I realize in retrospect some of my expectations were downright unhealthy; since then I've gradually lost any interest in having a relationship or starting a family as well. That's not in the cards for me. I've accepted it.

There's other things, but I'm ultimately left with very little in terms of concrete ideas for where I want to go from here.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Most of my goals are short term, I'm kind of an in the now type person, but I've got one or two long term goals

1. Keep my current relationship going strong. In the last year I've met a fantastic girl, and due to environmental circumstances, our relationship will be changing for a little while, and I just don't want to screw it up, she means an awful lot to me and I'd really like to go the distance with her.
2. Study for my professional engineering exam. I had decided I wanted to become a P.E. and had tried studying the past 6 months but it didn't work out. Now that I'm out of college I'd like to pick that back up. Currently I'm in the relax a little bit mindset, so I'm not ready to start that yet, but I don't want to permanently drop it.
3. Maintain good fitness. I was in a club sport that kept me in pretty good shape. Now that it is over, I want to make sure I get back into the routine and stay a similar level of fitness.
4. Read 20 pages every day for the rest of the year. I realize I have an extensive backlog of books I'd like to get through, some for personal interest, some for personal development, some because why not. But it's a pretty daunting task. However, I think I can get a bunch accomplished if I set a goal like x pages a day and really just stick to it.
5. Become an active member in the community. I've got some ideas of how I can accomplish this, I just actually need to set my mind to them.

Long term goals
1. Get my master's degree? I know I just got out of college, but I think I'd like to head back to get my master's degree sometime later. It's not something that I want to do now, I can't commit to more school atm, but I think it would be satisfying to do in a few years.
2. Become more knowledgeable about the Toku genre, its history/development and become something of a community resource. I think it would be something special to be even a fraction as knowledgeable as some of the people I've met here.
3. When I retire, I think I'd like to teach chemistry to high schoolers.
He Jock it Made of Steel

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Write stories people can enjoy. I don't care if people remember me or not, but if they enjoy the characters and they leave some sort of impression, then that'd be more than enough for me. Retire and live out in some cabin in the woods, though my girlfriend hates that idea, so maybe a quiet town somewhere will suffice :P As long as it's just me and her.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I'm a different person to who I was when I created this thread, but most is the same.

I'd like to serve God as faithfully as I can.
Raise a family.
Live comfortably.
For Emperor and Empire!