Prehistoric Planet (Season 2, 2023)

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Prehistoric Planet (Season 2, 2023)

Post by LegendZilla »

^Is it confirmed that Adalatherium was egg-laying?

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Nothing confirmed, but it could potentially be related to the echidna so possibly. Also, Prehistoric Planet has done some speculation work that's confirmed, but is definitely in the realm of possibility. It's also a very new discovery.
Last edited by Gojira2K on Tue May 23, 2023 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Finished Swamps it's a little short but otherwise quite good and I'll just say that for those of us who wanted to see T.rex back with more action you'll definitely be pleased and also our crocodilomorphs fans will happy as well in the first segment. Madagascar makes it's returns and comes full circle as far as I'm concerned. Now it's starting to sink in that we only have to episodes left.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Ok so finished watching Oceans while I did enjoy it a lot this is the first time I felt an episode was too short but considering this is a sequel of sorts to Coasts it's admittedly a nitpick. Shockingly ammonites got the most attention of any group in this episode so that was interesting although I certainly would've hoped for the largest ammonite species to appear but unfortunately it doesn't. A Jurassic World Dominion dinosaur makes an appearance in a way you wouldn't expect and it's definitely gonna cause some mixed discussion. The Hesperonis scene was Xiphantius was the most exciting segment. Mosasaurus makes a return alongside Turangasaurus and we get Phosphorosaurus and Mortuneia as well. Surprising omissions are turtles, sharks, pterosaurs and polycotylids so that's disappointing. All in all good episode but my least favorite so far for both seasons.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

DynomikeGojira wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:22 pm Ok so finished watching Oceans while I did enjoy it a lot this is the first time I felt an episode was too short but considering this is a sequel of sorts to Coasts it's admittedly a nitpick. Shockingly ammonites got the most attention of any group in this episode so that was interesting although I certainly would've hoped for the largest ammonite species to appear but unfortunately it doesn't. A Jurassic World Dominion dinosaur makes an appearance in a way you wouldn't expect and it's definitely gonna cause some mixed discussion. The Hesperonis scene was Xiphantius was the most exciting segment. Mosasaurus makes a return alongside Turangasaurus and we get Phosphorosaurus and Mortuneia as well. Surprising omissions are turtles, sharks, pterosaurs and polycotylids so that's disappointing. All in all good episode but my least favorite so far for both seasons.
Do these episodes take an extra day to be viewed in Canada?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed May 24, 2023 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:44 pm
DynomikeGojira wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:22 pm Ok so finished watching Oceans while I did enjoy it a lot this is the first time I felt an episode was too short but considering this is a sequel of sorts to Coasts it's admittedly a nitpick. Shockingly ammonites got the most attention of any group in this episode so that was interesting although I certainly would've hoped for the largest ammonite species to appear but unfortunately it doesn't. A Jurassic World Dominion dinosaur makes an appearance in a way you wouldn't expect and it's definitely gonna cause some mixed discussion. The Hesperonis scene was Xiphantius was the most exciting segment. Mosasaurus makes a return alongside Turangasaurus and we get Phosphorosaurus and Mortuneia as well. Surprising omissions are turtles, sharks, pterosaurs and polycotylids so that's disappointing. All in all good episode but my least favorite so far for both seasons.
Do these episodes take an extra day to be viewed in Canada?
Probably I know in the East Coast we get it a few hours earlier

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Well here we are last episode North America I have to say this is possibly my favorite episode of Prehistoric Planet ever each of the segments were well timed and I didn't feel like we were lacking anything beyond what previous episodes already gave with the North American fauna however there are still some omissions that are present like a certain armored dinosaur or a certain other part of North America but those were already stretches anyway. The Alamosaurus sequence is my favorite because it sorta reminded me of the classic Walking With Dinosaurs episode Giant of The Skies and that leads into the highly anticipated showdown between T.rex and Quezalcoatlus abd it didn't disappoint. Again I wanna thank the Prehistoric Planet team and Apple for giving another season of this wonderful season and while it's not known right now whether we'll get another season I hope PP while inspire a new generation if paleodocs and we got several coming. It was fun guys this was a great week.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Didn't some say that
Spoiler:
The T.Rex backs down instantly?

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:13 pm ^Didn't some say that
Spoiler:
The T.Rex backs down instantly?
Regarding the T.rex vs Quezalcoatlus sequence
Spoiler:
The Tyrannosaurus doesn't back down until after the second Quezalcoatlus shows up and that's only after they start flying around pecking on him

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

So after finishing season 2 of PP (hehehehe), I must say that I definitely enjoyed it overall. That said, it felt like S2 was just random stuff stitched together that was cut from S1. It didn't feel focused and there was no real story to it. I still stand by that the WWD format is still a lot better for a dinosaur documentary and I really hope this doesn't become the norm.
Last edited by Gojira18 on Fri May 26, 2023 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Any ideas for what species could be featured in the next season? I Have some :

Giganotosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus
Spinosaurus
Argentinosaurus
Armadilosuchus
Protoceratops
Platypterygius
Pachydiscus
Archeoraptor
Utahraptor
Gondwanatherium
Pinacosaurus

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

We really doing spoiler warnings for a documentary series?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:45 pm We really doing spoiler warnings for a documentary series?
Eh, it's nice to be surprised no matter what you're watching. Well... okay, there are limits to that. Stop taking notes, George Lucas.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Fri May 26, 2023 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

Would be nice to get a Big Al equivalent with this series where we get an hour or hour plus long episode following the life of some specimen from the time.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Godzillakuj94 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:12 pm Would be nice to get a Big Al equivalent with this series where we get an hour or hour plus long episode following the life of some specimen from the time.
Maybe they could do one for Sue The T-Rex?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat May 27, 2023 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Honestly I rather Prehistoric Planet do it's own thing there's plenty potential upcoming paleodocs that can go more in depth.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Isisairus became a new favorite as well as Rajasaurus.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Eh I'm still with the mighty Rex but I was good to see the Indian and Malagasy animals that missed out on season 1.
On another note Life on Our Planet looks killer.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I finally started S2E1. The first few minutes are promising! I love the Hatzegopteryx hunting Tethyshadros scene. Great introduction for the idea of pterosaurs being terrifying dinosaur killers.

EDIT: Yeah, good episode all around. I liked the Simosuchus scene, too. I appreciate that this show gives attention to some of the weird, obscure animals like this.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Oh wow awesome that you're finally starting season 2 yeah the Hatzegopteryx hunt was definitely chilling