Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Mothra seems pretty good, with the ability to give back 2 energy on death, and having range that Kamen Rdier leader can't hit, with the slow effect as well, makes me feel like Mothra is a solid 8.5/10, oh, and she's immune to stun and can apply said effect for 20 seconds.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:53 pm Mothra seems pretty good, with the ability to give back 2 energy on death, and having range that Kamen Rdier leader can't hit, with the slow effect as well, makes me feel like Mothra is a solid 8.5/10, oh, and she's immune to stun and can apply said effect for 20 seconds.
I agree Mothra 2019 is solid, and super surprised she has the same reach as Minilla and Ultima. However, one thing to highlight: she's not immune to stun. She gets the immunity from her boost effect, meaning she loses it after those 20 seconds.

Anyway, updating the range list:

Reach "4"
EVA-08: Sniper Mode

Reach "3"
Super X

Reach "2"
Minilla
Godzilla Ultima
Markalite Cannon
Zetton
Mothra 2019
Godzilla Ultima [Leader]

Reach "1"
Ultraman
10th Angel
Kiryu Kai: Maser Attack
Godzilla Earth
Kumo Augment
SpaceGodzilla [Leader]
Godzilla 2004 [Leader]
Shin Godzilla [Leader]
Masked Rider [Leader]
Last edited by Arbok on Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Well this is a lovely new bug, wondering if this is effecting anyone else or just lucky me.....when I watch an add to refresh the units for sale in the store, naturally it makes me sit through the ad but then it doesn't actually load any new units. Been this way for a week or so. Anyone else?
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

Carrerasaurus
Yojimbo

Post by Carrerasaurus »

Arbok wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:59 pm Anyway, updating the range list:

Reach "1"
Ultraman
10th Angel
Godzilla Earth
Kumo Augment
SpaceGodzilla [Leader]
Godzilla 2004 [Leader]
Shin Godzilla [Leader]
Masked Rider [Leader]
Shouldn't Showa Mechagodzilla be in Reach 1? He can attack out of some leaders' range with his laser.
Legendary Minya wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:38 am Well this is a lovely new bug, wondering if this is effecting anyone else or just lucky me.....when I watch an add to refresh the units for sale in the store, naturally it makes me sit through the ad but then it doesn't actually load any new units. Been this way for a week or so. Anyone else?
Yeah, there was a problem with the new shop that seems to have affected everyone, but this bug has been fixed already. It's working normally for me, at least.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Legendary Minya wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:38 amAnyone else?
That's been happening for me, too.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Legendary Minya wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:38 am Well this is a lovely new bug, wondering if this is effecting anyone else or just lucky me.....when I watch an add to refresh the units for sale in the store, naturally it makes me sit through the ad but then it doesn't actually load any new units. Been this way for a week or so. Anyone else?
On the bug fix radar for the GBL team. You can refresh if you have the emulated AndApp version, but it costs 5 G-stones per refresh.

Also, the 3rd official voting campaign is live! Using a specific hashtag by Quote Retweeting the following post & following the account, you can vote for one of 11 monsters to join the game: https://twitter.com/Gz_battleline/statu ... 0205686785

Godzilla (1999)
MOGUERA
Varan (1968)
Megalon
Rodan (2021)
Anguirus (2021)
New Gotengo
Rainbow Mothra
Orga
Kumonga (1967)
Super Mechagodzilla
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I can't vote as per usual due to not having Twitter, but I'm really rooting for MOGUERA, Megalon, New Gotengo, and Kumonga '67. After them would be Orga and Varan '68 (odd that they would go with the Destroy All Monsters Varan over the 1958 original). I'd like to see all the others added eventually, sure, but I think there's been enough of units that are just other incarnations of other units. Godzilla '99/"2000" is honestly one of my favorite versions of Godzilla, but we already have like twenty different Godzillas in the game. Let's get some more entirely new monsters in first.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

What are you guys seeing as effective counters against 2019 Ghidorah and Mothra? Been trying to throw everything I can find at them (Aggregates, Dorats, tanks, distracting them with Kamacurus, etc) but haven’t seen a hard counter yet.

Mothra is really annoying that she can snipe and stun opponents and Ghidorah’s spawn shock screws with my pushes real bad.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

I took a month or two off from the game, so my rank went to hell.....which was good, because I didn't really see anyone cheating until I got back up.... some people are still RIDICULOUS.... had someone last night somehow able to summon Battra, Fire Rodan, Godzilla Ultima, Mothra and KG 2019 all in a five second span of time. Really makes me wish you could just play single player only, but, oh well. I REALLY hope Kumonga wins the poll....if not him, Godzilla 1999, MOGUERA, Orga or Megalon would be okay. I'd MUCH rather have a 68 Anguirus (or at least a skin for the 55 version, that'd be fine) than more SP trash.... and the shop bug I mentioned earlier is definitely not fixed for me, which is SUPER ANNOYING. Tired of only having the same trash units available to purchase every day no matter what I do.... sigh.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Speaking of problems with this game, is anyone else getting this "There are currently no ads" b.s.? I can't use Expedition Map short cuts or buy Maps from the store or anything. I'll be able to use one and then the option will be grayed out after that. Is this a bug or did they change how the short cuts work now?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:02 pm Speaking of problems with this game, is anyone else getting this "There are currently no ads" b.s.? I can't use Expedition Map short cuts or buy Maps from the store or anything. I'll be able to use one and then the option will be grayed out after that. Is this a bug or did they change how the short cuts work now?
This'll usually happen to me for the expeditions if the ad is super short (10s or something), usually closing the little expedition window for a couple of seconds and re-opening it will bring the option to roll back, same with dailies. I've always had more trouble trying to reroll with ads if I'm out and about using data versus being connected to the home wifi, though.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Carrerasaurus wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:49 amShouldn't Showa Mechagodzilla be in Reach 1? He can attack out of some leaders' range with his laser.
Good catch, yes he should along with King Ghidorah 2019. Btw, I don't have him yet so can't confirm, but what kind of range does he as a leader have for those who've unlocked him?

Anyway the updated list:

Reach "4"
EVA-08: Sniper Mode

Reach "3"
Super X

Reach "2"
Minilla
Markalite Cannon
Godzilla Ultima
Zetton
Mothra 2019
Godzilla Ultima [Leader]

Reach "1"
Godzilla Earth
Ultraman
10th Angel
Kumo Augment
Mechagodzilla 1974
King Ghidorah 2019
SpaceGodzilla [Leader]
Godzilla 2004 [Leader]
Shin Godzilla [Leader]
Masked Rider [Leader]
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:36 am What are you guys seeing as effective counters against 2019 Ghidorah and Mothra? Been trying to throw everything I can find at them (Aggregates, Dorats, tanks, distracting them with Kamacurus, etc) but haven’t seen a hard counter yet.

Mothra is really annoying that she can snipe and stun opponents and Ghidorah’s spawn shock screws with my pushes real bad.
With Ghidorah, Mothra Leo works fairly well. He may or may not be able to solo Ghidorah, so it's good to give him heavy-hitting backup like Battra, Super-X or GMK Godzilla. As for Mothra, wait until she targets a unit like Kamacurus and attack her with another unit like Leo.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:36 am What are you guys seeing as effective counters against 2019 Ghidorah and Mothra? Been trying to throw everything I can find at them (Aggregates, Dorats, tanks, distracting them with Kamacurus, etc) but haven’t seen a hard counter yet.

Stick with the distractions with Kamas, but also use Leo, GMK, or Battra.

But to be fair, GMK is a counter to pretty much everything right now.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Something really weird happened the other day. Towards the end of the match, I played Moguera.....without even noticing I already had a Moguera still (barely) living on the play field....so for a few moments I had two active at once. Literally the first and only time I've ever seen the game glitch in MY favor.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I think I've actually seen that myself, once or twice.

You... You don't think you can actually play multiple Mogueras at once, do you? As a nod to how there were multiple Mogueras in The Mysterians? Is this a mechanic that somehow nobody knows about??

Carrerasaurus
Yojimbo

Post by Carrerasaurus »

The game recognizes Moguera as a spell piece instead of an unit, despite releasing an unit on the field when used. Moguera is in the same group as stuff like Psychic Chorus and Freezing Sonde, meaning you don't have to wait for the old Moguera to die to deploy a new one.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

It's the game's 2nd anniversary! Log in to receive a free Shin Godzilla piece, as well as receive x2 golden expedition maps (Mysterious Expedition Maps) daily from now till June 29th. Pretty good deal.

Also, Super Mechagodzilla won the latest poll. Go figure, the "choose a monster to join the poll" monster won the poll in the end.
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/crawls back under rock

MireGojira
Monsterland Worker

Post by MireGojira »

GigaBowserG wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:46 pm It's the game's 2nd anniversary! Log in to receive a free Shin Godzilla piece, as well as receive x2 golden expedition maps (Mysterious Expedition Maps) daily from now till June 29th. Pretty good deal.

Also, Super Mechagodzilla won the latest poll. Go figure, the "choose a monster to join the poll" monster won the poll in the end.
Godzilla (1999) and Orga came in second and third. Would that mean they'll be added later on like Godzilla (Burning), Mecha - King Ghidorah etc were when they were in the top five?

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

*Another Godzilla and another Mechagodzilla.*

LAME
Carrerasaurus wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:30 pmThe game recognizes Moguera as a spell piece instead of an unit, despite releasing an unit on the field when used. Moguera is in the same group as stuff like Psychic Chorus and Freezing Sonde, meaning you don't have to wait for the old Moguera to die to deploy a new one.
Oh, damn, I didn't actually think that was a thing. :shock: This changes everything. Or at least some things. Maybe just one thing.