Latest Purchases Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Re: Latest Purchases Thread

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

mikelcho wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:11 pm
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:48 pm Call of Duty: WWII, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and Dead Space remake for Xbox.

God of War: Ragnarok, Kena: Bridge of Spirits and R-Type Final 3: Evolved for PS5.

Howl's Moving Castle on Blu-Ray.

Kaiju No.8 volumes 1, 3, 4 and 5. They didn't have volume 2.

Batman: The Long Halloween and The Long Halloween Deluxe Edition The Prequel: Haunted Knight comic books.
Now all you need to finish the storyline is Batman: The Long Halloween Deluxe Edition - The Sequel: Dark Victory and Batman: The Long Halloween Deluxe Edition - Catwoman: When in Rome.

Btw, is the first book you mentioned Batman: The Long Halloween Deluxe Edition? It isn't too clear if it is or not.
Oh God, there's more? I didn't know that.

Anyway, to answer your question, it doesn't say "Deluxe Edition" on it, but it is a new edition of the classic comic. The back says that it includes four story pages cut from the original series, which are colored and restored to their place in the story.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Yet another magazine from Walgreens as of today:

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 2:59 pm
mikelcho wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:11 pm
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:48 pm Call of Duty: WWII, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and Dead Space remake for Xbox.

God of War: Ragnarok, Kena: Bridge of Spirits and R-Type Final 3: Evolved for PS5.

Howl's Moving Castle on Blu-Ray.

Kaiju No.8 volumes 1, 3, 4 and 5. They didn't have volume 2.

Batman: The Long Halloween and The Long Halloween Deluxe Edition The Prequel: Haunted Knight comic books.
Now all you need to finish the storyline is Batman: The Long Halloween Deluxe Edition - The Sequel: Dark Victory and Batman: The Long Halloween Deluxe Edition - Catwoman: When in Rome.

Btw, is the first book you mentioned Batman: The Long Halloween Deluxe Edition? It isn't too clear if it is or not.

Anyway, to answer your question, it doesn't say "Deluxe Edition" on it, but it is a new edition of the classic comic. The back says that it includes four story pages cut from the original series, which are colored and restored to their place in the story.
Can you please show me a picture of it? Maybe I can tell you what it is from there.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I just bought the DVD set Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp: The Complete Series - 50th Anniversary Edition (1970-2020).

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

mikelcho wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 4:33 pm
mikelcho wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:11 pm Now all you need to finish the storyline is Batman: The Long Halloween Deluxe Edition - The Sequel: Dark Victory and Batman: The Long Halloween Deluxe Edition - Catwoman: When in Rome.

Can you please show me a picture of it? Maybe I can tell you what it is from there.
I don't know how to have pictures that I take on my phone and upload them in the TK forums, so here's a link to a website instead:
https://www.newburycomics.com/products/ ... 7200122985

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I finally bought a PlayStation 5. There were four in stock at one of my local Targets. I saw them there last week and I've been waiting since then for the perfect time to buy one.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:28 am
mikelcho wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 4:33 pm

I don't know how to have pictures that I take on my phone and upload them in the TK forums, so here's a link to a website instead:
https://www.newburycomics.com/products/ ... 7200122985
Yeah, that's one of the early trade paperbacks of it. The Deluxe Edition of this book and the Deluxe Editions of the other three books are all hardcovers right now.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I found out that my DVD set of Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp: The Complete Series - 50th Anniversary Edition (1970-2020) is not only going to have the complete and unedited TV series in it, but also on a bonus DVD the 1999 documentary on the TV series titled I Created Lancelot Link as well.
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu May 11, 2023 11:56 am, edited 5 times in total.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

The Best Buy exclusive 4K Ultra release of Akira Kurosawa's "Ran" and Assorted Absurdities: Tales of Kaijupunk & Other Genres by Ryan Collins (aka the Omni Viewer).

I also purchased Solar Ash, Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain and Castlevania Requiem (a bundle of Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night) from the PlayStation Store.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

My DVD set of Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp: 50th Anniversary edition (1970-2020) just arrived today!

And the bonus disc is actually a CD of the Lancelot Link 1970 record album Lancelot Link and the Evolution Revolution (don't worry, though; the 1999 documentary on the TV series I Created Lancelot Link is still there, bot on the bonus features disc).
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat May 13, 2023 3:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I recently bought the KINO Lorber Studio Classics Blu-ray of One Million Years B.C.
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

mikelcho wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:19 pm My DVD set of Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp: 50th Anniversary Edition (1970-2020) just arrived today!

And the bonus disc is actually a CD of the Lancelot Link 1970 record album Lancelot Link and the Evolution Revolution (don't worry, though; the 1999 documentary on the TV series I Created Lancelot Link is still there, bot on the bonus features disc).

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I bought a Steam Deck and a sealed copy of Cyberpunk 2077 for the Xbox.

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

The Super Mario Bros Movie 4K BD, BD and Digital. For some reason most retailers have started selling this early even though Universal just announced the date yesterday.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Super Smash Bros. Brawl and the Criterion Collection Blu-rays of Modern Times, City Lights, The Circus, The Great Dictator, Cat People and WALL-E.

EDIT: I just bought a PlayStation Vita.
Last edited by CrimsonBloodX on Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Movies:
Bram Stoker's Dracula 4K BD/BD/Digital
The Fifth Element 4K BD/BD/Digital
Antman and the Wasp 3 4K BD/BD/Digital

Board Games:
Betrayal at House on the Hill 3rd Edition
Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

mikelcho wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:21 am
mikelcho wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:19 pm My DVD set of Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp: 50th Anniversary Edition (1970-2020) just arrived today!

And the bonus disc is actually a CD of the Lancelot Link 1970 record album Lancelot Link and the Evolution Revolution (don't worry, though; the 1999 documentary on the TV series I Created Lancelot Link is still there, but on the bonus features disc).

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

A little while back, I got the trade paperback version of the three-issue comic book miniseries 20 Million Miles More from the imprint Ray Harryhausen Presents by BlueWater Comics (now TideWater Comics) for half price (it was originally $11.99).

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Just won myself a Bandai 1996 Death Ghidorah off Buyee for 71 bucks. Still in the plastic wrap.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Latest item from eBay is a fairly interesting one as far as Godzilla collectables go:

These are two sides of the same bill.