Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Just downloaded the game a few days ago and find it addicting yet sometimes infuriating.

What are the monsters or strategies that are meta? Only interested in Godzilla and Ultraman kaiju only, so the Evangelion monsters a no go for me even though I can see they are OP

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:25 am Just downloaded the game a few days ago and find it addicting yet sometimes infuriating.

What are the monsters or strategies that are meta? Only interested in Godzilla and Ultraman kaiju only, so the Evangelion monsters a no go for me even though I can see they are OP
Well, since you're making the mistake of not using EVA 01 or Kamen Rider leader, use G89 or Kiryu as your leader, always use Battra, and if you want a stun unit, I would say kumo, but he got his nerf, so Neronga is the best stunning unit it the game right now.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:25 am Just downloaded the game a few days ago and find it addicting yet sometimes infuriating.

You can never go wrong with the 3-unit Kamacuras piece, great for countering charging monsters like Leo or King Caesar, or dropping on close-ranged units like Anguirus and Godzilla while near your leader for a surprising amount of damage. Other than that, yeah, a bunch of the collab units are choking the meta in their iron grip (mostly Eva- and Kamen Rider-related pieces).
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Carrerasaurus
Yojimbo

Post by Carrerasaurus »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:25 am What are the monsters or strategies that are meta? Only interested in Godzilla and Ultraman kaiju only, so the Evangelion monsters a no go for me even though I can see they are OP
Don't say this, sometimes the monsters you don't care for are mandatory for your deck, at least for the season. If you were around last month you must've seen Kumo Augment and Kamen Rider terrorizing the game.

As for some tips, you might want to avoid upgrading some monsters and effects to save coins for better things to upgrade. I don't know how up there in the game you're at, but there is a point where units that might seem very valuable early on turn out to be pitiful later on. Mechagodzilla '93, Missile Strike and Markalite Cannon come to mind immediately. You might want to check some of those tier list videos on Youtube to have a better idea of what is and what isn't worth leveling up.

A strategy that has always served newer players super well is using Gigan as a leader and using his leader ability to boost your monsters' speed.
Godzilla '89 might be the most popular unit to speed boost, but be careful with Kamacuras, they'll stop that Godzilla dead on his tracks. Boosting G89 with Hedorah could help against them, even though it's a pretty expensive combo. Another option is sending monsters rushing to the enemy leader and send in Moguera or Kiryu for extra damage.

One of the most present strategies of the game lately is using Burning Godzilla and 4th Angel together, although this is generally a strategy for advanced players late into the game (unless you somehow get your hands into a lot of Burning and Angel pieces early on).
The strategy is to send both of them on the field to fight usually side-by-side, and when they die they drag their enemies to hell with them because they both explode on death. Godzilla builds up a power meter over time that increases the power and range of his explosion, while 4th Angel's explosion damage and range cannot be modified. There is also 10th Angel, which is pretty much 4th Angel except in the air, but don't bother too much with this one. His explosion radius feels much smaller and isn't as strong.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Hooo boy, you're in for a rough ride with the abundance of 4th Angels in the current meta lol. Gonna echo what other's have said, though I'd also suggest Minilla for stuns, though Neronga is just as good and has the added benefit of turning invisible. Minilla has a longer aggro range than Neronga, but is significantly weaker and attacks slightly slower. Ultraman is a great unit, as he has good reach, a piercing attack and is immune to stuns. Another great option is Heisei Rodan, since Fire Rodan gives a huge movement buff to friendly units upon deployment, and when he dies he releases a healing aura. It's really good for when the match is nearing the end, you can just keep spamming Fire Rodan so he dies and heals your leader/units. Unlike most other evolution units, Fire Rodan evolves on death so he's guaranteed to transform. You'll eventually experience the struggle of keeping your Battra Larva or Godzilla Terrestris alive long enough to evolve, since they become priority 1 for your enemies as soon as you drop them.
Last edited by Breakdown on Wed May 03, 2023 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Pròiseilvenator
Yojimbo

Post by Pròiseilvenator »

Unfortunately, the EVA and Angel units are in fact most of the meta right now. I hate playing "in meta" decks in games, but the 4th angel is too good to not include st this point.

Outside of them, it's really whatever 4 star units you can cobble together at a high enough level if you're free to play, though they'll typically get thrashed by any crossover units.

Others have mentioned Rodan 93 and the 3x Kamacuras unit as being good, and I wholeheartedly agree. At lower ranks, the small Kamacuras unit and the Dorats unit can do serious work, if upgraded properly. I also got a lot of use out of the MBAW x2 unit, before I got higher and anti-swarms were prevalent. Mefilas is a great option who is versatile with good damage on air targets, and a stun on ground targets.

Don't underestimate the value of dimension tide. You can move enemy kaiju around and really disrupt opponent strategies.

G89 is going to be your primary damage dealer for a while. He hits like... well, like Godzilla! I focused my effort into upgrading him and devastated the lower ranks of play with one guiding principle. Get him to your opponents leader, with some sort of meatshield in the way.

At lower ranks, protecting him from stuns and swarms is your highest priority. I like to run him alongside anguirus, who is durable and damaging for his low cost. Save up almost max energy, drop anguirus. Then as soon as you have enough, drop Godzilla right behind him. Anguirus will distract most enemies long enough for Godzilla to reach the leader. If they both reach, Angy will take aggro, since he was leading.

Gigan (showa) is very useful as a monster in addition to as a leader. My primary strategy now is throwing Gigan right behind 4th angel. Gigan is fast and can push slower monsters ahead, quickly (maybe even G 89?). He'll only attack structures and the opponents leader, so he's a great assassin if the opposing leader is distracted.
Last edited by Pròiseilvenator on Wed May 03, 2023 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Another unit to consider is train bombs, those things can easily sabotage any facilities. I would also consider Gigan 04, as he's a beast of unit when it comes to dealing with slow attackers.

Added in 2 minutes 42 seconds:
But if you want a unit not to use, Kumo Augment is one, before the current season, he was the best, now, he sucks.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I assume I am still pretty low because I have not seen much of Burning Godzill or Leo.

Have already gathered a couple of monsters like Spacegodzilla, Kiryu, King Ghidorah, and Mothra. I’ve also acquired Gigan Showa, 4th Angel, and Kumo. I’ve been leveling up 89 but I don’t use him all that much. Favorites have been Ghidorah and using Spacegodzilla as a leader.

Money hasn’t been a problem yet since I am probably in the low tiers but I am seeing things are getting more expensive when the lower class cards are now past level 10

Pròiseilvenator
Yojimbo

Spacegodzilla leader is fun, and you can get some good stalls out of that ability. .

Thats fantastic that youre rocking Ghidorah already. In early game the number one predictor of wether not I would lose was the opponent playing Ghidroah --- I knew the second I saw gold scales that it was over lol.

Cost definitely ramps up past 10, even for the cheaper cards. Also, I believe past 10 most cards start getting less noticeable level ups Stat wise, so keep that in mind before deciding to upgrade. It may be better overall to level a piece from 5 to 6 for less, than to spend a bunch to go from 13 to 14 for instance.

Keep us updated as you progress! The early part of the game is just so darned fun.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

SG's leader ability relies too much on RNG crystal placement to be truly effective imo.
Last edited by Breakdown on Thu May 11, 2023 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Yea as much as I love him, I ended up opting for a different leader because the crystal placement either helps or does nothing at all besides block my own troops.

Starting doing some research and now working with Gigan, Mecha King Ghidorah, Mothra, and G89 as my main leaders.

For troops, what cards are good to invest coin in? Been leveling up the Kamacuras and now getting the prompt to drop 4k for the next upgrade lol.

Also been doing some work in the Ultimate/Desghidorah event. You guys prefer one over the other as a troop or as a leader?

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:04 am Yea as much as I love him, I ended up opting for a different leader because the crystal placement either helps or does nothing at all besides block my own troops.

Starting doing some research and now working with Gigan, Mecha King Ghidorah, Mothra, and G89 as my main leaders.

For troops, what cards are good to invest coin in? Been leveling up the Kamacuras and now getting the prompt to drop 4k for the next upgrade lol.

Also been doing some work in the Ultimate/Desghidorah event. You guys prefer one over the other as a troop or as a leader?
Good to know you're getting Kamacuras leveled up early, they are a great piece to have.

I would say get Desghidorah, as he makes for a great leader with a great ability.

Pròiseilvenator
Yojimbo

Early on Desghidorah will answer most slower attacking fliers, and decimate swarms. Ultima is good, but I feel like it takes too long to get him in battle, and I personally avoid evolving pieces that leave the battlefield and then need to be repayed.
Last edited by Pròiseilvenator on Thu May 11, 2023 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Managed to be able to afford both and I am definitely liking Desghidorah more. Playing enough that I am in the Master ranks now and a level 1 Ultima with no chin rarely gets past Terrestris form. Try to make a meat shield behind him but he moved too fast up the field.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Holy shit, yesterday, I had a win streak of 19 until the game got tired of it and put me up against someone with a level 40+ G89.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

2nd anniversary stream just ended, there'll be a voting campaign soon, to include the option to submit a candidate of your choice. Also no Rodan 2019 included with these next pieces, I'm livid.

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

GigaBowserG wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:44 amAlso no Rodan 2019 included with these next pieces, I'm livid.
My boy was done dirty...

Hopefully they give him the Mechagodzilla 2021 treatment and introduce him later. Frankly amazed and so happy we are getting more Monsterverse characters, and surprised that we are getting the units just as the GvsKong trio is about to leave.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

What, no Behemoth love?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

Figured the only way we'd get more MV characters is when the next movie comes out.

KG better be something else for 8 points.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Belated, but here's the link to toss in your suggestion for a monster to appear on their upcoming poll: LINK

Monsters already confirmed for the poll:
Godzilla (1999)
MOGUERA
Varan (1968)
Megalon
Rodan (2021)
Anguirus (2021)
New Gotengo
Rainbow Mothra
Orga
Kumonga (1967)

Vote for the poll will go live sooner than later.
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Tue May 30, 2023 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/crawls back under rock