GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE - SPOILER/DISCUSSION THREAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Akumajira
Yojimbo

Re: GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMMPIRE - THE SPOILER THREAD, FOLKS

Post by Akumajira »

I am returning after a long absence. I was most active when "Snowden" was posting hints about Edwards' film in 2014, and I had successfully deduced the plot from those clues. He apparently had a script, though not the final draft. Since it has been a while, I had lost my handle and password for this board, so now I have a fresh incarnation. But I also was very active during the 1998 film, and had even exchanged some emails with Dean Devlin. And I've been writing for Daikaiju fandom since the 1990's.

Nice to be back!

-|Enoch|-
Monsterland Worker

Post by -|Enoch|- »

king_ghidorah wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:24 pm Pretty sure KDM already said no post credits
Why should we trust him?

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Hmmm I think I might remember you welcome back

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

-|Enoch|- wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:28 am
king_ghidorah wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:24 pm Pretty sure KDM already said no post credits
Why should we trust him?
KDM never said anything about a post credits scene for GxK, only that there was no GvK PC scene.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

Handsome Shrek
JXSDF Technician

Post by Handsome Shrek »

I find it kinda strange..... Weeks ago, KDM talked about how strong Scar King is and how he is, in his words "bigger, stronger, faster" and that he proves to be an ultimate threat to Godzilla.

Now these plots leaks talk about how weak he is compared to Godzilla, and how there's this new thing "Shimu", that he controls. And that Shimu is the only thing that gives him an edge over Godzilla
Last edited by Handsome Shrek on Sat May 27, 2023 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Yeah noticed than but to be fair Shimu wasn't public knowledge yet

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:36 pm I find it kinda strange..... Weeks ago, KDM talked about how strong Scar King is and how he is, in his words "bigger, stronger, faster" and that he proves to be an ultimate threat to Godzilla.

Now these plots leaks talk about how weak he is compared to Godzilla, and how there's this new thing "Shimu", that he controls. And that Shimu is the only thing that gives him an edge over Godzilla
His hints were worded cleverly enough that he never said Scar King was directly a threat to Godzilla. Moreso he was a threat to Godzilla and Kong in certain ways.

Thinking about Shimu now and this would have been the perfect time for a Godzilla and Rodan team up.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Ultimately, Scar is still powerful because he seemingly controls a monster that can destroy the world and possibly beat Godzilla. KDM had to be careful with his wording....I think it's fine.

Handsome Shrek
JXSDF Technician

Post by Handsome Shrek »

I wanna try and give him the benefit of the doubt still, but it just seems sus

His wording is so vague in his tweets that it could literally mean anything. I understand that he's been reliable in the past, but I'm just sayin'. I could say "good things are gonna happen to me tomorrow" and it could mean anything. I could meet my future wife, I could win the lottery, I could win a year's worth of Papa Johns pizza, etc.

Point being, if he was more direct with his wording then I would have more faith in him as a scooper. Just seems like he's beating around the bush too much for somebody who supposedly is an insider
Last edited by Handsome Shrek on Sun May 28, 2023 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Based AF

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Godzilla21 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:34 pm
Akumajira wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:23 am So much to ponder with the trailer and the confirmed basic plot and character details. Shimu seems like an interesting adversary, and I wonder whether he was at some point an ally of Godzilla, who assisted him in putting King Ghidorah into the "deep freeze," where he was discovered by Monarch operatives? Or, perhaps Godzilla used him, and tricked him into helping him beat the golden alien dragon? Then, leaving Shimu trapped in the same region of the Hollow Earth with another defeated adversary, whether it was intentional or accidental on Godzilla's part, so perhaps Shimu has been simmering with rage against Godzilla? Maybe Godzilla originally left him to be the jailor of Scar King and his minions?

If Scar King has no special HE energy powers, might it be that the pervasive blue glowing energy may have simply greatly extended his life? The Kong species are not as long-lived as the Godzilla species, so if Scar King and his minions were bested by Godzilla in ancient times, then being imprisoned in proximity to that concentrated energy may have actually extended the lives of SK and his ape minions?

And what are the ape minions like? Are they like Kong, as big as the Kong species? Or are they more orangutan-like, closer to Scar King in appearance? Or are there a variety of them? The whip with an embedded Shimu crystal may be a means for overpowering and controlling, perhaps even hypnotizing other Hollow Earth dwellers? If Shimu was not in some way allied with (or controlled by) Scar King at the time they were imprisoned, how did that situation change?

The dynamics between the Titans here could lead to some deeper characterizations of these creatures, exploring their motivations which could be complex, due to their level of intelligence. There's a history, a backstory, a trail leading to the origins of these creatures and how various human societies interacted with them that is rich for development. This could make for a film that will extend the lore and enrich the personalities of the Titans, so that they can have a spotlight that is alongside whatever human character dynamics would be explored.
Welcome to TK.
gottatalktothefake wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:51 pm Don’t forget, you’re here forever
Gojira18 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:30 pm
gottatalktothefake wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:51 pm Don’t forget, you’re here forever
For better and for worse....

Hotel Toho Kingdom?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Such a lovely place
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

-|Enoch|-
Monsterland Worker

Post by -|Enoch|- »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:36 pm I find it kinda strange..... Weeks ago, KDM talked about how strong Scar King is and how he is, in his words "bigger, stronger, faster" and that he proves to be an ultimate threat to Godzilla.

i still want to know why we give him so much credit? has he ever gotten a leak right before? what am i missing here....?

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

-|Enoch|- wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:45 am

i still want to know why we give him so much credit? has he ever gotten a leak right before? what am i missing here....?
........he's 99.9% correct....he's vague, but correct. That's WHY.

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:17 am Such a lovely place
such a lovely face
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

king_ghidorah wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:54 am
-|Enoch|- wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:45 am

........he's 99.9% correct....he's vague, but correct. That's WHY.
He was MOSTLY correct about GvK. Does not guarantee his legitimacy on GxK

I get the impression that he doesn't have super specific intel on the plot this time, just my two cents

Handsome Shrek
JXSDF Technician

Post by Handsome Shrek »

It's crazy... we might not get a trailer/poster until 2024. That is if this follows a similar marketing scheme to Godzilla vs Kong
-Based AF

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

As far as I'm concerned that's how it should be.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:41 am It's crazy... we might not get a trailer/poster until 2024. That is if this follows a similar marketing scheme to Godzilla vs Kong
Doubt it. Pretty sure they'll follow Kong: Skull Island's marketing schedule. Teaser trailer at SDCC (July). Movie releases March of next year. GvK's marketing was more a fluke than anything because of the pandemic.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

They’re going to have to balance Kong anime, Monarch show, Toho G and GxK marketing. It’ll be really interesting to see how they navigate all of this.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

king_ghidorah wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:19 pm They’re going to have to balance Kong anime, Monarch show, Toho G and GxK marketing. It’ll be really interesting to see how they navigate all of this.
Who is they? The Skull Island series comes out in just a few weeks, and Godzilla X Kong doesn't come out for almost 9 months after that. Meanwhile, the new Toho Godzilla movie is its own thing, entirely unrelated to the Monsterverse and releasing first on the other side of the world. I dont think there's going to be much of a problem "balancing" anything.

When does the Monarch show come out again?