What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Went up into the woods with my dad to go searching under logs, looking for any amphibians or squamate reptiles.

We found two salamanders.

EDIT: My college instructor just identified the animal via the photos I took, and confirmed my initial suspicions.

Both of them were Ensatina salamanders.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I have a date next week ....with a girl!

Also have an interview for a promotion in a different department that same day.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:11 pm I have a date next week ....with a girl!

Also have an interview for a promotion in a different department that same day.
Hope it all works out for you!
Resized Image

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

My gf bought me The Ultimates vol 2 from the comic shop yesterday, all 13 issues!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

The king returns!!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Went on a herping field trip with my college class to go searching for as many amphibians as we could find.

We found several salamanders as well as some frogs.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Finally being able to meet Peter Cullen in Calgary after my last effort failed.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Yesterday I got picked for a work tryout period at a bookstore. :D
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Flipped a rock and saw my first scorpion in the wild. 🦂

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:54 pm Flipped a rock and saw my first scorpion in the wild. 🦂
Cool. I had two of them come into my house when we first moved here back in 1998. My mom wouldn't let me get too close a look before my dad took them outside, but I guess it counts. I haven't seen a single one since. They're elusive little things, pretty good at staying out of the way.

I saw a king snake in my yard this morning. It was in a flowerbed up against the side of the house and I would have completely missed it if one of the cats hadn't been staring at it. She never tried to touch it, but was totally fixated, just closely following it until it tucked itself into a tight space and got out of sight. It was big enough that it probably could have put up a good fight if it needed to, but I hope it gets out of the yard without any trouble.

As a bonus, there was a green anole on the gutter right above the snake's hiding place. Probably the biggest one I've ever seen in the wild, five or six inches long.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Im going to finally start watching anime for the first time in my life, starting with Evangelion, and on top of that Im going to start watching both Ultraman and Kamen Rider, two franchises Ive barely even dipped my toes into.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

JAGzilla wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:50 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:54 pm Flipped a rock and saw my first scorpion in the wild. 🦂
Cool. I had two of them come into my house when we first moved here back in 1998. My mom wouldn't let me get too close a look before my dad took them outside, but I guess it counts. I haven't seen a single one since. They're elusive little things, pretty good at staying out of the way.

I saw a king snake in my yard this morning. It was in a flowerbed up against the side of the house and I would have completely missed it if one of the cats hadn't been staring at it. She never tried to touch it, but was totally fixated, just closely following it until it tucked itself into a tight space and got out of sight. It was big enough that it probably could have put up a good fight if it needed to, but I hope it gets out of the yard without any trouble.

As a bonus, there was a green anole on the gutter right above the snake's hiding place. Probably the biggest one I've ever seen in the wild, five or six inches long.
Awesome stuff! I wish my yard had such abundant wildlife.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 2:58 pm Awesome stuff! I wish my yard had such abundant wildlife.
Yeah, I'm lucky. The heat and humidity here in the Southeast aren't fun to put up with, but the wildlife they support makes up for it. Lots of reptiles and amphibians. My neighborhood is slipping downhill, though. New houses have been going up and replacing a lot of the local woods. There are a lot of cats, and they do what cats do. They're damn effective mousers, but the other small wildlife also suffers. I'm noticing invasive European starlings creeping into the area, too. I don't think I ever saw one here before last year, but they're a permanent fixture now. I hope they don't displace our bluebirds.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Mon May 15, 2023 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

These type of events always make my day:

Last edited by ebirahsmeg1 on Mon May 22, 2023 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

My girlfriend and I began watching Twin Peaks and she's really into it. This morning we started our day with a hot cup of coffee and Twin Peaks.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

This review for the latest batch of cancer cells Disney's inserted into the body of its legacy:

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:05 pm My girlfriend and I began watching Twin Peaks and she's really into it. This morning we started our day with a hot cup of coffee and Twin Peaks.
Are you going to also watch the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me?

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

mikelcho wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:12 pm Are you going to also watch the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me?
Right now we're trying to slog through the back half of season 2 so we can do just that.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:48 pm
mikelcho wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:12 pm Are you going to also watch the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me?
Right now we're trying to slog through the back half of season 2 so we can do just that.
James still on his motocycle, having that affair with an older woman?

While I'm not sure to which degree Fire Walk With Me and Season 3 of Twin Peaks were really planned out, it's so satisfying to see how Lynch "redeemed" Fire Walk With Me by having it make a bit more sense due to Season 3.

My personal Twin Peaks experience was wild. I watched Season 1+2, then got to watch Fire Walk with Me the Missing Pieces, and then watched Season 3 when it came out. Season 3 was 6 years ago... I kind of want to rewatch it all. So much I remember, so much I forgot. Astounding to me that the season 2 cliffhanger, arguably the biggest cliff hanger in TV history, eventualyl got resolved.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

^we actually just finished s2 and FWWM yesterday. It's crazy, all the pieces are there. Really looking forward to watching The Return again, wish I could have seen it as it came out. I've heard people talk about how wild it was to experience each week.