What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Leviarex »

I've been feeling recently that my collection should include more Gamera kaiju. And courtesy of ebay once again, I'll soon be making that kind of addition to it:

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Kaishin Muba joins the collection, completing my Yamato Takeru set

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Box day! Shipping from HLJ got delayed because UPS had a big hailstorm damage a bunch of their planes a week or so ago, but it’s here now!

MMS Legion, Irys, Legion Soldier, Baragon, Ebirah, and FW Manda. Aoshima Kiryu model kit plus the accessory kit of the transport planes that carry him into battle. Mothra vs Godzilla Completion. Very much enjoying all of them and won’t be buying any more Godzilla merch until G-fest.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

God I want that Kiryu kit SOOOOOO badly. Love doing model kits. Last one I did was a general grievous kit, which was fun AF, and the Aurora Godzilla kit, which was NOT FUN IN THE SLIGHTEST.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Yeah I’ve always loved building models but in the last few years I’ve been getting much deeper into the hobby because I finally have a dedicated space for it. I built an Aurora King Kong a couple years ago. Takes a LOT of extra work on those old kits filling gaps and stuff.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I finished collecting all of the original 13 Aurora monster models last year, one of these days I'll get to building them.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:54 am I finished collecting all of the original 13 Aurora monster models last year, one of these days I'll get to building them.
Two questions: does that include The Bride of Frankenstein and are they the regular kits or the glow-in-the-dark ones? I need pictures.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

mikelcho wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:10 pm
UltramanGoji wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:54 am I finished collecting all of the original 13 Aurora monster models last year, one of these days I'll get to building them.
Two questions: does that include The Bride of Frankenstein and are they the regular kits or the glow-in-the-dark ones? I need pictures.
Yes, the Bride is part of the 13. No, they aren't GITD. Pictures? Not on hand at the moment. Maybe sometime later.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:10 pm
mikelcho wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:10 pm
Yes, the Bride is part of the 13. No, they aren't GITD. Pictures? Not on hand at the moment. Maybe sometime later.
Okay, thanks.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Yeah I hated working on the aurora kit. Maybe its because Im inexperienced but I swear I lost all of the skin on my fingertips trying to glue that shit together

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Were you using superglue? That’s definitely a rookie mistake (no offense). Using a proper plastic cement is much easier. Something like these, Tamiya extra thin or Plastruc plastic weld.

Image Image

They aren’t glue but solvents that actually melt the styrene plastic together.

Superglue is an important tool for modeling, but it’s mostly used in specific instances where other glues or bonding agents won’t work. And most people squirt out a blob on a paper plate or something and then apply it with a needle or other suitable tool.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Alright Xplus Ultima is in stock at Hobby Search. Excited for this bad boy to arrive!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The details on this guy are insane. Definitely one of the best looking 25cm Godzillas.

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

This is a doozy. Some of things I bought this week, some of them last week:
YMSF Rose Biollante (sold off the Gigan)
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Various Kamen Rider figures. Just started watching the show not too long ago and Ive been kinda obsessed lately

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:53 pm YMSF Rose Biollante (sold off the Gigan)
Great minds think alike :D

As soon as Rose Biollante won the Bandai poll, I was fully prepared to jump into that thread and banter about my hopes to see the figure sculpted with the rose closed. With the rose form already having very few lines taking it up as it is, the ones that have taken a shot at it always had the teeth showing/rose open. Out of curiosity I checked around to see if there was anything aside from the Marusan or Super7 figures floating around, only to see Y-MSF finally came around to releasing their version of it!

Pictures:
Spoiler:
Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

These boys all arrived

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Well, it cost 100 bucks to ship, but my largest HLJ shipment has, well, shipped.

Bandai Ebirah, Baragon, Manda 2004, Hedorah 2004, Mothra 1992, Fire Rodan, Monster X, Soldier Legion, Shin Gomess, Shin Peguilla, Shin Pagos, Flying Shin Ultraman
Ultra Monster/Hero Series Ultraman Dinas, Peguilla, Magatano Orochi, Pitt V.1, Pitt V.2, Zol Gigalogaiza, and DX Destrudos
Art Spirits MechaGodzilla Set

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Meltdown Godzilla and G-Best, both absolute winners:
G-Beast is one of the most impressive and visually striking figures I've ever seen. Really not a figure and more of a statue. It's gigantic, well detailed, and dynamic. Fusing both Godzilla and Eva Unit-01 oddly works surprisingly well.

Meltdown Godzilla is a classic Bandai figure and I love it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Ordered the G-Store '73 from Showcase Daikaiju. Once again, SD proves to be a God send.

Fuck off Cordaro, we know how hard it is to get these figures. ;) :D

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I rarely double dip on figures but inspired by a recent Thirsty Thursday Toys video I decided to get a second of one of my absolute favorite figures of all time, the Gigabrain Gigan