How does Moguera conpare to MechaGodzilla?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Infinity
Monarch Researcher

Re: How does Moguera conpare to MechaGodzilla?

Post by Infinity »

You take the term "realistic" way too skreeonk seriously. I'm gonna start using verisimilitude. Its got too many letters.
I hope its not coming off as rude. I have this tendency to go into extreme details when debating. I'm done with it anyway.

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

I think Moguera is pretty cool, here look.ImageJust ignore the little robot girl Ha!
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

^ Thats some pretty awesome art.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I think that almost looks worse than the suit.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

antovald20 wrote:I think Moguera is pretty cool, here look.ImageJust ignore the little robot girl Ha!
I always did like his design.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Rai'drik
Ronin

Post by Rai'drik »

anyone else besides me considered the Spiral Grenades might be an evolution of the G-crusher/Shock Anchor? They do seem to have enough power to punch through kaiju flesh (blowing up Space Godzilla's crystals)

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

Living Corpse wrote:
Gyaos wrote:Didnt the JSDF guy in GxMG say Kiryu's form is based off of Godzilla for maximum combat efficency or something?
That's the thing. Kiryu and 70's Mechagodzilla actually fought up close with punches and kicks sometimes (and even tail in Kiryu's case), unlike Heisei Mechagodzilla who never used his arms or legs for anything. It's like why even give it arms and legs when you're not even gonna use them for anything but walking and shock anchors? :?
But oddly enough, staying at range benefitted MGII. He came the closest to killing Godzilla, whereas the other 2 put themselves in needless danger.

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

Yeah. But as a collective, I think MGII did the best.

Happy Canada Day to those Canadians on the Forums!

Amp87
Samurai

Post by Amp87 »

There is really no comparison between the two Mecha Godzilla was specifically designed to kill Godzilla and take over the world. Moguera was controlled by pilots from the JSDF to help Godzilla take down Space Godzilla and he did but was ultimately destroyed by Space Godzilla in the end. The suit design is okay minor cosmetic changes from its original version from many years prior and has a host of weapons and defenses but that all depends on the pilots.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

One nearly killed Godzilla, the other was a massive jobber.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

The best thing about MOGERA were the Bandai toys.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

"Con"pare? I'm fairly certain neither MOGEURA nor MechaGodzilla went to prison, scooby.

All jokes aside; MOGEURA's cool and all, but MechaGodzilla is undoubtedly the superior mech.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Thu May 18, 2023 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I think we're letting favoritism get in our way just a tad here.

Mechagodzilla would overheat and break down any time Godzilla looked at it hard enough. It was badly damaged by Rodan, a kaiju that, based on their respective weights, should bounce off of Mechagodzilla. One of its best weapons, the Shock Anchor, could be instantly turned against it if Godzilla decided to send his Nuclear Pulse up the cables (which he does pretty quickly). If Godzilla got within melee range, there was literally nothing Mechagodzilla could do.

Once it was shielded against SpaceGodzilla's EMPs (something that would affect plenty of other mechs as well), MOGERA could take on kaiju like SpaceGodzilla for extended periods of time and survive long enough to fall back and regroup. It could take hard hits from some top tier kaiju and keep on fighting. Instead of being scared of close quarters combat, it sought it out, stabbing foes with its nose drill. There's also the fact that it can leave the Earth's atmosphere and can separate into two different mechs, which offers more combat options.

I know MOGERA's just the "goofy penguin robot," guys, but come on.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Yeah M.O.G.U.E.R.A.. is definitely "stronger/more advanced" and it is funny to me that people assocaite Mechagodzilla as being stronger due to favoritism. Moguera is a pretty powerful robot and definitely no slouch. Titanogoji16 summed it up nicely above me, but there's more.

Mainly M.O.G.U.E.R.A. fixed all the problems that Heisei MG suffered from. It appears to have just as much firepower, if not more, but also has added mobility. The treads allowed it to move pretty quickly on the ground, as well as retreat with ease; something that the bulky and sluggish MG would have desperately loved.

The missiles that M.O.G.U.E.R.A. fires, the spiral grenade missiles, are an improved version of the G-Crusher strategy. Why get close to Godzilla and risk being damaged/attatched to Godzilla if you can just fire safely from a distance? We know they're pretty damn powerful, as they break through SG's crystals and massively cripple it. There's a good chance that this really was the blow that lead towards SG's defeat.

This is based on what we see in the film, but if you want to count guidebooks and extra film stuff, M.O.G.U.E.R.A. is stated to have eye beams that are 3x times more powerful than MG's laser cannons. Additionally, because they're volleys of fire, rather than a continual shot, M.O.G.U.E.R.A. can fire a lot more rounds at once.

M.O.G.U.E.R.A. is the superior mech. While this might be controversial, it's possibly one of the most advanced, and versatile, Godzilla mechs to ever be created in universe.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

In regards to Moguera being more powerful than Mechagodzilla, I think a lot of that comes from the "extended canon." In addition to the stats mentioned above, isn't there a manga adaptation where Moguera one-shots Mechagodzilla? In the film itself, Moguera is definitely much more mobile than Mechagodzilla but I never got the impression that it was more powerful. I'd have to watch the film again to judge but that would require me to watch Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla for the second time in a year and I don't want to put myself through that.

Anyway, I will fully admit that Mechagodzilla is one of my favorite kaiju and Moguera is one of my least favorites. It just doesn't do much for me. Maybe that influences my opinion but I feel like, based on onscreen evidence, Mechagodzilla still comes across as more powerful. It's true the spiral grenades seemed quite powerful though. Too bad we didn't get to see Moguera have a proper fight with Godzilla, that would make it easier to judge.

I also have an actual question about Moguera's destruction. Did Godzilla intentionally destroy it or did it just get caught in the crossfire? My memory was always that it got struck by a stray hyper spiral ray while Godzilla was attacking Space Godzilla but the last time I watched, it looked deliberate. Thoughts on this?
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:40 pm In regards to Moguera being more powerful than Mechagodzilla, I think a lot of that comes from the "extended canon." In addition to the stats mentioned above, isn't there a manga adaptation where Moguera one-shots Mechagodzilla? In the film itself, Moguera is definitely much more mobile than Mechagodzilla but I never got the impression that it was more powerful. I'd have to watch the film again to judge but that would require me to watch Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla for the second time in a year and I don't want to put myself through that.

Anyway, I will fully admit that Mechagodzilla is one of my favorite kaiju and Moguera is one of my least favorites. It just doesn't do much for me. Maybe that influences my opinion but I feel like, based on onscreen evidence, Mechagodzilla still comes across as more powerful. It's true the spiral grenades seemed quite powerful though. Too bad we didn't get to see Moguera have a proper fight with Godzilla, that would make it easier to judge.

I also have an actual question about Moguera's destruction. Did Godzilla intentionally destroy it or did it just get caught in the crossfire? My memory was always that it got struck by a stray hyper spiral ray while Godzilla was attacking Space Godzilla but the last time I watched, it looked deliberate. Thoughts on this?
Iirc, it was just caught in the crossfire when Godzilla blew SpaceGodzilla to kingdom come.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Moguera was in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, the mech fought well and performed two critical roles in the battle. First, it took out the tower and removed SG's power conduit. Second, the destruction of the shoulder crystals.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

edgaguirus wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:29 pm Moguera was in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, the mech fought well and performed two critical roles in the battle. First, it took out the tower and removed SG's power conduit. Second, the destruction of the shoulder crystals.
Honestly, of all Godzillas "allies", MOGUERA really put in the most individual work.

MOGUERA's efforts led (happy Mikelcho?) to SG's defeat, and while other monsters helped in other circumstances, I don't think quite like this.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.