Keizer Ghidorah: Your Honest Opinions?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Amp87
Samurai

Re: Keizer Ghidorah: Your Honest Opinions?

Post by Amp87 »

Keizer Ghidorah is the one incarnation that will never see again and the one who really gave Godzilla a good fight, rather than the opposite we always see between these two. I would hope Toho thinks about bringing him back after so many years, he was and still is the most intimidating and threatening incarnation to date.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

He's not and they won't.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Amp87 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:23 am Keizer Ghidorah is the one incarnation that will never see again and the one who really gave Godzilla a good fight, rather than the opposite we always see between these two. I would hope Toho thinks about bringing him back after so many years, he was and still is the most intimidating and threatening incarnation to date.
Are you saying Keizer Ghidorah gave Godzilla a better fight than any other Ghidorah? Because Showa, Heisei, anime and MonsterVerse Ghidorahs all proved much bigger threats to Godzilla. :KingGhidorah64:

Keizer is only stronger than GMK Ghidorah, which isn't saying much. And I don't find him very intimidating with that pathetic roar. Highly doubt Toho will ever revive him, given his lack of popularity with the fans.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Also, Kaiser Ghidorah is very tied to the GFW narrative. He can't just "come back".

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Willing to bet Keizer Ghidorah will pop up in Godziban in like 5 years :lol: Hopefully with a less patchy-looking coloration.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly I expect Monster X to get some recognition at some point, but I genuinely don't think Keizer will come back with him. X seems a lot more popular when he's not transformed. (probably because he felt like his own beast instead of a bad knockoff)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GoKelley86
Samurai

Post by GoKelley86 »

I liked the design for Monster X more than Keizer Ghidorah. It was more unique and original.

Keizer Ghidorah, to me, is what Starkiller Base is to the Death Star. Its like the classic King Ghidorah but biggererer! Whooooooa. Seems kind of uninspired to me, but hey.

Still, we got a nifty fight between in and Godzilla, so I'm not too upset about it. Even though it isn't the classic King Ghidorah, it is nice to see the beast represented in some capacity in the 50th anniversary film.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Ah, Keizer Ghidorah. The other Ghidorah brother whose whole thing is being that final boss that turns into an even bigger form. I may have a bit of a soft spot for Keizer, but he's really now just a time capsule of the early 2000s. While guys like SpaceGodzilla & Destoroyah definitely look like they were made in the 90s, I think they have way more potential for a new interpretation compared to Keizer Ghidorah, who doesn't serve a purpose when you have King Ghidorah or even Death Ghidorah.

So he's cool but there's no need for his return. The comics bringing him back briefly is cool, but the most that could be done is bringing back Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah as bonus characters in a Godzilla game. The kind of thing where it'd be a neat "Hey it's him!" scenario, for fans of Final Wars. Like if I saw Keizer with other Ghidorah's in a proper Godzilla game, I'd still have a dumb goofy grin on my face.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Amp87
Samurai

Post by Amp87 »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:50 pm
Amp87 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:23 am Keizer Ghidorah is the one incarnation that will never see again and the one who really gave Godzilla a good fight, rather than the opposite we always see between these two. I would hope Toho thinks about bringing him back after so many years, he was and still is the most intimidating and threatening incarnation to date.
Are you saying Keizer Ghidorah gave Godzilla a better fight than any other Ghidorah? Because Showa, Heisei, anime and Monster Verse Ghidorahs all proved much bigger threats to Godzilla. :KingGhidorah64:

Keizer is only stronger than GMK Ghidorah, which isn't saying much. And I don't find him very intimidating with that pathetic roar. Highly doubt Toho will ever revive him, given his lack of popularity with the fans.

I know Toho won't revive him and only leave him to the comics and mangas and yes, but to me, he did hold a more threatening and significant presence than most incarnations. Ghidorah still has not figured out how to defeat his rival, he came close a few times but ultimately lost due to many circumstances. Ghidorah will always be Godzilla's rival and enemy Keizer Ghidorah will be the one for me at least that got the closest to killing Godzilla and that would be the end of humanity and the world.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

As a kid I found it kind of weak/burnt-out. The feeling of “they’re trying too hard”. Final Wars is a movie that runs a bit too long in all the places where it shouldn’t so by the finale you’re a bit exhausted. I find the Keizer Ghidorah concept cool on paper but as far as execution goes it felt tired and slowed the film down further.

I agree with other comments on here that it would have been better if they kept it with just Monster X, as it would have felt more original and unique and possibly a tad faster and higher-staked. With Ghidorah, I know what ending to expect. With Monster X, anything could have happened.

But “50th Anniversary” and “celebration” and all that. They had to throw Ghidorah in there somehow.
Last edited by Creature22 on Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Keizer Ghidorah is ugly and wasted money. King Ghidorah would have been the optimal final opponent imo. And like any other "blitz-mutation" in any other movie or anime, Final Wars made the same mistake. Asking why does the "hero" or the "villain" never attack his opponent when he is mutating?
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Gailah 1966 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:39 am Keizer Ghidorah is ugly and wasted money. King Ghidorah would have been the optimal final opponent imo. And like any other "blitz-mutation" in any other movie or anime, Final Wars made the same mistake. Asking why does the "hero" or the "villain" never attack his opponent when he is mutating?
*Eren Jaeger has entered the chat*
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:01 am
Gailah 1966 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:39 am Keizer Ghidorah is ugly and wasted money. King Ghidorah would have been the optimal final opponent imo. And like any other "blitz-mutation" in any other movie or anime, Final Wars made the same mistake. Asking why does the "hero" or the "villain" never attack his opponent when he is mutating?
*Goku has entered the chat*

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Similar to that is why doesn't the villain (or hero) use a quick method to kill the hero (or villain) instead of using a slow method from which the hero (or villain) can escape from? In other words, in real life it's not supposed to be "shoot first and ask questions later", it's supposed to be "shoot first and don't ask questions at all".

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

Balloon horse dragon.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Cool idea, portly executed. I preder the Desghidorah as my favorite four legged incarnation of the Kaiju.

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Gojira18 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:07 pm
HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:01 am
*Goku has entered the chat*
i don´t even know this person...

Added in 1 minute 39 seconds:
mikelcho wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:21 pm
Similar to that is why doesn't the villain (or hero) use a quick method to kill the hero (or villain) instead of using a slow method from which the hero (or villain) can escape from? In other words, in real life it's not supposed to be "shoot first and ask questions later", it's supposed to be "shoot first and don't ask questions at all".
In this specific case Ghidorah was killed by Godzillas superchraged red heatray. He couldn´t do this earlier, he needed the extra energy from Ozaki first.
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Post by InfiniteHollywood »

Keizer Ghidorah always fell a little flat to me. It wasn't that interesting of a reveal and the Monster X or whatever wasn't particularly interesting either. The whole thing felt a bit like a later Ultraman trope where weird stuff happens and metamorphosis and whatever. I think Ghidorah as the final big bad always makes sense in a Godzilla movie, because of the history but Keizer Ghidorah just felt kinda clunkily executed and the extra legs and stuff just didn't inspire much excitement from me. I think adding more heads might have been more of a radical upgrade or something.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

I really like him

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

When I first saw Kaiser Ghidorah in GFW, many years ago at first I thought he was an okay final boss for Godzilla to deal with, in the context of the film. Now well he's still an okay final boss monster just...the whole 4 legged Ghidorah thing was done better by Death Ghidorah.
Last edited by Julia Bristow on Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO