Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
2%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
3%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
4%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
3%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 398

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh yeah Guardians 3 is super good! Guardians 2 had GREAT emotion moments...but some of the humor is damn forced! Oh hah hah Rocket can't get over making fun of Taserface's stupid ass name! Never gets old! See now the gold woman laughing at him in his final moments, that is funny. So I'm like 'if they combine emotion of 2 with 1's humor it'd be perfect.' And yay I'd say 3 is damn near perfect.

Oh lord I'd love to have a big kaiju scene where they smash through mook monsters like the hallway bit.
And I hated The High Evolutionary so much that I didn't want to see him get a big fight I wanted him to get thrown around like a toy by all of them. Which I got.

Handsome Shrek
JXSDF Technician

Post by Handsome Shrek »

I rank based on tiers. S Tier is best. No particular order in each tier, just listing em. I don't include Incredible Hulk because I don't personally include it in my headcanon. Guardians of the Galaxy 3 is awful. Solid F-tier.

S Tier:
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Captain America: Civil War
Thor: Ragnarok
Avengers: Infinity War

A Tier:
Iron-Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Spider-Man: Far from Home

B Tier:
Black Panther
Spider-Man: No Way Home

C Tier:
Iron-Man 2
Captain America: First Avenger
The Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Avengers: Endgame
Black Widow
Shang Chi
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

D Tier:
Thor
Iron-Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

F Tier:
Eternals
Thor: Love and Thunder
Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

My MCU Movie Tiers

S Tier:
- Iron Man
- The Avengers
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Spider-Man: No Way Home

A Tier:
- Captain America: Civil War
- Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Thor: Ragnarok
- Black Panther
- Avengers: Endgame
- Spider-Man: Far From Home
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

B Tier:
- Captain America: The First Avenger
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Ant-Man
- Doctor Strange
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

C Tier:
- The Incredible Hulk
- Iron Man 2
- Captain Marvel
- Black Widow
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

D Tier:
- Thor
- Thor: The Dark World
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Ant-Man and the Wasp
- Thor: Love and Thunder

F Tier:
- Iron Man 3
- Eternals
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Saved myself some typing:

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

^That tier list is decent enough, but why the hell is Eternals in anything higher than the bottom tier?

Added in 52 seconds:
And Thor 3 being lower than Thor 2 as well, I don't know what I'm seeing at this point.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:34 pm ^That tier list is decent enough, but why the hell is Eternals in anything higher than the bottom tier?
Because a.) that's how opinions work, shocking I know, and b.) I thought it was great. I loved what it did and the style of the filmmaking.

Added in 1 minute 49 seconds:
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:34 pm And Thor 3 being lower than Thor 2 as well, I don't know what I'm seeing at this point.
Once again: you are seeing opinions. They're a foreign concept, I'm sure but trust me they exist.

I hated the shift in tone from Thor 2 to Thor 3. Thor 2 isn't a great movie, far from it, but I much preferred the dark Nordic fantasy elements of the first two movies over the wacky goofy 80's hair metal sci-fi that Taika Waititi vomited onto theater screens.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:38 pm
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:34 pm ^That tier list is decent enough, but why the hell is Eternals in anything higher than the bottom tier?
Because a.) that's how opinions work, shocking I know, and b.) I thought it was great. I loved what it did and the style of the filmmaking.

Added in 1 minute 49 seconds:
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:34 pm And Thor 3 being lower than Thor 2 as well, I don't know what I'm seeing at this point.
Once again: you are seeing opinions. They're a foreign concept, I'm sure but trust me they exist.

I hated the shift in tone from Thor 2 to Thor 3. Thor 2 isn't a great movie, far from it, but I much preferred the dark Nordic fantasy elements of the first two movies over the wacky goofy 80's hair metal sci-fi that Taika Waititi vomited onto theater screens.
A: fair enough, but it didn't really have a point in the storyline

B: Thor 2 also didn't contribute much, it just felt boring, and I have only watched it twice, and I regret it.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I don't really care how these films connect as an overarching storyline, I care about them as individual movies first and foremost.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:45 pm I don't really care how these films connect as an overarching storyline, I care about them as individual movies first and foremost.
Who says multiple films having an interconnected storyline can’t enhance the experience? I’m not saying it HAS to be that way for every movie going forward, because there can always be a place for stand-alone films.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:30 pm Who says multiple films having an interconnected storyline can’t enhance the experience?
Me.

Because that's what I was talking about. My personal enjoyment.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Ah, Taika Waititi. On one hand you helped produce my beloved Reservation Dogs, but your Thor films suck. Truly conflicting emotions I have. :lol:

Edit/Update: Hmmmmm I can't do an MCU ranking since they blend together but, I can rank all of Black Widow's costumes. Very important part of the ranking process. Something that can't simply be CGI'd over.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sun May 28, 2023 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:44 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:30 pm Who says multiple films having an interconnected storyline can’t enhance the experience?
Me.

Because that's what I was talking about. My personal enjoyment.
Would’ve you preferred Star Wars and Lord of The Rings if they did everything in one movie rather than trilogies?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I want to add:
I liked Eternals a lot too. It was a refreshing tonal shift and I liked how the film looked a lot. It felt like a weird Scifi/Fantasy Epic.

I still have to see GOG3.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

The most positive thing I can say about Eternals is that it gave me a newfound appreciation for the subtlety, character complexity and restrained CGI usage of the Bayformers movies. Really, I never thought anything would make me admire the comparative coherency of the plot (HAhaHAhaHAaaAAa plot) of Transformers: The Last Knight.
Last edited by HedorahIsBestGirl on Sun May 28, 2023 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:09 pm Would’ve you preferred Star Wars and Lord of The Rings if they did everything in one movie rather than trilogies?
Star Wars is different because it's far more linear, in-line with Lucas' film serial inspirations like Flash Gordon. But you also see the cracks in Star Wars forming with all the spin-off shows that happened and will happen in the future that jump the story around to various points in history. I don't watch anything Star Wars-related anymore because it's become Marvel-lite with how much content there is and how many different eras it covers.

If it helps, my favorite Star Wars movie is Star Wars (1977) so, in a way, I already kind of have that "all in one go" experience.

Lord of the Rings I can't speak on because I hate Tolkien fantasy and haven't seen the movies. But with all the similar BS going on with that and Amazon, I think it'd run into the same problems.

Also I don't have a problem with "trilogies", not sure why that was the angle you chose to go with, but I don't care for "Cinematic universes of 20+ entries" which is what I thought this was all about.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:06 pm The most positive thing I can say about Eternals is that it gave me a newfound appreciation for the subtlety, character complexity and restrained CGI usage of the Bayformers movies. Really, I never thought anything would make me admire the comparative coherency of the plot (HAhaHAhaHAaaAAa plot) of Transformers: The Last Knight.
I gotta disagree because the Last Knight was so unfathomably bad. As mehhhh as Eternals’ plot was, I cannot put it in the same league as the absolute drivel of a narrative that was called Transformers: the Last Knight.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Eternals has swole Kumail Nanjiani. Therefore, Eternals is kino.

Fucking fight me
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Eternals gets retconned like Inhumans did.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

^ They've already deliberately ignored the Celestial coming out of Earth, which was supposedly a huge deal, in all subsequent Marvel movies. Also, given that it was a major box office disappointment, critically panned, Kit Harington's character has been axed from the Blade movie, and there's no sequel in development when Marvel usually plans this shit like 5+ years out, I'd say the odds of a retcon are pretty likely.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:11 am ^ They've already deliberately ignored the Celestial coming out of Earth, which was supposedly a huge deal, in all subsequent Marvel movies. Also, given that it was a major box office disappointment, critically panned, Kit Harington's character has been axed from the Blade movie, and there's no sequel in development when Marvel usually plans this shit like 5+ years out, I'd say the odds of a retcon are pretty likely.
Oddly, I heard that a sequel was not only greenlit but in pre production. Then again, this is the age of rampant rumors, so I don’t even know if the “leakers” are worth their salt. Nonetheless, the rumor was circulating a little while ago in Marvel circles.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:14 am Eternals has swole Kumail Nanjiani. Therefore, Eternals is kino.

Fucking fight me
Based.
Last edited by CyberZilla on Tue May 30, 2023 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image